• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here now and the bus system works great. However, getting to the poly for breakfast yesterday was a nightmare without the monorail being open. I'll post a post trip review when we get home. And yes the bus system from boardwalk is tragic at best. We ate there last night and it took us 28 minutes to get a bus to dtd not including the 2 stops after we were picked up. You'll love csr. We do have 1 complaint but overall it is a great place to stay other than the tour groups and travel teams here right now.

sorry if this was already asked by someone else - do all the rooms have a mini fridge? or do you have to specially request one?

We are going in mid to late September... do y'all think any of the room refurbs will be done? Also, which is the best building, in your opinion?

Also, when do we call in and give our room requests, etc? I can't remember how far in advance we did that last time.

We are going in mid to late September... do y'all think any of the room refurbs will be done? Also, which is the best building, in your opinion?

Also, when do we call in and give our room requests, etc? I can't remember how far in advance we did that last time.

It's possible they could have one building done, but I wouldn't count on it.

If they are starting with Casitas 4, then i would request Cabanas. You will be happy with any of the Cabanas buildings.

Hi all,

I'm new to the Coronado board. I'm reading things about construction and room refurbs. Can someone please give me a quick rundown?

We are going late October, and wondering what we'll be in for.

Thanks!

Thanks, @monica9

Does anyone have pictures of what the refurbs look like?

Also, a few questions about the resort -
1. Thoughts on requesting ground level rooms?
2. Does every building have an elevator?
3. Can I buy wine at the gift shop?
4. Can someone kindly post pics of Water View rooms? I booked one, knowing full well what it entails...I just don't want a parking lot view.

Thanks!!!

Thanks, @monica9

4. Can someone kindly post pics of Water View rooms?

Interested in answers to the above - also booked in water view rooms and would love ground floor.
Not sure about wine, but my DH gets his Crown Royal at the moderate gift shops always but CSR is new to us.
Pretty sure all buildings except one section of one in the casitas has an elevator.

Hopefully others can clarify!

I just saw that there is a huge college cheerleading "convention" here during our dates. We are currently booked at POP but wanted to change to a moderate which led us to a King Preferred here. I am thinking maybe we will switch to CBR instead.

Does the NCA and NDA Christmas Extravaganza make CSR super annoying?

Thanks, @monica9

3. Can I buy wine at the gift shop?
4. Can someone kindly post pics of Water View rooms? I booked one, knowing full well what it entails...I just don't want a parking lot view.

Thanks!!!

1. My wife prefers top floor so there's no one above us. I personally love being able to open the room door and be right in the middle of the beautiful scenery.

2. Every building except the top floor of Casitas 2 is accessible by elevator. You won't be in that building with your room category.

3. Yes :)

4. I'll leave that to someone else, I haven't gotten into the picture posting thing. ;)

I just saw that there is a huge college cheerleading "convention" here during our dates. We are currently booked at POP but wanted to change to a moderate which led us to a King Preferred here. I am thinking maybe we will switch to CBR instead.

Our last two trips to CSR there have been cheerleaders and basketball teams there for part of our trip. I didn't find them disruptive at all. They did take over the Digsite one evening. Nothing wrong with their behavior, the pool and volleyball pit was just full of them. During the day they weren't around much. We were in Business Class both those trips, which ment the teams rooms were on the opposite side of the resort so I can't comment on what it was like to be in a closer room.

I've never been to CSR but I wouldn't switch if I were you. The CBR busses take forever and I heard the CSR ones are the best. There will definitely be pop warner cheerleaders at the moderates as well!

I've never been to CSR but I wouldn't switch if I were you. The CBR busses take forever and I heard the CSR ones are the best. There will definitely be pop warner cheerleaders at the moderates as well!

Pop Warner isn't until the following week. I am leaving December 6 and that's when Pop Warner starts.

Our last two trips to CSR there have been cheerleaders and basketball teams there for part of our trip. I didn't find them disruptive at all. They did take over the Digsite one evening. Nothing wrong with their behavior, the pool and volleyball pit was just full of them. During the day they weren't around much. We were in Business Class both those trips, which ment the teams rooms were on the opposite side of the resort so I can't comment on what it was like to be in a closer room.

Thanks. My husband isn't too keen on hundreds of college aged cheerleaders/dancers running around. Even if they are okay behavior wise, I'm worried about mobs at the food court and bus lines. Their "Christmas Extravaganza" thing is December 3-7 and our dates are December 2-6, so we fall right in there.

Thanks. My husband isn't too keen on hundreds of college aged cheerleaders/dancers running around. Even if they are okay behavior wise, I'm worried about mobs at the food court and bus lines. Their "Christmas Extravaganza" thing is December 3-7 and our dates are December 2-6, so we fall right in there.

Our stays were 12 nights Dec. 2013 and 16 nights Dec. 2014, so having them around for a couple days was no big deal. Might be bigger deal because they are there your entire stay.

We just finished a 5-night star at CSR that we booked through a travel agency for only $119 per night. We had a nice room that was in Cabanas 8B on the ground floor close to the parking lot and the ice machine but on a quiet walkway with a nice courtyard view. The room was very comfortable and I really liked the sliding wood doors instead of curtains between the room and the sink area. We enjoyed the main pool once and the Pepper Market once. I liked the set up of the Pepper Market better when we were there 9 years ago because it looked like a *market* and now it looks like a food court. We split a late night burger which was very good. I went in for a pizza as I remembered them to be quite good and cooked in a special wood burning oven. Now they look like the flat bread pizzas from Pinocchio's in the MK. Blech. Otherwise the only common area we used was the quick service bakery for drink refills and to use the microwave for our bagels.

I did a "walk about" the resort on our last day and I really liked the Casitas section, but the Ranchos is still not doing it for me. I noticed that the pool near the spa had lane markings. We are DVC members and our next trip will be on DVC points and we will be sure to come back and use that pool as we are "legally" allowed to pool hop while staying on points. My DD is a competitive swimmer and needs a place to practice while we are on vacation and that looks like it will fit the bill :). Does anyone know how long the pool is? It looks like it might be 25 yards but it was blocked off for construction.

Lastly, I was able to meet what I assumed was the resort's bed bug sniffing dog. About an hour before check out there was a knock on the door and a man with a beagle on a harness was there. He said that he was sorry but he thought we had checked out early. I can't imagine any other reason why a man with a dog would want to come into our room except to inspect for bed bugs. Just to make it clear, we had NO problems with bug bites or anything of the sort. Perhaps they bring dogs in to spot check to be on the safe side. In any case, the dog was super cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter