Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to offer our experience to those that follow along as I had read a few posts before our recent trip. We were there 12/18-12/21 then embarked on the Disney Dream 12/21 so I added this portion when free dining was released awhile ago. We had never stayed at CSR but I knew others had and really liked it. We've stayed at POP, ASMo, POFQ, and AKL in October. In a nutshell my DH said CSR was his favorite by far, even over AKL. :)

When I booked the WDW portion, I requested Casitas 4 area and we were not granted this. I totally understands it's just a request so I'm just mentioning it since I know this is often discussed here. I actually received our room ready email before we even left for the airport and we were in Ranchos 6B about as far away as you could be. I'm all about "things happen for a reason" so we kept it and didn't even go to the front desk. After arriving, we settled in, loved the quiet area and then headed to get some food at Pepper Market. We made newbies mistake and walked the outside perimeter instead of the trail through the middle and I think honestly, that's my biggest "complaint" with most WDW resorts they are so dark at night so we didn't see any signs to direct us to the front but I knew the layout of the area so just assumed walking the outside track was the safest bet. My DH especially loved the layout of the food courts especially over AKL. POP has a good food court we think although almost always very busy. The first night was long for us and I had been feeling "off" and honestly didn't think I could handle the long walk back to the room so a nice CM took us in the golf cart to the room and by doing this, we saw the way he went and learned it the next day. I appreciated this extra touch and noticed through our brief stay they would transport people around if requested or needed. All the CM's we encountered were friendly and nice to deal with.

The bus service was great and we never waited longer than 10 minutes I believe. We often got off at stop 1 so I could go to guest services and apply gift cards to our account so it added several more minutes but wasn't too bad.

Ranchos 6B was very quiet and in all we felt the resort was serene and beautiful and relaxing as many have stated. I have no regrets about choosing CSR and our family of 3 really enjoyed it.

Hope this helps someone else :)
Heather

We are looking to book CSR probably standard view. I really like the look of the casitas section the best but cabanas has a nice looking beach. Is there something I can book or request to get me out in one of those villages and not ranchos. I'm not crazy about the cactuus/desert look of that section.

Sarahbelle341 said:
We are looking to book CSR probably standard view. I really like the look of the casitas section the best but cabanas has a nice looking beach. Is there something I can book or request to get me out in one of those villages and not ranchos. I'm not crazy about the cactuus/desert look of that section.
Just remember that you can ask for a different room if you do not like where they have put you ( even the next day). I did that once when they put me in ranchos after I requested cabanas. You could request "cabanas or casitas" and that would give you a good chance.

Just back from 11 days in Cabanas 9B. The lounge was great for a quick breakfast and a sangria or beer at the end of the day. There were some cheerleaders and basketball teams on the last few days but we heard very little from them. The bus service was the best we've had at any resort so far. Always got seats. Because of the lounge, we ate at Pepper Market only one time and it was fine. Saw a baby gator a few times near the bridge and a big Florida Softshell turtle, also near the bridge closest to the pool. No renovations seen in the rooms so far, but ours was fine. Loved our housekeeper, Migdalia. Had a wonderful time even though parks were crazy busy, especially the last two days.

We are staying there in April.....the last time we were at Coronado was 2006. Quick question~~ I would LOVE for us to get an early check-in, how should I try to go about this. Thanks!

We are staying there in April.....the last time we were at Coronado was 2006. Quick question~~ I would LOVE for us to get an early check-in, how should I try to go about this. Thanks!
When you do on line check in, there is an option for early check in as a priority request. We have done this before and have always been lucky to receive this request

Subscribing.....just booked for May/June 2016. We have never stayed at CSR, looking forward to a change of venue!

Darn...thanks for the info though!!!!
Can you fit in a twin air mattress? There is plenty of room. We used one just last week since our two teen boys sleep better if not sharing a queen bed! (Of course not sure if they will let you put 3 people in a King room)

Any word on refurbishments to rooms? Awhile back there was a rumor of this, any updates?
We were just there last week and our housekeeper mentioned how there was going to be a refurbishment soon - and it sounded like all rooms at the resort would eventually be done. Not sure of timeline. I do know our housekeeper had been there a long time and was excellent.

Thanks! I will try it and pray! ;)
We just got back and had a wonderful time at CSR. When you do the on-line check-in you can not only check having first-available as a top option over your other requests, but you also indicate the time you expect to arrive. We did NOT select first-available but did put in an estimated arrival time of 11:30 AM. At 11:30 AM we got a text that said our room was not ready yet. We had not arrived yet and did not expect the room ready until 3 PM. Around 12 PM we got another text stating the room was ready. Just a little bit later we arrived at CSR and parked near the building indicated in the text. Found our room and unpacked. Grabbed lunch at the food court and picked up our mugs (dining plan). No issues with our magic bands opening our room or utilizing for our meal plan credits. Worked great and happy our room was ready so early!

Can you fit in a twin air mattress? There is plenty of room. We used one just last week since our two teen boys sleep better if not sharing a queen bed! (Of course not sure if they will let you put 3 people in a King room)

That's what I'm wondering...DH and I are used to a King bed...I like my space! I'd really rather have the king and a roll away...I would imagine you could fit an air mattress...but honestly not sure. Once we are able to finalize our ressies if I find out anything different I'll post...but I'm not too hopeful.

Staying for my first time at CSR in just about a month. We were looking into POP and the rooms had booked by the time we decided to go - sort of a last minute trip and a big step up in price but doable. Excited for this!

That's what I'm wondering...DH and I are used to a King bed...I like my space! I'd really rather have the king and a roll away...I would imagine you could fit an air mattress...but honestly not sure. Once we are able to finalize our ressies if I find out anything different I'll post...but I'm not too hopeful.
Sorry - I should have clarified - you CAN fit an air mattress in the room but wasn't sure you could fit it in with your luggage. We were in a two queen bed room and put the air mattress near the window/door during the night and stood it up on the wall where the adjoining room door was (we weren't using it) during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter