• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the review!

Not looking to start another pool hopping debate, but I'm curious to the answer. Wouldn't the pool hopping privileges only apply to other DVC resorts?

I've never been to CSR but I wouldn't switch if I were you. The CBR busses take forever and I heard the CSR ones are the best. There will definitely be pop warner cheerleaders at the moderates as well!
These are the good cheerleaders from the parade filming. They are at CSR every year and are very well behaved.

Thanks for the review!

Not looking to start another pool hopping debate, but I'm curious to the answer. Wouldn't the pool hopping privileges only apply to other DVC resorts?
DVC members can use any resort pool

DVC members can use any resort pool
There are limitations. We can't use Stormalong Bay, the Beach Club Villas quiet pool, the pools at Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas, the Bay Lake Tower pool or the Art & Animation pool. We can also not pool hop when the pools are at capacity.

Posted my question on another thread. Is the Casitas Laundry open? It's in the same place that's closed for refurb at Casitas 4 bldg. Listed as closed are the leisure pool, salon/spa and fitness center. When I check Laundryview .com, the Casitas Laundry Room washers and dryers have "unknown" status. Anyone at CSR now and can post a reply? Thx.

Does anyone have pics of the construction at Casitas 4?

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

I have read conflicting information on this. Is there 24 hour room service and what is available if so?

Cabanas 8A Water View room. Wonderful location! We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the main water way (lake) and the beach. I have a better picture, but it's not uploading for some reason. Someone here was asking for water view rooms. It really was a gorgeous resort; beautiful landscaping and quiet. We stayed there 5 nights in June 2015.

Attachments

• IMG_2954.JPG
    IMG_2954.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 41
Posted my question on another thread. Is the Casitas Laundry open? It's in the same place that's closed for refurb at Casitas 4 bldg. Listed as closed are the leisure pool, salon/spa and fitness center. When I check Laundryview .com, the Casitas Laundry Room washers and dryers have "unknown" status. Anyone at CSR now and can post a reply? Thx.

Does anyone have pics of the construction at Casitas 4?

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 43
i have a couple of pics. It appears that the entire building is closed so I wouldn't hold out for the laundry to be open.
Yeah, looks like the whole bldg is closed off. Well, no biggie to lug stuff to other laundry. Thanks, robinb, for the pics!

Thanks, @monica9

Does anyone have pictures of what the refurbs look like?

Also, a few questions about the resort -
1. Thoughts on requesting ground level rooms?
2. Does every building have an elevator?
3. Can I buy wine at the gift shop?
4. Can someone kindly post pics of Water View rooms? I booked one, knowing full well what it entails...I just don't want a parking lot view.

Thanks!!!
Ha! My specialty. So, for question #3, yes! Avoiding the hassle of flying with booze and not having rented a car last year, I was pleasantly surprised and relieved to find quite the booze selection in the gift shop. This is also the case at most of the other resorts I visited. They have a few selections of wine and also a small assortment of liquor, including my Cap'n Morgan. Of course the prices are high, but that goes without saying. There's actually quite a lot in the gift shop. It's actually more of a gift shop/mini-grocery, or at least convenience store, combined.

We just checked in yesterday for our first stay at CSR. The pool at Casitas is now covered and the building with the salon and gym is closed (DH is disappointed that he cannot use the gym during our stay). We are in a standard room in Rancho 7B (3rd floor as requested) and we love the location. Our view is of the parking lot but 1) I really don't care, 2) we almost don't see the lot because of the trees and plants (from third floor it looks more like a garden view) and 3) we were able to see Illuminations (and hear the music) and the Frozen fireworks from our room window last night. If water view can be pool view, for me it would be a big no way. Last night we went to the 'quiet pool' in the Rancho section and it was super noisy because of a big extended family there. Can't imagine having our room close to the pool. If I had to request a building it would be Cabanas 8A or Rancho 7B for our family because of their locations and because I really don't like the Casitas section look.

In Cafe Rix there's wine and other alcoholic drinks (max 2 per person per transaction according to a sign). I was pleasantly surprised that the espresso drinks and smoothies were considered a snack with the DDP.

I am pleasantly surprised at seeing a lot of wildlife at CSR compared to our previous resort stays at ASMo and AoA. Today only we saw a gecko, a huge grasshopper at the Dig Site, a tiny gator and 3 turtles in the lake. My girls LOVE that.

We just checked in yesterday for our first stay at CSR. The pool at Casitas is now covered and the building with the salon and gym is closed (DH is disappointed that he cannot use the gym during our stay). We are in a standard room in Rancho 7B (3rd floor as requested) and we love the location. Our view is of the parking lot but 1) I really don't care, 2) we almost don't see the lot because of the trees and plants (from third floor it looks more like a garden view) and 3) we were able to see Illuminations (and hear the music) and the Frozen fireworks from our room window last night. If water view can be pool view, for me it would be a big no way. Last night we went to the 'quiet pool' in the Rancho section and it was super noisy because of a big extended family there. Can't imagine having our room close to the pool. If I had to request a building it would be Cabanas 8A or Rancho 7B for our family because of their locations and because I really don't like the Casitas section look.

In Cafe Rix there's wine and other alcoholic drinks (max 2 per person per transaction according to a sign). I was pleasantly surprised that the espresso drinks and smoothies were considered a snack with the DDP.

I am pleasantly surprised at seeing a lot of wildlife at CSR compared to our previous resort stays at ASMo and AoA. Today only we saw a gecko, a huge grasshopper at the Dig Site, a tiny gator and 3 turtles in the lake. My girls LOVE that.
I read two different articles (no link, sorry) that the fitness center was relocating to a temporary place among the Convention Rooms at El Centro (main bldg). Might be worth it to ask the Concierge for info about this.

I read two different articles (no link, sorry) that the fitness center was relocating to a temporary place among the Convention Rooms at El Centro (main bldg). Might be worth it to ask the Concierge for info about this.

THANK YOU!! We will ask the concierge for sure. DH would love to go to the gym while our youngest is napping.

THANK YOU!! We will ask the concierge for sure. DH would love to go to the gym while our youngest is napping.
Make sure to visit the Concierge in person. If you call, it's likely you'll get a Disney phone rep from out-of-town/out-of-state who's never even been to WDW.

Has any one rented the paddle boats or surrey bikes? Do you recall the cost, and how long you get them for?
I'm assuming paddle boats are for 2 people, but are there bikes for 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter