Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I just booked my first trip to Coronado, and I do have a question. Coffee pots in the room? Do they come with coffee, or would it be smart for two heavy coffee drinkers in the morning to purchase or bring some coffee ground from home? Just curious!

If you drink more coffee than your allocation you can phone house keeping and they will send you plenty more!

Hello all! I just booked my first trip to Coronado, and I do have a question. Coffee pots in the room? Do they come with coffee, or would it be smart for two heavy coffee drinkers in the morning to purchase or bring some coffee ground from home? Just curious!

The coffee pots in the rooms are the type that take the individual pillow type pod. so you'd have to get those if you wanted to bring your own.

Can you boil hot water in the coffee pot, or is it just coffee, my mate loves tea and was thinking of bringing teabags.

Last time we were in the USA, we could use the coffee machine to produce hit water, but now not sure.

Thanks

Can you boil hot water in the coffee pot, or is it just coffee, my mate loves tea and was thinking of bringing teabags.

Last time we were in the USA, we could use the coffee machine to produce hit water, but now not sure.

Thanks

Yeah you can run straight water through them, not sure if it would taste alright though.

Question about online check in- when they text you your room # and that your room is ready, do they let you know what section you're in as well?

Just returned Sunday from a week at Coronado Springs. Loved the resort. It was such a peaceful and beautiful environment. Enjoyed the Dig Site pool. Food from Pepper Market was good and they had gluten free options for my husband. We stayed in Ranchos in room 7742. It was on the 3rd floor, overlooked the quiet pool, and was close to the bus stop. Would definitely consider staying again on a return trip.

Looking forward to another great trip to CSR next month. Quick question...can I purchase a case of water from the gift shop for the week? If so, about how much is it going to set me back?

I need someone to talk me off the ledge. We did not plan on staying at Coronado but circumstances has placed us at this hotel. I have read the absolute worst reviews about this resort. When we booked this trip the travel agent pointed out to my family that we could go to Europe for the same price. My husband fought me on this and now I am afraid that I will be spending a ton of money and my kids and husband are going to be everything from underwhelmed to totally grossed out by this resort. Please someone tell me that this hotel is awesome. I am going in 3 weeks. HELP!

I need someone to talk me off the ledge. We did not plan on staying at Coronado but circumstances has placed us at this hotel. I have read the absolute worst reviews about this resort. When we booked this trip the travel agent pointed out to my family that we could go to Europe for the same price. My husband fought me on this and now I am afraid that I will be spending a ton of money and my kids and husband are going to be everything from underwhelmed to totally grossed out by this resort. Please someone tell me that this hotel is awesome. I am going in 3 weeks. HELP!

I feel the same way about not being excited about csr due to theme and reports of rooms in need of refurb ( which is happening now) We are 9 days out and i have stressed over this since day 1 booking here when it was the only option. Only thing i can tell you is to just not worry about it. It is what it is. There are tons of people on this board that have stayed at tons of resorts and love it so it can't be that gross. And disney really has high standards and i don't think anything is gross there.

Last edited:

I feel the same way. We are 9 days out and i have stressed over this since day 1 booking here when it was the only option. Only thing i can tell you is to just not worry about it. It is what it is. There are tons of people on this board that have stayed at tons of resorts and love it so it can't be that gross. And disney really has high standards and i don't think anything is gross there.

Gross? Please explain. If you feel like you are wasting thousands of dollars, why stay here? There are hundreds of places to stay in Orlando. Vacation isn't supposed to be stressful.

CSR is beautiful all around. Personally, it's my top resort to stay.

I feel the same way. We are 9 days out and i have stressed over this since day 1 booking here when it was the only option. Only thing i can tell you is to just not worry about it. It is what it is. There are tons of people on this board that have stayed at tons of resorts and love it so it can't be that gross. And disney really has high standards and i don't think anything is gross there.

No need to worry - we love this resort, along with many others on this thread! It is beautiful and always seems quiet when you walk around. Great themed pool with the pyramid centerpiece, a very fast slide that my kids enjoy, activities in the afternoon, smore making some nights, and pool bar with food. There is a gym if you are want to work out and a spa if you want to splurge on a massage. We think the beds are very comfortable and queen sized, and doors to close off bathroom area are nice for early risers or privacy. Check out all the hidden Mickey's in the decor! There are hammocks around the lake and lovely landscaping if you want to stop and smell the roses when not in the parks!

Check out the first few pages of this thread for great pics of everything that will hopefully put your mind at ease, and get you familiar with the layout. There is a map as well - if you haven't requested a room, I recommend the Cabanas 8A and 8B for standard room - close to pool and bus stop, and a short walk to front to refill mugs. Casitas area is where the preferred rooms are if you booked those. Ranchos area is furthest back, so you may not want those. There are 4 bus stops, so each area will have one. It is not as spread out as some reviews lead you to believe, and nothing will be a really far walk unless you are in back of Ranchos, so just request something closer, and if given an area you don't want when you check in, nicely remind them of your request, and see if something is available - they have always been very accommodating with us. Everyone is different, and I don't know what you are used to, but for us it is our favorite for the price(love AKL, but it is pricey!) If you have any specific questions, let us know!

Gross? Please explain. If you feel like you are wasting thousands of dollars, why stay here? There are hundreds of places to stay in Orlando. Vacation isn't supposed to be stressful.

CSR is beautiful all around. Personally, it's my top resort to stay.

Let me clarify - I am so excited about this trip. We could afford a moderate but this was the only one with availability. By gross - I have read reviews on Trip Advisor about roaches in a coffee machine, smells of mildew and terrible mold in the bathrooms. They have said that the staff is not very "Disney" in their treatment of guests and that the maid service is sub par. I want the entire Disney experience for my kids which is why I have not looked into other hotels in the area. It is just scary when you work hard and know that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for your kids and then you read these horrible reviews. I have not been there so I am hoping to hear from people who have been and loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter