• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed when I put my CSR check-in date (Feb 1st) into the touringplans.com room finder, that Ranchos buildings 7A and 7B are "white" (unavailable) I've read that Ranchos is where they are starting the refurb. I wonder if this is why touring plans has those buildings in white. Would make sense, huh?

I noticed when I put my CSR check-in date (Feb 1st) into the touringplans.com room finder, that Ranchos buildings 7A and 7B are "white" (unavailable) I've read that Ranchos is where they are starting the refurb. I wonder if this is why touring plans has those buildings in white. Would make sense, huh?

It didn't show up white for me once I hit search... it took a few seconds for it to turn from white to reddish

Ok, that's crazy. I love that the washing machines will text you when they're done. I wish mine would do that.

It is so nice to check the website instead of going into the laundry room to check and see how much longer they have left too!

It didn't show up white for me once I hit search... it took a few seconds for it to turn from white to reddish
I had "touring plans picks" checked. When I unchecked that option the ranchos buildings all were pink. I guess touring plans doesn't like those buildings (LOL)
Anyway..... wondering if there is any conceptual art out there on the new rooms for CSR. Curious as to what they will look like.

I have reservations to stay here for 4 nights in July. I was hesitant to keep them, until we stopped by Monday morning, before heading back to St Pete. WOW!! What a beautiful resort! I was very impressed and so glad we are going to be staying there...I was hesitant due to its enormous size, but that being said, it seems very well laid out. Any thoughts from CSR vets??? We are booked for a standard room, and that's ok with me. I don't mind driving to the main building for food or to head over to the pool.

I have reservations to stay here for 4 nights in July. I was hesitant to keep them, until we stopped by Monday morning, before heading back to St Pete. WOW!! What a beautiful resort! I was very impressed and so glad we are going to be staying there...I was hesitant due to its enormous size, but that being said, it seems very well laid out. Any thoughts from CSR vets??? We are booked for a standard room, and that's ok with me. I don't mind driving to the main building for food or to head over to the pool.
We are also doing CSR for the first time (Feb 1-8) and I'm super excited about staying there! Today I watched a very nice "tour" of CSR on youtube. It was done by iThemeParks and it was very well done. Check it out!

What's going on at CSR September 11 - 15, 2017? My Wife and I really wanted to stay there that week but no rooms seem to be available.

What's going on at CSR September 11 - 15, 2017? My Wife and I really wanted to stay there that week but no rooms seem to be available.
If your dates are not concrete, try calling and speaking to a CM that is willing to spend some time looking for you.
When the AP discount for our time period (late jan/early feb '17) was released I was disappointed to find NO AVAILABILITY at CSR for our dates using the website. I booked POP instead but a stay at CSR was niggling in my heart. So on a whim, I picked up the phone and called. Got a very friendly and helpful CM who looked into why no openings at CSR. He said, "the first 2 days of your stay are the problem. CSR is booked for those two days only but the rest of your stay we have open for CSR." So we are doing our first-ever "split-day" -- 2 nights at POP then 7 nights at CSR and I'm over the moon about it!

We will be there Feb 23- March 1, and touring plans shows those two buildings as white then, too. That must be where they are starting.

Anyone familiar with the bus transportation?
We'll be at CSR over Mardi Gras, 10 of us in 3 standard rooms. I'm having a hard time deciding which building to request that is close to the bus stops and the Dig Site (to refill our mugs) and also not too far from El Centro. I've narrowed it down to 6A in Ranchos and 8A in Cabanas. Cabanas seems the best choice, but what are the buses like at that third stop? Would we be likely to all get on the same bus every morning? We'll be doing rope drop.

Last edited:

You will love it! It is not as spread out as you may think. Unless you are in the back of the Ranchos section, you will not be that far from the main building or pool - you should not need to drive anywhere. We like to request Cabanas 8A or 8B, which are close to a bus stop and main pool, and just a short walk across the bridge to the food court, and a beautiful one at that! There are 4 bus stops, one at each of the 3 sections, and one at the front, so you near one wherever you stay. Very quick ride to Epcot and HS, and AK not far either. Check the first few pages of this thread for pics, map, and info that will help orient you.

I promise to read this whole thread but am admitting I don't have time at the moment and have a few questions for you experts.

1. Can you stay at Coronado Springs business class with 3 children? What if one is two years old and can still use a crib?
2. Is there a refurb going on at this resort and does anyone know dates? Is it for the rooms themselves?

Thanks.

2. Is there a refurb going on at this resort and does anyone know dates? Is it for the rooms themselves?

Wondering the same. Entered my dates on the WDW web site to book for late August and got the refurb notice. Also saw that WDW Info posted an article speculating on a possible CSR expansion due to recent plans/permits filed by WDW. There's been rumor of a moderate level DVC add-on for a while, and I think the article was insinuating that this could be it. Anymore insight on what this refurb actually is? Trying to decide if we should consider another resort next summer.

Wondering the same. Entered my dates on the WDW web site to book for late August and got the refurb notice. Also saw that WDW Info posted an article speculating on a possible CSR expansion due to recent plans/permits filed by WDW. There's been rumor of a moderate level DVC add-on for a while, and I think the article was insinuating that this could be it. Anymore insight on what this refurb actually is? Trying to decide if we should consider another resort next summer.

The only thing official are the room refurbs. It's supposed to be starting soon and will last 18 months. Any other projects are just speculation based on a permit filing.

1. Can you stay at Coronado Springs business class with 3 children? What if one is two years old and can still use a crib?

As long as you have the 2 queen room it would likely work the same way as any other room. I have read somewhere that there are fewer 2 queen business class rooms than king so be aware it may not be available.

Just got back from Coronado Springs and WOW!
I have stayed at every Deluxe and DVC resort, PO (both when it was FQ and Dixie Landings) and 2 of the All Stars, and Coronado is definitely one of my favorites of all. This is one beautiful resort to just walk around and hang out at.

We had a great corner room in Casitas building 5 which was close to everything.
Great breakfast at Pepper Market and we absolutely loved the Maya Grill for dinner.

The mugs were handle less.
There was a small walled off section for construction near the dig site pool, but hardly noticeable and not an inconvenience at all.

You will love it! It is not as spread out as you may think. Unless you are in the back of the Ranchos section, you will not be that far from the main building or pool - you should not need to drive anywhere. We like to request Cabanas 8A or 8B, which are close to a bus stop and main pool, and just a short walk across the bridge to the food court, and a beautiful one at that! There are 4 bus stops, one at each of the 3 sections, and one at the front, so you near one wherever you stay. Very quick ride to Epcot and HS, and AK not far either. Check the first few pages of this thread for pics, map, and info that will help orient you.

Thank you soooo much!!!

I have stayed at CSR 2x... 1st time for 10 days, 2nd time for 8 days and both times we were in Standard Rooms in Casitas and then Cabanas. Honestly nothing is that far away from either of those locations at all. CSR is our absolute FAVORITE Disney Resort and we love love love it! You are going to absolutely have a terrific time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter