• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI! I will be going to Coranado in May and would like to get my mom a massage at the spa. Does anyone know if they take disney gift cards? And also how long in advance do I need to make reservations? Thanks for any info! Love this thread!

Still wondering about changing rooms by the main pool?? We will be arriving in the morning and assuming a room won't be ready until mid afternoon, we would like to swim and hang by the pool.

Just booked a 12 day stay at CSR. Excited to get back to this resort. They were doing some refurbishing last time there with the outside buildings.

I just wanted to say that I am currently at CSR and had originally requested Casitas and Cabanas, but I ended up getting Ranchos and I am SO GLAD I did! I am in 6A in the 6200 block and it is the absolute perfect location!!!

I was nervous because others mentioned it being in the back and other negative things but it's actually perfect for us. We are literally 3 minutes from the pool and 3 minutes from the bus stop (which has never been full and has picked us up very quickly each day) and 30 seconds from our rental car (behind the building). It may be far to El Centro but we only wanted to go there once so far because the pool has an awesome place to get breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! We got our meals poolside (which even for spring break hasn't been packed at all) , fantastic view, the bar is right here with amazing drinks. There's a playground super close as well. Our room is also very quiet and looks over a side lake. Other than check-in and using Pepper Market once because we just wanted to check it out, we didn't need El Centro at all, especially with express checkout because you don't have to literally check out at the front if you have a credit card on file. We just get to leave and be on our way!

Ranchos was a little different because of the cacti around (but it's still packed with other trees and beautiful plants too). To me, some of the buildings for Casitas is SO FAR from the pool, hot tub, campfire, Etc and same with the Cabana building by el Centro. I would not have liked that at all.

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you get Ranchos (specifically 6A), don't be bummed. I couldn't have picked a better spot!

@ChristaMB - glad you had a great stay and location! I think the best upgrade CSR made has been the added dining near the pool. We stayed in Ranchos years ago and disliked being so far from El Centro...but if we could have eaten and refilled mugs closer to the room, we would have had a different opinion.

I just wanted to say that I am currently at CSR and had originally requested Casitas and Cabanas, but I ended up getting Ranchos and I am SO GLAD I did! I am in 6A in the 6200 block and it is the absolute perfect location!!!

I was nervous because others mentioned it being in the back and other negative things but it's actually perfect for us. We are literally 3 minutes from the pool and 3 minutes from the bus stop (which has never been full and has picked us up very quickly each day) and 30 seconds from our rental car (behind the building). It may be far to El Centro but we only wanted to go there once so far because the pool has an awesome place to get breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! We got our meals poolside (which even for spring break hasn't been packed at all) , fantastic view, the bar is right here with amazing drinks. There's a playground super close as well. Our room is also very quiet and looks over a side lake. Other than check-in and using Pepper Market once because we just wanted to check it out, we didn't need El Centro at all, especially with express checkout because you don't have to literally check out at the front if you have a credit card on file. We just get to leave and be on our way!

Ranchos was a little different because of the cacti around (but it's still packed with other trees and beautiful plants too). To me, some of the buildings for Casitas is SO FAR from the pool, hot tub, campfire, Etc and same with the Cabana building by el Centro. I would not have liked that at all.

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you get Ranchos (specifically 6A), don't be bummed. I couldn't have picked a better spot!
If it wasn't for attending a conference and wanting to be close to meetings, I would request Ranchero. I love the theme and reputation for being quiet!

Ranchos is most beautiful. But if we were to stay there again, I would want to try a different theme. But my husband hated the food so much, I doubt we will make a 2nd trip here.

@ChristaMB - glad you had a great stay and location! I think the best upgrade CSR made has been the added dining near the pool. We stayed in Ranchos years ago and disliked being so far from El Centro...but if we could have eaten and refilled mugs closer to the room, we would have had a different opinion.
Oh yes if the Siestas bar and restaurant wasn't by the pool, then it would have been problematic. I had no idea they didn't used to have everything at the pool! Thank goodness they do now! Plus Ranchos is so quiet and lovely. We would go outside our room to listen to the frogs. We even saw bunnies running around!

Is there a place near the Ranchos where you can refill mugs? I requested another section closer because of thinking we would be going back to El Centro frequently. If that's not the case, I think I would rather switch my request - I like the look of the Ranchos!

Can i book two rooms. One for my hubby and I and two kids. One for my adult (18) sister and her friend? I would want connecting rooms the most, but at 18, they are able to be in their own room right? Trying to avoid the extra adult fee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter