Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hello Kook, (or anyone?)

I am confused. Is the Tower club on the 12th or the 14th floor? Which is the Atrium Club? I booked Atrium Club thinking that it was the 14th floor. have I made a mistake?

Also, I thought you could book either queen or King rooms, but it looks like you book TPV or standard rooms?

Yikes!! I need to get this fixed, if I have it done wrong.

Please help!

Hello Kook, (or anyone?)

I am confused. Is the Tower club on the 12th or the 14th floor? Which is the Atrium Club? I booked Atrium Club thinking that it was the 14th floor. have I made a mistake?

Also, I thought you could book either queen or King rooms, but it looks like you book TPV or standard rooms?

Please help!

From the Club Level post, post #7, of this thread.

Tower Club = 14th Floor = Access to both Tower Club Lounge and Atrium Club Lounge
Atrium Club = 12th Floor = Access to the Atrium Club Lounge

The Tower Club has a total of sixteen rooms: Five Standard rooms (two King and three Queen) and eleven suites comprised of One and Two Bedroom Suites, a Vice Presidential Suite and a Presidential Suite. When booking a Tower Club Queen room, the confirmation will read: Standard Club Level - Queen ("CY"), There is no guarantee of a Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View with a Queen booking, however, both King rooms face the MK. When booking a suite, you will be assigned either a Bay Lake or Magic Kingdom View. For Queen and Suites, you can request a view, though it can't be guaranteed.

~The lounge on the 12th floor (Atrium Club) is bigger and has more seating then the 14th floor Tower Club. Three Standard rooms were used to build the 12th floor lounge. There are three balconies on the MK side for Club Level guests to watch the fireworks.

~The 14th floor room and lounge balconies are bigger than the 12th floor balconies.

~Both floors serve the exact same food for breakfast, afternoon snacks, 5 PM hors d'oeuvres and 8 PM deserts & cordials. The 12th floor Atrium Club rooms are marginally less expensive than the 14th floor Tower Club rooms.

Tower Club = 14th Floor = Access to both Tower Club Lounge and Atrium Club Lounge

The Tower Club has a total of sixteen rooms: Five Standard rooms (two King and three Queen) and eleven suites comprised of One and Two Bedroom Suites, a Vice Presidential Suite and a Presidential Suite. When booking a Tower Club Queen room, the confirmation will read: Standard Club Level - Queen ("CY"), There is no guarantee of a Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View with a Queen booking, however, both King rooms face the MK. When booking a suite, you will be assigned either a Bay Lake or Magic Kingdom View. For Queen and Suites, you can request a view, though it can't be guaranteed.

~The lounge on the 12th floor (Atrium Club) is bigger and has more seating then the 14th floor Tower Club. Three Standard rooms were used to build the 12th floor lounge. There are three balconies on the MK side for Club Level guests to watch the fireworks.

~The 14th floor room and lounge balconies are bigger than the 12th floor balconies.

~Both floors serve the exact same food for breakfast, afternoon snacks, 5 PM hors d'oeuvres and 8 PM deserts & cordials. The 12th floor Atrium Club rooms are marginally less expensive than the 14th floor Tower Club rooms.

Thanks, Dansdad! Looks like another call to CRO! I specified the 14th floor club Level, but I am booked in the Atrium CL! Oh, well, hopefully it will still be available when I call back!

Wish me luck!

Thanks, Dansdad! Looks like another call to CRO! I specified the 14th floor club Level, but I am booked in the Atrium CL! Oh, well, hopefully it will still be available when I call back!

Wish me luck!

You're welcome. And good luck!! :thumbsup2

Sorry, I'm full of questions. Does anyone know if you can put rails on the daybeds in the rooms? Trying to figure out if we have to lug our son's portable bed with us. He's almost 2 1/2, but still doing well in his crib *knocks wood* so I don't think he can handle a queen size bed.

We've never used bed rails, but I'm pretty sure they can be used on the daybeds as I think I've seen pics of them on a daybed at other resorts. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer for sure :).

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Kook and everyone on this board for all the info and answers found here. It really helped our stay in the Garden Wing to be even more magical. We absolutely loved the Contemporary, and now the kids don't want to stay anywhere else. Ever. :lovestruc
Thanks!! I'll be reading up as we start saving our pennies for the next trip!!

Glad you had a great time at the CR! I agree about this thread being very informative as it has a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable posters :goodvibes.

Have fun planning for your next trip :wizard:.

Wish me luck!

Hope everything worked out and you were able to change to Tower Club :).

Hope everything worked out and you were able to change to Tower Club :).

Thank you!

Yes, we did get it fixed up!!! Yay! This will be new for us and I am truly excited to try the 14th floor CL! We loved the 12th floor, but it will be nice to experience both. I love big balconies, so the idea of a large balcony with the CR MK view has me dazzled!

I am a little sad to leave the Poly, but I really don't like construction and was concerned that we might not get a balcony room. Plus the CR was a little bit lower priced.
As soon as the construction is finished at the Poly, though, we will be booking a room that will NOT be cancelled!!! I am looking forward to that day because, as you know, the Poly has special memories for us. It truly is a special place, which is why it is so well loved!

I understand that you are planning a trip next year, as well. Do I remember correctly that you are considering a CR stay?

We've never used bed rails, but I'm pretty sure they can be used on the daybeds as I think I've seen pics of them on a daybed at other resorts. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer for sure :).

I just found this answer on the Moms Panel section. Hopefully it's true.

"The Contemporary Resort is a fantastic choice for your stay. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are very nice. The daybed inside the rooms do not have a trundle bed attached to them, but you are able to attach a guard rail to the bed. The resort does have some rails for use at no extra charge, but it is possible that there may not be any available when you arrive. I would suggest contacting Contemporary resort directly at 407-824-1000, prior to your arrival to check on the availability of the guardrails. Hope you have a magical time and be sure to get your dining reservations for the very popular Chef Mickeys located right in your resort."

That's disappointing. We had planned to purchase one in November, but now I'm not sure if it's worth it for us. I'm a little frustrated they've just handed a big bill essentially to the people who go most - FL residents and AP holders. At least my AP's are paid for so I don't have to see any increased cost on those!

i agree that it's a big jump in price, but i guess it comes down to how you plan to use the card. i bought it to use before the price increase & kept track of how much we saved over our 12 day trip. we definitely got our money's worth because we chose to eat at restaurants that accepted the TIW discount. i'm still gathering info while looking thru our receipts, but i know we got back our $100 investment by day 2 with 4 adults using the card. i'm sure if we paid the $150, we would've made it back by day 3 & continued to save thru our whole trip.

my next trip will be in '17 with only 2 adults & 2 kids with picky eating habits, so i don't think the TIW will do any good for us for that trip. sorry to get off the thread topic.

i LOVED BLT btw!!! i can't imagine staying anywhere else. we had dinner at other resorts & while there i analyzed if i would like to try staying elsewhere, but BLT really had the best transportation options & the ease of just walking to MK was awesome. esp considering that they tend to stay open pretty late more often than the other parks so just being able to walk back instead of waiting for a bus/boat/monorail is GREAT! Uh oh, maybe i'm tooting this horn too much & it will fill up the reservations too quickly! ack! :flower:

First time stay coming up in an atrium club level room. Does anyone have a menu of the appetizers? Do they serve oatmeal in the morning?

Thank you!

Yes, we did get it fixed up!!! Yay! This will be new for us and I am truly excited to try the 14th floor CL! We loved the 12th floor, but it will be nice to experience both. I love big balconies, so the idea of a large balcony with the CR MK view has me dazzled!

I am a little sad to leave the Poly, but I really don't like construction and was concerned that we might not get a balcony room. Plus the CR was a little bit lower priced.
As soon as the construction is finished at the Poly, though, we will be booking a room that will NOT be cancelled!!! I am looking forward to that day because, as you know, the Poly has special memories for us. It truly is a special place, which is why it is so well loved!

I understand that you are planning a trip next year, as well. Do I remember correctly that you are considering a CR stay?

Glad it worked out and you were able to book the 14th floor :goodvibes.

I understand about the Poly and construction. The Poly is a beautiful resort with a lot to offer, but construction can take away the appeal. With that said, I'm sure you'll have a magical trip at CR Tower Club :wizard:.

We are planning to go back next summer. The Poly is definite as we want to try CL, but we are considering a couple of nights at the CR to try it out :goodvibes.

I just found this answer on the Moms Panel section. Hopefully it's true.

"The Contemporary Resort is a fantastic choice for your stay. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are very nice. The daybed inside the rooms do not have a trundle bed attached to them, but you are able to attach a guard rail to the bed. The resort does have some rails for use at no extra charge, but it is possible that there may not be any available when you arrive. I would suggest contacting Contemporary resort directly at 407-824-1000, prior to your arrival to check on the availability of the guardrails. Hope you have a magical time and be sure to get your dining reservations for the very popular Chef Mickeys located right in your resort."

Sounds like bed rails are available for the daybed :thumbsup2.

Glad it worked out and you were able to book the 14th floor :goodvibes.

I understand about the Poly and construction. The Poly is a beautiful resort with a lot to offer, but construction can take away the appeal. With that said, I'm sure you'll have a magical trip at CR Tower Club :wizard:.

We are planning to go back next summer. The Poly is definite as we want to try CL, but we are considering a couple of nights at the CR to try it out :goodvibes.

That sounds like you may have perfect timing for the Poly! Even the quiet pool should be finished by then. CL is a really nice treat - I just know that your stay will be perfect! The newly finished resort will be such fun to experience!

It will probably Nov 2016 before we get to stay at the Poly again. :( We are fans of the CL also, so will almost certainly go with that. :D

I really hope that you enjoy the CR, if you decide to give it a try. CL with a TPV would be the awesome!pixiedust:

That sounds like you may have perfect timing for the Poly! Even the quiet pool should be finished by then. CL is a really nice treat - I just know that your stay will be perfect! The newly finished resort will be such fun to experience!

It will probably Nov 2016 before we get to stay at the Poly again. :( We are fans of the CL also, so will almost certainly go with that. :D

I really hope that you enjoy the CR, if you decide to give it a try. CL with a TPV would be the awesome!pixiedust:

I hope so! I was thinking the quiet pool might be delayed and not open in early spring due to construction starting later than expected, but hoping it will be finished by mid-August. I can't wait to get back to the Poly and try CL, as well as see all of the changes :goodvibes.

November 2016 seems far away, but it will be here before you know it! You are going to have a great time at the CR. Looking forward to hearing all about it ::yes::.

Thanks, I think we'll enjoy the CR. CL is definitely a possibility as that's one club I'd like to try...and CL TPV is my first choice ;).

Hi all. I'm wondering if any one knows about how long it takes the DME to get tongue hotel from the airport. Trying to plan ADR.

Hi all. I'm wondering if any one knows about how long it takes the DME to get tongue hotel from the airport. Trying to plan ADR.
I always allot 2 hours, and it has taken us that long before. Average is probably 90 minutes. Just depends how long you have to wait for the bus up fill up and what stop you are. Both of our stays at CR we were the last stop.

I was just there two weeks ago on the 14th floor. You can only use the lounge on 14th floor. Only. I asked several cast members and was told only the lounge on the 14th floor. The lounge on the 14th floor is actually nicer than 12th floor...less people and quiet. Lol. My views only.

We arrived home from our stay at the Contemporary Resort on August 1st.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience...quite a huge step up from All Star Music...but not all was ideal.

Pros:

We had no issues with the elevators at all. We were able to get to the food, shops, monorail, or pool quickly and easily via the elevator. It was wonderful to stay in the tower and to not have to walk far to get where we wanted to be.

California Grill: The food was delicious. DD and I shared the Oak fired beef and DH had the Bison. Hands down, watching the fireworks from CG's balcony was worth every penny we spent to eat there. We got to see Hollywood's fireworks right before MK's started! Even though the waitstaff was snooty and rude, I would still eat there in order to view the fireworks from the balcony.

Our room was on the 11th floor, and we were not bothered by any noise. The Bay Lake view was breathtaking. We really enjoyed the Electrical Water Pageant...charming.

The room was spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable...(this statement comes from someone who sleeps on a tempurpedic every night at home.)

The Contempo Café offered many excellent menu choices, and we had no problem finding a seat.

Cons:

The monorail was a sh*t show. It was down the day we had an ADR at Cinderella's Castle. We were forced to walk and arrived a huge sweaty mess at the castle. We were dressed up and wanted to look our best for photos...I needed another shower upon arrival. :(

We boarded a broken down monorail and had to walk back to CR after several miles of walking in MK.

We couldn't trust the monorail at all, and we constantly had to stress out about how we were getting around.

I paid beaucoup bucks to stay at a monorail resort for it to be an epic fail.

California Grill: Waitress was pissed that DD and I shared our meal and got fresh with me. She behaved like we were being cheap...even though I explained that my appetite is small after dieting for a year. Even though they knew it was our 22nd anniversary and we requested a table where we could view the fireworks, we were put in a small back room with the Bay Lake view...the same one I looked at all week from our room. :(

Our chambermaid interrupted our afternoon break daily in spite of being told that we nap in the afternoon. We were forced to go without housekeeping a few times. When we called the front desk for toilet paper, they never sent any up. We went without toilet paper for 24 hours and had to use the tissue box.

Our chambermaid never made the towel characters...not even on the day of our arrival. DD was very disappointed because she was accustomed to this on every other WDW vacation.

There were no yellow pillows with Mickey's face and no replacement item or alternative to them. The room was definitely lacking in any sign that we were in a WDW resort except for the Mickey embossed on the shower curtain. This lack of a Disney theme really bothered her.

Both pools were too shallow. I had to float in the middle of the "quiet" circular pool to get any depth. There were no lifeguards at the "quiet" pool, so people ignored all of the posted rules. They ate cheeseburgers sitting in the pool; kids played catch with tennis balls over our heads; complete mayhem went on that should have been going on at the main pool. We only swam 3 times as a result. This was a BIG disappointment after having an amazing experience at Stormalong Bay at BC 4 years ago.

Next trip to WDW:

We will not be returning to the Contemporary Resort. With all of its advantages and amenities, the lack of Disney theming and lackluster pools will keep us from returning.

We had very similar experiences on our last trip. We also felt cheated by paying a premium to stay at the premier monorail resort and only being able to use it twice during our trip. It really was such a big disappointment. It will be a long while before we return to the CR. However, unlike the OP, I think we will eventually return again someday...when WDW finally takes their HUGE profits and puts them into replacing the monorail system so that those staying at the monorail resorts will actually be able to rely upon the monorail.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Kook and everyone on this board for all the info and answers found here. It really helped our stay in the Garden Wing to be even more magical. We absolutely loved the Contemporary, and now the kids don't want to stay anywhere else. Ever. :lovestruc
Thanks!! I'll be reading up as we start saving our pennies for the next trip!!

So glad you loved CR and I hope you get to book your next stay soon. Let us know when you're booked and happy saving:)

Hello Kook, (or anyone?)

Please help!

Glad @dansdad could help you:)

Disney makes the CR CL bookings rather confusing so just to clarify... at CR, a "Standard Club Level" room booking ("CY"), is actually the 14th floor Tower Club. The booking won't state "Tower Club" or at least it never used to.

For a 12th floor Atrium Club booking, the reservation should state "Atrium Club" and either TPV or Standard View, which is actually a Bay Lake View.

I've only seen the Tower Club One Bedroom suites appear on the online booking page, so most don't even know that non-suite rooms can be booked on the 14th floor. You have to call to book these rooms and they cost about $40-$50 more per night Vs. Atrium Club.

There are 5 non-suite rooms up on the 14th floor: Two are king TPV and three are two queens with one being a TPV, one is a BLV and one is HA. There are a total of 16 rooms/suites on the Tower Club level and 48 rooms on the Atrium Club level.

First time stay coming up in an atrium club level room. Does anyone have a menu of the appetizers? Do they serve oatmeal in the morning?

They do offer oatmeal, but I don't have a photo of the menu binder, like I do for WL. But, there are photos of some of the appetizers in the CLUB LEVEL chapter.

I was just there two weeks ago on the 14th floor. You can only use the lounge on 14th floor. Only. I asked several cast members and was told only the lounge on the 14th floor. The lounge on the 14th floor is actually nicer than 12th floor...less people and quiet. Lol. My views only.

You are correct and thank you so much for the reminder. This policy did change within the last couple of years and I neglected to update the info. You're right that there are far fewer guests up on the 14th floor - 16 room/suites Vs. 48 on the 12th floor.

Only two weeks to go and we will be there :) so excited. Anyone there now? any one due to arrive when we are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter