Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can ask to be moved. But I would be prepared to pay for the change especially if it's an upgrade. We were at CBR in February for my 40th birthday when there was a cheer competition. I didn't want to deal with the noise and other issues we experienced on the first day they arrived so I went to the lobby and asked about being moved. Please keep in mind that I was completely prepared to pay for it. We were moved that night. In fact we were in our new room (at a deluxe resort) within 2 hours of the request. There was no charge for moving resorts but I believe that may have been a little pixie dust for my birthday.

Oh I never would ask for anything for free! I just know that I would not mind moving if the resort is crazy crowded and loud.

In all the years we have been going to Disney we have always felt we get our money's worth and then some. When we saw first started going I read that you pay gorvthe room you want, so no disappointment. The stories of magical upgrades are not the reality for most, do that is what I do. But now I see we the resort may not be what I thought, so I was just thinking ahead so I can be prepared for whatever. I have never needed to change before, and don't anticipate we will, but I like to have a plan and a back up plan. Lol! My traveling companions never get put through what I do to myself though! lol!

Thank you for the info. I so appreciate it!

You can ask to be moved. But I would be prepared to pay for the change especially if it's an upgrade. We were at CBR in February for my 40th birthday when there was a cheer competition. I didn't want to deal with the noise and other issues we experienced on the first day they arrived so I went to the lobby and asked about being moved. Please keep in mind that I was completely prepared to pay for it. We were moved that night. In fact we were in our new room (at a deluxe resort) within 2 hours of the request. There was no charge for moving resorts but I believe that may have been a little pixie dust for my birthday.
You wouldn't know until check-in.

Oh I never would ask for anything for free! I just know that I would not mind moving if the resort is crazy crowded and loud.

In all the years we have been going to Disney we have always felt we get our money's worth and then some. When we saw first started going I read that you pay gorvthe room you want, so no disappointment. The stories of magical upgrades are not the reality for most, do that is what I do. But now I see we the resort may not be what I thought, so I was just thinking ahead so I can be prepared for whatever. I have never needed to change before, and don't anticipate we will, but I like to have a plan and a back up plan. Lol! My traveling companions never get put through what I do to myself though! lol!

Thank you for the info. I so appreciate it!

The groups started to show up Thursday - only place we really noticed big crowd was food court. Resort is still quiet otherwise.

The groups started to show up Thursday - only place we really noticed big crowd was food court. Resort is still quiet otherwise.
Thank you! I was a little worried. There were a few reports about rambunctious cheers and I was concerned I would need to cope with them at the resort.

I'm sure it is buried somewhere within this thread. Can someone tell me if we can email our resort requests? If so, to whom?

I'm sure it is buried somewhere within this thread. Can someone tell me if we can email our resort requests? If so, to whom?

No you can't. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and have any room requests added to your reservation. There are some request options during online check in but they are predetermined and very limited.

I have only seen the cheerleaders in the food court. The only "noise" was the fireworks. I thought my neighbors were repeatedly moving their furniture around until I took a peek out of the window. Hey! I returned to an ottoman outside their door, so it was a logical explanation for the disturbance. Lol

I wouldn't be worried. I have had some really quiet nights. I did take a stroll around my favorite resort POR. It too was quiet.

We did not send in any requests for when we stayed here in September but we are staying at POR in June and on that thread they are saying to fax your request in 5 days before check in. You can also call. I might do both when for our stay in June. I would assume that the protocol would be the same.

The resort is lovely. We know there are cheers here but we have not experienced them at the resort, however some folks on the bus were pretty upset about incidents on Tuesday. I guess parents said they deserved to @ have fun. All Stars Music was a complete nightmare on Tuesday night. I would have left if I was impacted the way my friend was. There were hoards of them drinking in the common areas late night. Security was out trying to corral them.

We had quiet all night

Is there a "who is staying at CSR and when" post in this thread, or elsewhere?

We are 35 days out for our very first trip to WDW and I couldn't be more excited!!! We will be arriving at CSR on Jan 20th for a 9 night stay. We aren't telling the kids about the trip until the morning we fly out (I feel like I'm going to burst, I'm so excited!). I have read the last 110 pages of this thread to try to educate myself on the resort so I don't ask any questions that have already been answered and I only have a couple of questions that haven't been answered (or answered in enough detail that I feel like I know exactly what is going on).

1) It seemed like there were quite a few complaints about resort transportation about a year ago, but not enough details were given about the experiences for me to know how to avoid any potential problems (ie: time of day, stop #, etc). I'm thinking alot of the issue was the time people were getting to the stop AND the time of year (Thanksgiving/Christmas). So, my main question is this:
I would like to get to the parks in time for rope drop in the morning (again, we will be there January 20-29). To my knowledge, none of the parks we are going to have early hours on the days we are going to them. I have scheduled a fax to be sent to the resort via the touringplans website asking for Casitas 4 (I am very aware that we may not get that particular building). Even if we don't get that building, I am inclined to walk to bus stop #2 outside of Casitas 4 to get the bus to the parks. Is getting to the stop an hour before I want to be at the park sufficient? I'm assuming slightly before that for days we are going to MK since it takes longer to get there?
1b) I'd like to get to HS earlier to try to position ourselves towards the front of the group waiting at rope drop. HS will be the first park we will be experiencing and I'd like to sign my kids up for the Padewan training, so I want to make sure we are there early enough....what time would you recommend getting to the park to do this?

2) I've read I can request a microwave when we check in (first come, first serve). Any ideas on the chances we will score one? Our flight doesn't land at MCO until 1:59 and we are taking the Disney Express to the resort. I'm feeling like the chances of us scoring a microwave is slim.

3) My main reason for requesting a microwave is so that I can make instant oatmeal in the mornings, but I have formulated a 'plan B' in case we do not get one. I've read there are coffee makers in the rooms (Cuisinart, I believe). We do not make coffee in our house and I have no clue how these pod makers work at all. Can I "make" hot water to make the instant oatmeal with these pod makers??

4) I see on my MDE account that I can do the online check-in right now. I am wondering if I do that, will my room request that is faxed to the resort 5 days prior to our arrival just be ignored?? I am aware that the Casitas section is not listed in the online check-in option. Personally, I am not opposed to checking in the "old fashioned" way, but I do not know if the time we are getting to the resort.....I'm guessing 3/3:30.... is a busy time thus making the check in process longer. I don't want the process to be longer, but I don't want to somehow jeopardize any chance I have of getting the building I'd like. Thoughts?

HS will be the first park we will be experiencing and I'd like to sign my kids up for the Padewan training, so I want to make sure we are there early enough....what time would you recommend getting to the park to do this?

This may be more of a Theme Parks question, but since they have expanded JTA to 28-30 kids/session, sessions every hour, it's generally possible to hit rope drop for Toy Story, THEN go to JTA sign up and get a spot, so long as you're okay with a later-in-the-day timeslot for the JTA show.

I see on my MDE account that I can do the online check-in right now. I am wondering if I do that, will my room request that is faxed to the resort 5 days prior to our arrival just be ignored??

To be honest, a room request 5 days out is likely to already be too late. If you do online check-in and want a fax to be your request, just don't make any requests in the online check-in. It depends on how full the resort is and when people are arriving/departing for when assignment occurs.

We are 35 days out for our very first trip to WDW and I couldn't be more excited!!! We will be arriving at CSR on Jan 20th for a 9 night stay. We aren't telling the kids about the trip until the morning we fly out (I feel like I'm going to burst, I'm so excited!). I have read the last 110 pages of this thread to try to educate myself on the resort so I don't ask any questions that have already been answered and I only have a couple of questions that haven't been answered (or answered in enough detail that I feel like I know exactly what is going on).

1) It seemed like there were quite a few complaints about resort transportation about a year ago, but not enough details were given about the experiences for me to know how to avoid any potential problems (ie: time of day, stop #, etc). I'm thinking alot of the issue was the time people were getting to the stop AND the time of year (Thanksgiving/Christmas). So, my main question is this:
I would like to get to the parks in time for rope drop in the morning (again, we will be there January 20-29). To my knowledge, none of the parks we are going to have early hours on the days we are going to them. I have scheduled a fax to be sent to the resort via the touringplans website asking for Casitas 4 (I am very aware that we may not get that particular building). Even if we don't get that building, I am inclined to walk to bus stop #2 outside of Casitas 4 to get the bus to the parks. Is getting to the stop an hour before I want to be at the park sufficient? I'm assuming slightly before that for days we are going to MK since it takes longer to get there?
1b) I'd like to get to HS earlier to try to position ourselves towards the front of the group waiting at rope drop. HS will be the first park we will be experiencing and I'd like to sign my kids up for the Padewan training, so I want to make sure we are there early enough....what time would you recommend getting to the park to do this?

2) I've read I can request a microwave when we check in (first come, first serve). Any ideas on the chances we will score one? Our flight doesn't land at MCO until 1:59 and we are taking the Disney Express to the resort. I'm feeling like the chances of us scoring a microwave is slim.

3) My main reason for requesting a microwave is so that I can make instant oatmeal in the mornings, but I have formulated a 'plan B' in case we do not get one. I've read there are coffee makers in the rooms (Cuisinart, I believe). We do not make coffee in our house and I have no clue how these pod makers work at all. Can I "make" hot water to make the instant oatmeal with these pod makers??

4) I see on my MDE account that I can do the online check-in right now. I am wondering if I do that, will my room request that is faxed to the resort 5 days prior to our arrival just be ignored?? I am aware that the Casitas section is not listed in the online check-in option. Personally, I am not opposed to checking in the "old fashioned" way, but I do not know if the time we are getting to the resort.....I'm guessing 3/3:30.... is a busy time thus making the check in process longer. I don't want the process to be longer, but I don't want to somehow jeopardize any chance I have of getting the building I'd like. Thoughts?

I am SO happy for you - first trip is awesome! So on to your post.... my answers are only to a few:

1. DH has stayed at CSR twice for conferences. Buses no different than our other resorts overall. You want to be at the park 45 minutes at least before rope drop. For MK that means being at bus stop about 1-1/2 to 1-1/4 hour prior to RD.

1b. Read this post from easywdw about rope drop at DHS, he mentions the Jedi sign up as well as strategy to get close to the front. You need to be there by 8:15 for a 9AM open. http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/hollywood-studios-1-day-cheat-sheet-touring-plan-in-practice-12115/

If you have not yet discovered this site, I recommend it - even over Touring Plans. It is free too :) Both are good, I like easywdw a bit better.

4. My experience: I completed online check-in (POR not CSR) as early as possible, selecting what best applied in the requests. Then one week before our arrival I faxed the resort my room/area request. This is recommended on the POR and POFQ websites by a castmember who works at the resort. I am unsure that CSR would be any different. You can still change if when you arrive they put you where you dont want to be, just ask. If they have room, they may be able to accomodate you.

Enjoy your trip - it will be memorable and amazing for all! And what an awesome surprise as they go to the airport.

I just returned from a week at CSR -- you are going to love this resort! The buses were fine; I never had more than a 10 minute wait. I agree with you though on Bus Stop #2! Even though I was in Cabanas (either #4 or #1 would have worked for me), I always walked to #2! First on, first off. That was for the 4 parks; I didn't go to Disney Springs this trip.

The advantage to online check-in is that your payment information, plus your approximate arrival time are listed so I would encourage you to do online check-in. If you're taking Magical Express, add about an hour to when you land and make that your "arrival time". Request Casitas and another option if you desire (such as high floor; ground floor), but don't check the box that says "room ready" as your priority. Then go ahead and send your fax when it's time. I think you have a very good chance of getting exactly what you want, especially since you're not going at a crazy-busy time!

The coffee makers will make hot water for you - one cup at a time. Just make sure the basket where you would normally put the pod is rinsed out well so there's no possibility of a coffee flavor getting into your hot water. :thumbsup2

Good luck keeping the secret! I know you're over-the-moon excited, but think about the next month: Life will be much easier for you if the secret doesn't get out! You should try to catch the kids' reactions on video if you can! How exciting for your family!

Have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

Just wanted to share my two cents.
I stayed at this resort with a friend in October 2013 for a week.
We loved it!!
Initially I was pretty worried after reading so many comments about how large the resort is and how much walking is involved to get from place to place, but it was no problem at all!
I did end up taking the bus a few times when I wanted to get from our room to the main entrance or the food court, but we usually walked.
It was pleasant, beautiful and we really enjoyed it.
The pool is awesome! And it's been two years but we had no transportation problems back then. Buses came frequently enough both to and from the parks.
We really wanted a microwave but did not get one so that was frustrating, but all in all, a very positive experience! :-)

This may be more of a Theme Parks question, but since they have expanded JTA to 28-30 kids/session, sessions every hour, it's generally possible to hit rope drop for Toy Story, THEN go to JTA sign up and get a spot, so long as you're okay with a later-in-the-day timeslot for the JTA show.

To be honest, a room request 5 days out is likely to already be too late. If you do online check-in and want a fax to be your request, just don't make any requests in the online check-in. It depends on how full the resort is and when people are arriving/departing for when assignment occurs.

We have a FP+ for Star Tours at 9 and then Toy Story at 10:30, so since we are heading that way anyways, I'd like to get there as early as possible.

So, do you think faxing the resort like 7-10 days before our arrival would work?? I can fax them from where I work instead of relying on touringplans to do it.

I am SO happy for you - first trip is awesome! So on to your post.... my answers are only to a few:

1. DH has stayed at CSR twice for conferences. Buses no different than our other resorts overall. You want to be at the park 45 minutes at least before rope drop. For MK that means being at bus stop about 1-1/2 to 1-1/4 hour prior to RD.

1b. Read this post from easywdw about rope drop at DHS, he mentions the Jedi sign up as well as strategy to get close to the front. You need to be there by 8:15 for a 9AM open. http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/hollywood-studios-1-day-cheat-sheet-touring-plan-in-practice-12115/

If you have not yet discovered this site, I recommend it - even over Touring Plans. It is free too :) Both are good, I like easywdw a bit better.

4. My experience: I completed online check-in (POR not CSR) as early as possible, selecting what best applied in the requests. Then one week before our arrival I faxed the resort my room/area request. This is recommended on the POR and POFQ websites by a castmember who works at the resort. I am unsure that CSR would be any different. You can still change if when you arrive they put you where you dont want to be, just ask. If they have room, they may be able to accomodate you.

Enjoy your trip - it will be memorable and amazing for all! And what an awesome surprise as they go to the airport.

CSR doesn't have Casitas as an option for the online check-in, so I didn't know if it was worth it to do it. I think I will and just check the box for a higher floor and close to transportation. Thanks for posting that link. It was helpful and I'm going to explore that site more now.

I just returned from a week at CSR -- you are going to love this resort! The buses were fine; I never had more than a 10 minute wait. I agree with you though on Bus Stop #2! Even though I was in Cabanas (either #4 or #1 would have worked for me), I always walked to #2! First on, first off. That was for the 4 parks; I didn't go to Disney Springs this trip.

The advantage to online check-in is that your payment information, plus your approximate arrival time are listed so I would encourage you to do online check-in. If you're taking Magical Express, add about an hour to when you land and make that your "arrival time". Request Casitas and another option if you desire (such as high floor; ground floor), but don't check the box that says "room ready" as your priority. Then go ahead and send your fax when it's time. I think you have a very good chance of getting exactly what you want, especially since you're not going at a crazy-busy time!

The coffee makers will make hot water for you - one cup at a time. Just make sure the basket where you would normally put the pod is rinsed out well so there's no possibility of a coffee flavor getting into your hot water. :thumbsup2

Good luck keeping the secret! I know you're over-the-moon excited, but think about the next month: Life will be much easier for you if the secret doesn't get out! You should try to catch the kids' reactions on video if you can! How exciting for your family!
Have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

I just did our final payment for our trip yesterday and the CM I talked to put my credit card on file for me. CSR doesn't have Casitas as an option, but I am going to select high floor and close to transportation. I will also take your advice and NOT select room ready as my priority....because it isn't. I have not problem leaving our carry ons with the resort and taking the bus to Disney Springs (going to DS is my plan for our arrival day anyways).

Thanks for the advice re: the coffee maker.

I think I'll do ok with keeping the secret....I'm just soo excited tho! We went to Alaska 2 summers ago and we kept that trip a secret from the kids also. We didn't tell them they were going on a plan until we got to the airport (we told them we were going to see if we could go for a plane ride) and then we didnt tell them where we were going! They found out we were going to Alaska when we got there at 3 in the morning. We were driving down the highway to where we were staying and my daughter points out the window and says "that mountain looks like Alaska"!! Disney on Ice is actually going to be here the week before we leave for WDW, so I will be able to do some things with characters on them without them thinking we are going to Florida.

Just wanted to share my two cents.
I stayed at this resort with a friend in October 2013 for a week.
We loved it!!
Initially I was pretty worried after reading so many comments about how large the resort is and how much walking is involved to get from place to place, but it was no problem at all!
I did end up taking the bus a few times when I wanted to get from our room to the main entrance or the food court, but we usually walked.
It was pleasant, beautiful and we really enjoyed it.
The pool is awesome! And it's been two years but we had no transportation problems back then. Buses came frequently enough both to and from the parks.
We really wanted a microwave but did not get one so that was frustrating, but all in all, a very positive experience! :-)

Yeah, I saw all of the comments on the size of the resort, but I pulled it up on Google and measured the distance from different places at the resort on the map. The distances are nothing we can't handle. My kids are not strangers to walking, and I'm not planning on eating at Pepper Market or anything, so I'm not really worried about it. I'm not sure how much we'll really be using the pool. I'm not sure on what the temps are like in Florida in the middle of January.

I'm not very confident in our ability to get a microwave, so I'm planning on using the coffee machine to make hot water for our oatmeal. I'm also going to be taking some other breakfast foods that we can eat on the go.

Have a question! We are scheduled to go to CSR June 22-30 2016 (the PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) Foundation Leadership Conference and National Conventions 23rd-26th and family vacation after that)...super excited! It has been a LONG time since we've been to WDW - last time was 2003. Since I am going to be at the conference and convention (DH and DS will be enjoying the parks) I assume the Casitas would be the best choice. Since it it myself, DH and DS 16, I was thinking to request a King room and a roll-away...Will they do that? I have read through most of the thread and didn't see that, but since it IS 210 pages, I certainly could have missed it. Thanks in advance for your help...I'm sure I'll have more questions as we go along!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter