Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd call them right now to request the connection. I'm not familiar with the new online check in, but you may be able to request specific buildings at that time, too.

Building is really just a matter of preference. We like the Cabanas for the theming, but loved our room in the Casitas as well. Not a fan of the theming at the Ranchos, though, and they're farthest away from El Centro. Look at the map and see where you'd want to be.

But in the end, you're still at Coronado, so it's all nice :)
thank you! I will call tomorrow!

I'm still undecided I think I will wait and see which one gets a better fall discount. Leaning toward Coronado now but a bit nervous we might get stuck in Rancheros and I'm not wild about the desert theme. I love Casitas and Cabanas themeing though. :crazy:

So no roll away beds at all at CSR? I was afraid of that. CSR was sounding almost too good to be true. Deluxe amenities at a moderate price with a full size cot instead of a tiny murphy bed. :headache:

Yes, CSR has roll-a-way beds. But you can't book over the phone, only at check in. They are first come, first serve. I've never had a problem though.

I have a question. Maybe you can help? Everyone seems to request a building/section. Is this a must? I have never had to request any building at any other resort. I was always fine where I landed. Now I'm thinking I need to look into a building and request one? We have 2 standard rooms. I would REALLY like them to be connected or at least the same building....so, do I need to call the resort? if so, when? We go in June. Thanks!!

We stayed in Dec./Jan. I had connecting rooms noted on my reservations. When I went to do online check-in for the rooms, you could pick up to 2 choices. One possible choice was connecting, but it was already picked for me. If connecting is important to you, I would have it noted on your reservations and then if you do online check-in, double check to make sure that the option is already chosen. If not, check it off.
We ended up in 2 connecting rooms in Casitas (standard) which worked out perfectly.:-)

We stayed in Dec./Jan. I had connecting rooms noted on my reservations. When I went to do online check-in for the rooms, you could pick up to 2 choices. One possible choice was connecting, but it was already picked for me. If connecting is important to you, I would have it noted on your reservations and then if you do online check-in, double check to make sure that the option is already chosen. If not, check it off.
We ended up in 2 connecting rooms in Casitas (standard) which worked out perfectly.:-)
That is so great! I usually do not do online check in. Does it matter?

Not really. Theoretically, it is faster as they have your folder waiting for you when you arrive and the lines for online check-ins are typically shorter. There's no guarantee, though. But, there's no big reason not to do regular check-in if you'd rather. :-)

As the PP noted, it doesn't really make much difference. For example, I don't do online check in any more. We typically arrive before 8:00 am and the front desk lineup is usually almost nonexistent. Now, if you are arriving in late morning/early afternoon when its busy it may save you a few minutes since they will have your info packet ready for you.

Sooner or later the direct to room program will rollout. Then, if you qualify, you might want to do online check in, if you want to immediately hit the parks without physically checking into the resort first.

2 questions...

1. Can someone please direct me to an explanation of the current Pepper Market set-up/procedure. So many sites are contradictory.

2. Are there changing rooms and showers near the main pool, that we can use before our room is ready, or after check-out? (We arrive early and depart very late... would like to use the pool both those days).

Direct to room has already started at CSR

Yes, there are changing rooms at the main pool but the door opens with your magicband.

I have a question about the CSR restaurants. We will be staying here in October and I have been looking at the different restaurant menus (my 180 day window is coming up next month) and the Maya Grill and Las Ventanas restaurants look interesting, especially the Maya Grill. Has anyone eaten at these restaurants before? If so how did you like it? I am more interested in Maya Grill for dinner but possibly doing Las Ventanas for a breakfast one day. What are your thoughts? Thank you for the help.

I have a question about the CSR restaurants. We will be staying here in October and I have been looking at the different restaurant menus (my 180 day window is coming up next month) and the Maya Grill and Las Ventanas restaurants look interesting, especially the Maya Grill. Has anyone eaten at these restaurants before? If so how did you like it? I am more interested in Maya Grill for dinner but possibly doing Las Ventanas for a breakfast one day. What are your thoughts? Thank you for the help.

We loved Maya Grill. Great service every time, and the food is very good as well. I like the ambiance, too.

We switched to CBR this year after five straight years at CSR (simply to do something different), and I even considered keeping our Maya Grill reservations, just so we could see "home" (Coronado) again :)

I just went to call and realized I don't know where to call for room request! lol! Do I call Disney ressie or Coronado itself?

We loved Maya Grill. Great service every time, and the food is very good as well. I like the ambiance, too.

We switched to CBR this year after five straight years at CSR (simply to do something different), and I even considered keeping our Maya Grill reservations, just so we could see "home" (Coronado) again :)

Thank you, I was just showing DH the menu for Maya Grill and he seems really interested in it too. Can't wait to try both a new resort and a new restaurant this trip :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter