Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
p6hk0.jpg

We just came back from our first stay at CSR. We really enjoyed it. We are DVC so we don't get to stay at the non dvc resorts that often but I am so happy we chose there. The CM were fiendly, our mosekeeper was terrific, worked around our coming and going to pool, back in afternoon...The only things we saw with room condition was small nicked up spots on the dark furniture(lots of them) and the tile/grout looked old (little rough) in the bathroom. So maybe the refurb will address these. We thought it was beautiful-especially at night.

We were at the pool 2 days, food at the snackbar was good,lovely area. My DH went down every am to do work down at the main bldg and loved the small pastry/snack spot for coffee and a bagel while a quiet spot to work. We enjoyed the real cakes and cheesecakes each night as well!

The buses were great. Only ever waited less then 10 minutes-both coming and going and for all 4 parks. We all thought the times to all the parks was good as well. We liked everything about it.

If I want to ship a pkg. to the resort before I get there, is there a certain carrier I must use, ie: UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex?? Anyone know?

We got the letter yesterday. I'm going to call this weekend to see what our options are.
This trip is our 20th anniversary celebration. Normally I wouldn't care so much about a resort rehab, but we were planning on a couple resort days. I'm wondering if we should change resorts now.

We will be there in October. When is the rehab starting? We booked through a travel agent and didn't get a letter. I've heard October and I've also heard November. Just wondering what the letter states? Thanks

We got the letter yesterday. I'm going to call this weekend to see what our options are.
This trip is our 20th anniversary celebration. Normally I wouldn't care so much about a resort rehab, but we were planning on a couple resort days. I'm wondering if we should change resorts now.

We got the letter this week too. We booked through the unnamed agency. I emailed them to see what my options are. They said the construction will only be room renovations one building at a time and should not affect any of the guest areas. I hope they are correct. I also asked if Disney was offering guests the option to move to a different resort. They said they have not been notified by Disney.

It's going to be a long 18 months reading all these refurb posts. :sad2:

There is no effect to the guests. You will not even know it's happening. Your resort days will not be affected. They will not offer a change of resort because there is no reason to. You do not need to change resorts. You do not need to be concerned.

We will be there for 2 weeks during the refurb and are not the slightest bit concerned.

There is no effect to the guests. You will not even know it's happening. Your resort days will not be affected. They will not offer a change of resort because there is no reason to. You do not need to change resorts. You do not need to be concerned.

I hope you are correct but I've heard all this before and was very disappointed with the construction when I stayed at other Disney resorts undergoing refurbs. I understand it is necessary but if I would known ahead of time, I would choose to stay at a different resort that is not under construction. Don't mean to sound like a downer but been there done that. The letter they are sending is a CYA letter. I get it.

I genuinely don't see this starting before late October, because they have back to back conferences that were booked well in advance. The start of November is when conference season goes dark(er).

I hope you are correct but I've heard all this before and was very disappointed with the construction when I stayed at other Disney resorts undergoing refurbs. I understand it is necessary but if I would known ahead of time, I would choose to stay at a different resort that is not under construction. Don't mean to sound like a downer but been there done that. The letter they are sending is a CYA letter. I get it.

Refurbs are different at the Mod resorts because the buildings are completely separate and somewhat isolated. The only complaints about the recent rehab at CBR were when they closed the bridge. The actual room rehabs didn't effect the guests at all. The good news at CSR is that the main pool, quiet pools, Pepper Market, and fitness center/spa have all had recent refurbs so the main services/amenites will not be affected. The only way you will even notice is if you walk by the building they are working on and see that they have a security fence up.

Refurbs were different at resorts like WL because the buildings are attached and they were gutting everything. They also closed and rebuilt the main pool. The refurbs at POR and CBR were pulled off with no real inconveniece for the guests. I expect the CSR refurb to be the same or better.

I'm planning to decorate the room window with Halloween window clings and maybe some Halloween lights. I did this at POR once for Marti Gras and my youngest thought it was fun. Has anybody who has been recently seen any window decorations?

Refurbs are different at the Mod resorts because the buildings are completely separate and somewhat isolated. The only complaints about the recent rehab at CBR were when they closed the bridge. The actual room rehabs didn't effect the guests at all. The good news at CSR is that the main pool, quiet pools, Pepper Market, and fitness center/spa have all had recent refurbs so the main services/amenites will not be affected. The only way you will even notice is if you walk by the building they are working on and see that they have a security fence up.

Refurbs were different at resorts like WL because the buildings are attached and they were gutting everything. They also closed and rebuilt the main pool. The refurbs at POR and CBR were pulled off with no real inconveniece for the guests. I expect the CSR refurb to be the same or better.

I do not really agree. We have stayed at CSR during a couple of refurbishments, refurb of rooms and again when they were doing exterior painting. We also stayed at POR during their RR refurb. Maybe if your room is not near the construction it won't affect you much, but if your room is anywhere near the refurb area, especially in the middle of the day, you "will" notice construction workers coming and going, and you "will" hear power tools running or like one of the days where we saw mattresses lined up next to the rooms, ready to be installed. Did this effect us? not really but I definitely knew it was going on. I will say that if we had a room right across from the construction that it would effect our stay. I would not want to open the curtains and see construction going on every day:( I can also see it bothering people that go back to their room for naps or breaks. You mention a security fence, is this new? because I know they did not use one (while we were there) at POR during their RR refurb. I was able to walk up and take pictures during the remodel. I know it has to happen and I am glad they do refurb's at the resorts, but it will effect some peoples vacations.

I agree with saskdw. I've stayed at CSR through the previous rehabs and did not experience any disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter