Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited to be returning to our favorite moderate resort in November!!! We booked business class with FD! Will be traveling with an infant so given the close proximity that the BC rooms offered in Cabanas 9B it was a no brainier for us to book it! Can't wait!

Just returned from our first CSR stay. It'll probably be our last...the grounds are lovely, it just wasn't our cup of tea. Business class lounge was fine, probably a better bargain if you drink. I was super disappointed in the lack of upkeep on the quiet pools, though. The Cabanas pool was too dirty for swimming during the last three days of our stay. We kept checking every morning expecting it to have been cleaned, only to find it hadn't. This was our first time encountering this problem ever at a Disney resort, so it really stuck out. The main pool though was very well tended to, at least.
We were there last week, too, and found the exact issue at he quiet pool in the ranchos section. The entire week the pool was filthy. In 12 on site trips, I've never experienced this.

We were there last week, too, and found the exact issue at he quiet pool in the ranchos section. The entire week the pool was filthy. In 12 on site trips, I've never experienced this.

What a bummer! Thanks for sharing your experience though, especially as a former guest who never encountered this problem. I was starting to feel like we imagined it all. I did write an email to WDW guest relations just asking them to ensure maintenance crew check in on the quiet pools every now and then. We had approached a CM while there about it and they said it would get taken care of, but by the time we checked out the next day it still hadn't been.

I have a preferred king room booked. Are these just in the casitas? I checked touring plans and it was only showing building 3. Are there none in the cabanas?

Did anyone stay Tues April 21-Tuesday April 28? I am curious to know if the place was mobbed with cheer and dance teams and if they overtook buses, pool and quick service? We'd like to try here the same week next year but do not want to be among herds of teen groups.

Did anyone stay Tues April 21-Tuesday April 28? I am curious to know if the place was mobbed with cheer and dance teams and if they overtook buses, pool and quick service? We'd like to try here the same week next year but do not want to be among herds of teen groups.

I was there until Saturday 4/25, and I didn't notice any groups. We took the buses every day around rope drop, and returned mid-afternoon to enjoy the pools. Maybe they slept in, and stay out longer.... but I didn't notice them.

We were at CSR during the cheerleading competition two years ago, and I honestly cannot recall seeing many cheerleaders at CSR at all. I vaguely remember seeing about 8-10 cheerleaders at the pool one night.

Most were at All Star Sports, I believe.

Just checked my email from last week, and it showed:

Your Disney Resort hotel: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Your Resort area: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Resort Area
Your room number: 9600
Your room location: 2nd FloorCabanasBuilding 9B

As for laundry, all of that information is posted in the laundry room.
When did they provide you with the room number?

Time of day?
We have three rooms and will be getting there around 11:30
Would reallllly like two connecting, not sure if I should do online check in or not

10:19 am. On my online check-in, I had requested my room being ready as my #1 priority, and I had estimated our arrival as 11 am.

I have a preferred king room booked. Are these just in the casitas? I checked touring plans and it was only showing building 3. Are there none in the cabanas?

When I look at Touring Plans room finder - because I have a preferred king room booked myself - it shows that they are all in casitas 1, 2, and 3. That jibes with what the FAQ in the beginning of this thread says too.

Can any CSR experts explain to me why a standard king room costs more than a preferred king room on weekdays in October? (Possibly other times too, but I am only looking at that time frame). I nearly switched today when standard king popped up until I noticed the price discrepancy. Thanks!

Touring plans is showing Casitas 4 pool view floor 4 as standard while most other floors that face pool are "water view". Anyone know if this is correct?

Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on whether your requests are granted or not. So check away if you want. :thumbsup2
I understand that but if I am going to the front desk to try and change rooms, I can just check in at the same time.
And I would rather wait to get connecting rooms vs have them rush a room for me because they know the time of day I am getting there.

Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on whether your requests are granted or not. So check away if you want. :thumbsup2
I usually get the room that I request every time, if not one room away but have never done online check in. Maybe its better to go to the front desk.

I understand that but if I am going to the front desk to try and change rooms, I can just check in at the same time.
And I would rather wait to get connecting rooms vs have them rush a room for me because they know the time of day I am getting there.

All rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to arrival whether you do online check in or not. So no rushing involved. And you can select that you prefer your requests get met over room being ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter