Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed to a preferred room for June 9-12. Please convince me that I did the right thing (it's almost $50 more per night than standard). Not concerned about being close to lobby, but do want to be able to get a seat on a park bus as I have back issues.

Well if being close to the first bus stop, which is actually bus stop 2, preferred isn't necessary. Casitas 4&5 (standard rooms) are closer to the stop than most rooms in the preferred buildings.. Preferred will guarantee Casitas though. Now with that being said, we always stay in cabanas and usually use bus stop 1, which is actually the last stop and almost always get a seat.

Ranchos 7A is finishing up and Cabanas 8A is supposed to start next week. (7B was supposed to be next, but I think they moved to Cabanas to keep the work in one section).

If you are going next month, you can still get Cabanas 8B or 9A but you'll be sandwiched in between the rehab and construction. If you are at the parks most of the day, it may not bother you. If you are going to have a lot of resort time, you might want to ask for Casitas 4 or 5.

We are arriving April 6th and will have a lot of resort time (staying 5 nights only doing 1 park day) We have a car so not worried about proximity to things but want to be as far from the construction as possible, where should we request do you think? And the quiet pool is important to us so not sure if they are doing anything to those but want to make sure the quiet pool in our area is open. Also wondering if any rehabbed rooms will be done yet, might be worth being near construction if we can get a fresh new room!

Thanks! I'm thinking 7A, It would be fun to be in one of the rehabbed rooms, do we know what they're doing to them?
There are photos somewhere in this thread, as well as on Buzz's FB page...rehab to the bathroom, double sinks, and room refresh with wood flooring.

7A is the only completed building so far, so it's going to be highly requested

I'm also looking for room request help! Have never been to CSR! Bus proximity not important, not going to the parks during our on-site stay, we're just staying one night before our off-site condo.
We do want to enjoy the large pool, a refurbished room would be great & we plan on eating (probably just counter service) at the resort after our pool afternoon.
We won't be there till the last week in June, & the room I booked it "water view" (no standards left with summer discount).
TIA

@marshallandcartersmo - currently 7A is the only completed refurb building and it has NO water views. 8A (next to the main pool, great water views, across the bridge to El Centro/dining) should be done before your visit. This building was already coveted before the rehab, so it will be highly requested once complete.

Casitas 5 is also a good choice for you. It's across a footbridge to the main pool (which has QS/drinks), and a reasonable walk to El Centro/dining.

When it's time to do online check in, can you request specific building numbers? Haven't stayed at CS since all of the online embellishments

When it's time to do online check in, can you request specific building numbers? Haven't stayed at CS since all of the online embellishments
Very few options for online check in:

coronadocheckin-png.220986

You can always call and add a request onto your reservations. I requested 7A. We'll see if it's open when I check in in 10 days.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the information (number, if there is a form?, etc) for faxing over requests, I thought I knew where it was but I do not.

Was wondering the same about the refurbishment? I am checking in June 7th. Thanks for the info. Never stayed at CS before

Bearing in mind the current construction where is best to request a room near to dig site and food court?
Thanks

That room doesn't really exsist anymore. I would have said 9b but thats rumble now. You could choose cabanas but you will be sandwiched between construction. So decide what most important, food court or dig site? Food court... Casitas, dig site....ranchos. Building 5 casitas might be your best bet since you will be equal distance to both but not really close to either.

HI, just joining in on this thread. My DD (22) and I will be there Dec 9th-15th- First time at this resort- have done POFQ ( many moons ago)- CBR, POP and AOAM- We are from the SW so theming is not super important in this case. We lucked out and got free dining on a bounce back from last Sept. Looking forward to being in a Mod now that my daughter is older (space had become an issue at the Values)- Couple of questions... by that time , will construction be completed or do we know what phase it will be in? Recently it started showing that- there are no rooms whatsoever available for my timeframe.... does this mean that there is a lot of construction at that time to be completed prior to the holidays or does it mean that there is a convention going on at that time? Thanks

We will have our first stay at Coronado this June. My parents stayed there last October, and we thought it was beautiful when we visited them. My question though is it says "coffee makers" are in the room, is that a traditional coffee maker or the Keurig coffee makers? DH is the coffee drinker, and we were going to bring some of his coffee to use.

Have a certified letter from WDW that wasn't delivered as no one was home. Staying at CSR in May - ? if anyone knows if they're going to relocate you would they send a certified letter? Looked on mydisneyexperience and there's nothing noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter