Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on Buzz's facebook group that the pool areas were open until 10 pm

Anyone know of a convention schedule/list for CSR other than the one that was on Buzz's site. I liked his site. It was really helpful, but now that the schedule is on a closed facebook group, I can't see it. I know. I know. I could join, but facebook and privacy don't really go hand in hand. I really enjoy the Dis and talking to fellow Disney fans on here, but opening up my facebook to total strangers is a whole different ballgame.
My family and I will be staying at CS next February for the first time, and I really need to do a little research.
I tried Buzz's site and my computer told me it was a dangerous site and not to go there. What's the name of his facebook page and can anyone ask to join?

We will be staying at CSR (Business Class) in two weeks. Is there somewhere we can print our boarding passes at the resort? Our airline (Frontier) is NOT one of the airlines we can check in at the resort.

We have a medical disabled room with a water view...
I've requested as far away from construction as possible.....

Any ideas where we may be located?
(Arrive 9th November)

We will be staying at CSR (Business Class) in two weeks. Is there somewhere we can print our boarding passes at the resort? Our airline (Frontier) is NOT one of the airlines we can check in at the resort.

If you bring your information to the concierge desk in the main lobby and they can print the passes for you.

So, I said I would never do this, but my DD (16) and I are coming between Christmas and New Years. She is in a soccer tournament, and since she has to go, I decided to tag along. I have never been at Disney when the crowds were higher than a 5 or 6, so being there during one of the busiest weeks of the year will be an eye opener! I hope it doesn't jade me..... Anyway, was wondering about a room request. I normally love Cabanas, but am worried the buses will be really full, and we will have to wait. Do you think it would be better to request Casitas 4 or 5? Just looking for feedback. Thanks!!

So, I said I would never do this, but my DD (16) and I are coming between Christmas and New Years. She is in a soccer tournament, and since she has to go, I decided to tag along. I have never been at Disney when the crowds were higher than a 5 or 6, so being there during one of the busiest weeks of the year will be an eye opener! I hope it doesn't jade me..... Anyway, was wondering about a room request. I normally love Cabanas, but am worried the buses will be really full, and we will have to wait. Do you think it would be better to request Casitas 4 or 5? Just looking for feedback. Thanks!!
And yes, I do know there are no guarentees on requests

Anyone know if I can get a standard queen/queen room near a junior king suite? don't need to be adjoining, just near it.

Just back from CSR and we had a great trip. This was our first time at the resort and we loved the atmosphere. We requested upon booking that my sister's family and my family would like adjoining rooms and about a week before the trip I faxed in the same request adding that we would like to be near a bus stop. We arrived before check in and my sister's room was ready but ours was not so we just hung out in her room and got all her stuff in her room and they helped us once our room was ready. We ended up in Ranchos 7A right behind the bus stop :-) and got connecting rooms :-). We were very pleased to get our requests. I've heard a lot of people say they didn't care for Ranchos but we loved it. Mousekeeping was good and our room was clean. Now for the not so good stuff...The sliding doors in our room were off track so the privacy we thought we would have to get ready everyday while someone showered wasn't possible. The toilet gave us a little trouble but nothing a little wiggle of the chain couldn't fix. Last but not least the fridge took a day to get cold so we used a lot of ice to keep our meat cold the first day. I know this resort is starting the refurb soon and it is much needed. Even though we had those few issues I would still stay here again after the refurb. We loved it! The Dig Site was awesome and the kids really enjoyed the slide.

Just back from CSR and we had a great trip. This was our first time at the resort and we loved the atmosphere. We requested upon booking that my sister's family and my family would like adjoining rooms and about a week before the trip I faxed in the same request adding that we would like to be near a bus stop. We arrived before check in and my sister's room was ready but ours was not so we just hung out in her room and got all her stuff in her room and they helped us once our room was ready. We ended up in Ranchos 7A right behind the bus stop :-) and got connecting rooms :-). We were very pleased to get our requests. I've heard a lot of people say they didn't care for Ranchos but we loved it. Mousekeeping was good and our room was clean. Now for the not so good stuff...The sliding doors in our room were off track so the privacy we thought we would have to get ready everyday while someone showered wasn't possible. The toilet gave us a little trouble but nothing a little wiggle of the chain couldn't fix. Last but not least the fridge took a day to get cold so we used a lot of ice to keep our meat cold the first day. I know this resort is starting the refurb soon and it is much needed. Even though we had those few issues I would still stay here again after the refurb. We loved it! The Dig Site was awesome and the kids really enjoyed the slide.

Can you share the fax form that you used?

And yes, I do know there are no guarentees on requests
Anyone??? I am an uber planner, and not having an answer to my question (even though I am still over 60 days away) drives me nuts. Any guidance you can give on the buses over the holidays would be greatly appreciated

Anyone have any thoughts? I am an uber planner, and it drives me nuts not to know what to do (even though my reservations are for over 60 days from now). Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

My Mom and I just booked four nights at CSR for my birthday! November 10-14. Here's the thing. After so many years of staying at the value resorts, we've forgotten what it's like at a moderate. What should we expect? (Atmosphere, service, ect.)

My Mom and I just booked four nights at CSR for my birthday! November 10-14. Here's the thing. After so many years of staying at the value resorts, we've forgotten what it's like at a moderate. What should we expect? (Atmosphere, service, ect.)

Sprawling resort. If you like quiet it seems like a quiet resort. A water slide and hot tub at main pool. Less Disney theming but still nice touches. Even if you are not near main building there is enough bus stops near where you are staying to not worry about walking to El Centro. If in Ranchos you can walk to dig site pool for food and drinks. Still Disney so great service. Nice relaxing Spanish theming.

Sprawling resort. If you like quiet it seems like a quiet resort. A water slide and hot tub at main pool. Less Disney theming but still nice touches. Even if you are not near main building there is enough bus stops near where you are staying to not worry about walking to El Centro. If in Ranchos you can walk to dig site pool for food and drinks. Still Disney so great service. Nice relaxing Spanish theming.

I can here the music from the bushes in my head. That is a good thing. lol

Thank you both so much! My mom booked the room while I was at work, so I didn't do my normal amount of research before she got the reservation. It's good to know that she picked a good resort. I'm now even more excited for this birthday trip!

Anyone have any thoughts? I am an uber planner, and it drives me nuts not to know what to do (even though my reservations are for over 60 days from now). Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed at CSR for a long weekend last weekend (thank goodness not this weekend!) and our room was in Casitas 5. I've stayed at CSR several times and that location has grown on me. Probably building 4 is a bit better in terms in being close to the bus stop and the quiet pool but 5 isn't really that much farther. I rent an ECV (both of my knees need replacing due to arthritis although I'm in my early 50's) and I was happy to be near bus stop 2 - which is where the park busses stop first. Great location overall - didn't seem far to the main building, quiet pool, and the best bus stop. I don't think you can go wrong there.

At other resorts with multiple bus stops it seems like sometimes they send extra busses that go just to one stop and leave (if the bus fills up) - not sure if they do that at CSR (in other words if the MK bus fills up at stop 2 the next MK bus might go to stop 3). CSR uses the bus for people to get around the resort though.

As for being at WDW over a really busy time -we usually go around July 4th or Spring Break (near Easter) and the crowds are crazy. Mostly....if this isn't your once in a lifetime trip I suggest planning on getting a lot less done and just enjoy the parks and the atmosphere. We do a lot less riding - mostly with FP - and do low wait rides that aren't as popular - shopping - seeing the decorations (you have to go to the GF) - stuff like that. I hope you enjoy your trip - I'd love to be there that time of year!

I'm in the group. What month are you interested in going? I can check the list for you if you don't wish to join.
I'm new to the CSR and am interested in Buzz's FB group. Could someone tell me how to find it? Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter