Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone there now or soon that can report back on the updates at Contempo Cafe? Someone earlier had mentioned that they changed the ordering process.

Anyone there now or soon that can report back on the updates at Contempo Cafe? Someone earlier had mentioned that they changed the ordering process.
We were just there 5 days ago. They handed us a menu as soon as we entered the restaurant. When we were ready to order, we were told to go to the cashier. The cashier then gave us a pager. When the pager went off, we went up to the window to get our food. Quick and easy! The lobster roll was excellent! :)

We were just there 5 days ago. They handed us a menu as soon as we entered the restaurant. When we were ready to order, we were told to go to the cashier. The cashier then gave us a pager. When the pager went off, we went up to the window to get our food. Quick and easy! The lobster roll was excellent! :)

Thanks! I'm hoping to take advantage of this while we're there.

So glad to find another KOOK-hosted thread! I learned SO much about the BoardWalk last year from your BoardWalk thread. We are planning our trip for Spring 2016 and are looking at the Contemporary this time for it's great location. One thing we loved about BoardWalk was sitting on our balcony and watching IllumiNations (thanks to a lot of information I got from KOOK's BoardWalk thread!). We are looking at garden wing-garden view....I know we wont get a balcony in the Garden Wing (except for a patio on the first floor)..but is there a chance of seeing something from the room? A part of Wishes? Electrical Water Pageant? We have young kids so will be back in our rooms most nights...plus the grandparents may be in the room with the kids at night, but still want to feel "involved".

And if you don't get a room on the first floor with a patio, did I read correctly that on the 2nd and 3rd floor you can open the sliding glass door? I sort of need that fresh air at times.

So happy. Our flight leaves in 36 hours for our one night at BLT with a theme park view.

:banana::banana:

So glad to find another KOOK-hosted thread! I learned SO much about the BoardWalk last year from your BoardWalk thread. We are planning our trip for Spring 2016 and are looking at the Contemporary this time for it's great location. One thing we loved about BoardWalk was sitting on our balcony and watching IllumiNations (thanks to a lot of information I got from KOOK's BoardWalk thread!). We are looking at garden wing-garden view....I know we wont get a balcony in the Garden Wing (except for a patio on the first floor)..but is there a chance of seeing something from the room? A part of Wishes? Electrical Water Pageant? We have young kids so will be back in our rooms most nights...plus the grandparents may be in the room with the kids at night, but still want to feel "involved".

And if you don't get a room on the first floor with a patio, did I read correctly that on the 2nd and 3rd floor you can open the sliding glass door? I sort of need that fresh air at times.

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say I agree about KOOK....she does a great job of running this thread (as well as others) :goodvibes.

In the twisted logic I use only in planning Disney vacations, we added a day to the beginning of our stay. Southwest was having a fare sale. Was planning to drive but we got $99 each way, but only if we fly down January 6. It had to be done, right?

Like dansdad posted, of course it had to be done! No way around it ;).

Of course! Disney math/logic is the best and only truly understood by a select few!

:thumbsup2

Hi there,

This is our 1st stay at CR, very excited! Our flights is supposed to arrive at 10:05a.m.
Only reservation I could snag for Chef Mickey is 11:45a.m. Do you all think we are not going to make it?
I'll keep trying for later time, but if that fails I don't know if I should cancel the reservation. I assume we won't have any grace period for the ADR, correct?

Thanks!

Probably moves people quicker. I found the digital ordering at your own pace is certainly slower than someone who keys the items in all day.

Hi there,

This is our 1st stay at CR, very excited! Our flights is supposed to arrive at 10:05a.m.
Only reservation I could snag for Chef Mickey is 11:45a.m. Do you all think we are not going to make it?
I'll keep trying for later time, but if that fails I don't know if I should cancel the reservation. I assume we won't have any grace period for the ADR, correct?

Thanks!

Congratulations. You did not mention HOW you plan on getting to the resort.
You will likely not want to Disney's Magical Express bus.
You will need to either have a rental or take a taxi.

It also depends on if you need to wait for luggage. If you are waiting for the carousel to spit out your bags, take 30 minutes for that. You will be rushed, just hope there aren't any accidents or crummy slow traffic.

Hi there,

Thanks!

I would cancel and keep looking for a later time, but that's just me. If you aren't landing until 10:05, that only leaves about an hour and 40 minutes to get off the plane, get your luggage, etc., and that's with no delays with your flight. I don't know for sure, but there might be a 10-15 minute leeway as far as the ADR, but I imagine it wouldn't be more than that without them considering you a no show and charge you.

Hi I arrive in 12 days and wish to make room request. Does anyone know number from uk to call? Also where I find the site with all the room numbers etc. On to help make request. Just another thing when do I call? Now or week before? Thank you ♥️

In the twisted logic I use only in planning Disney vacations, we added a day to the beginning of our stay. Southwest was having a fare sale. Was planning to drive but we got $99 each way, but only if we fly down January 6. It had to be done, right?
I nearly added two extra days b/c of a $99 fare - and we would only get a fare credit of about $30! Ah the virtues of Disney math ....

I am very excited for our trip in January to celebrate my birthday and to be staying at BLT for the first time. My sons and their partners will be joining us and we are staying in a 2 bedroom lake view villa, booked via Disney. I would really appreciate some advice please as we have never stayed in a villa before.

I plan on placing an order with Garden Grocer and not sure what is supplied and what kind of things to order. Do I need to order dishwashing tablets or liquid? Laundry powder....top loading or front loading? Bath soap and shampoo? Coffee for the coffee maker....what kind? Sugar? Will I be able to order alcohol? We are all over 21. Anything else, other than what we plan to eat for breakfast/snacks that I may not have thought of?

Also, we arrive on a Sunday morning. I think I read somewhere that BLT do not accept deliveries on a Sunday. Should I ask for the delivery to be on Saturday? Can I ask at the desk when we check in for our groceries (and suitcases) to be put in our room when the room is ready whilst we will be in the parks?

I understand we will have daily housekeeping. Do we wash our own plates and dishes, or does housekeeping take care of that too?

Lastly, do we check in and pick up or magic bands from BLT or Contemporary? As we are coming from Australia we will not get our magic bands until we check in.

Thank you in advance.

I am very excited for our trip in January to celebrate my birthday and to be staying at BLT for the first time. My sons and their partners will be joining us and we are staying in a 2 bedroom lake view villa, booked via Disney. I would really appreciate some advice please as we have never stayed in a villa before.

I plan on placing an order with Garden Grocer and not sure what is supplied and what kind of things to order. Do I need to order dishwashing tablets or liquid? Laundry powder....top loading or front loading? Bath soap and shampoo? Coffee for the coffee maker....what kind? Sugar? Will I be able to order alcohol? We are all over 21. Anything else, other than what we plan to eat for breakfast/snacks that I may not have thought of?

Also, we arrive on a Sunday morning. I think I read somewhere that BLT do not accept deliveries on a Sunday. Should I ask for the delivery to be on Saturday? Can I ask at the desk when we check in for our groceries (and suitcases) to be put in our room when the room is ready whilst we will be in the parks?

I understand we will have daily housekeeping. Do we wash our own plates and dishes, or does housekeeping take care of that too?

Lastly, do we check in and pick up or magic bands from BLT or Contemporary? As we are coming from Australia we will not get our magic bands until we check in.

Thank you in advance.
Garden Grocer will bring your order to Bell Svs. Quite possibly before you arrive. Not sure about no Sunday delivery? Bell Svs brings the deliveries typically unless you are there at the time of delivery. GG delivers all over Disney property in "batches".
Alcohol - yes you can order from GG. They will ask for a license or ID to be faxed prior to order delivery.

Soaps etc. - if you are a non DVC guest, they will provide you with soap, detergents, etc. I recommend bringing your own laundry pods though. I do not like the powder.

Coffee - yes coffee is supplied along with sugar & cream (powder) packets. I don't love it.

Check the links for updated pics and list of all the villas supplies.

Mouse keeping will do dishes & straighten the room daily. Make sure they know you are a cash guest, not DVC.

Last edited:
Hi I arrive in 12 days and wish to make room request. Does anyone know number from uk to call? Also where I find the site with all the room numbers etc. On to help make request. Just another thing when do I call? Now or week before? Thank you ♥️

I can't help with a phone number or requests, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We're 2 weeks behind you! We arrive in 27 days!

Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

I nearly added two extra days b/c of a $99 fare - and we would only get a fare credit of about $30! Ah the virtues of Disney math ....

Disney math will get you every time ::yes:: :laughing:

Sitting at Newark airport waiting for them to board. Will be at resort by 1 pm. So excited. Will be watching Hallowishes tonight from our balcony at BLT

Have a great time! :yay:

Officially booked today for next October!!!

Please add us to the logorail: 10/14-10/17/16 CR GW

:flower1:

:cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you in advance.

The pp answered your questions, but I wanted to say good luck with your planning and I hope everyone has a great trip and enjoys BLT :).

I already posted about this last month, but when we ate there in the end of August, they had just removed the kiosks. The check-out lines in the evening were enormous. For a while, until I spoke with a manager, there was only one cashier and about a dozen people in line. Each transaction took much longer without the kiosks because instead of just paying, people were trying to figure out their orders, place them and pay.

The kiosks worked much better and made the ordering process more efficient. We wondered why they couldn't have left the kiosks and implemented a MB/KTTW card payment system so you could potentially avoid waiting in line for a cashier. Self check-outs at grocery stores work well, but removing the kiosks, at least when we were there, made the process much longer and more frustrating. Someone who just wanted to buy a milk, for example, was made to wait in a long line while many guests spent 5 minutes+ ordering and paying. They really need to have an express line or more cashiers or a more streamlined/automated system.

Welcome to Bay Lake! Yes, you can open the sliding glass doors on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the GW. The GV/GW rooms that directly front Bay Lake can have a partial view of the EWP. The GV/GW rooms that directly front the canal have a view of the boats going back and forth to the MK.

Twisted logic?! Not at all, that makes sense to all of us;)

Room location requests can be made up to about 5 days prior to arrival. The best way to make a request is to have it added to your reservation. Your TA or whomever you used to book, can add your requests to your reservation or you can call the Disney Resort Reservation UK number:

0800 16 90 730 (UK)

Officially booked today for next October!!!

Please add us to the logorail: 10/14-10/17/16 CR GW

:flower1:

Congratulations! I'll add your dates:)

had an awesome room at BLT. We are DVC and got a 2 BR room for the two of us. Overkill but it was available. We had room 7922. Amazing view of MK and loves Hallowishes from our balcony. BTW 7922 is a dedicated 2 BR. No bus issues back and forth to Disney Springs. Less than five minute wait there and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter