Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I agree! Your kids will be fine!

Don't be surprised though that you miss them! That's ok! Soon you will be an empty-nester like many of us and connecting with dh is very important:)

Have a great time!

Thank you! I know I am going to miss them, and I hope I just cry all the way to the airport and then can be done with the tears. Just like every other family, we have had such amazing WDW vacations and made wonderful memories. It is hard for me to imagine being *there* and doing all those fun things without my kiddos. I think I am in the hardest place right now cause the anticipation of leaving is really hard. I am really looking forward to this time with my dh though :love:

I remember you from the Poly thread too!

I don't remember yogurt, but then again I wasn't looking for it. There are recipes online for how to make scrabbled eggs in the microwave. You may want to try it at home first but it can be an option!

That is a great idea! I'll look for some recipes. Thanks for suggesting that!

You will have a great time! As dansdad posted, the kids will get over it ;). But, maybe that would be a great excuse to plan another trip with the kids ::yes::.

I'm not an official CR fan yet....lol. We've never stayed at the CR, but are booked for a few nights next summer (before transferring to the Poly :laughing:). The CR never really appealed to us, but after reading more about it and looking at lots of pics, I'm excited to give try it :goodvibes.

We are planning a May trip for all of us. So we are talking lots about that rather than this anniv trip lol!

We have never stayed at CR either but this will be our 3rd BLT stay. I just love the location but the Poly has my favorite theming. We had a wonderful stay there this past December despite all the construction which really was a lot worse than I thought before going.

DH and I did a couples trip in May and loved it! So much fun to do things we couldn't easily do with the kids!! We do have a trip planned for Nov with the kids, so that eased the disappointment for them a little. I can't wait to go with the kids, but I'm already planning in my head for our next adult only trip. ;)

DH and I did a couples trip in May and loved it! So much fun to do things we couldn't easily do with the kids!! We do have a trip planned for Nov with the kids, so that eased the disappointment for them a little. I can't wait to go with the kids, but I'm already planning in my head for our next adult only trip. ;)

Good to hear! I feel like when we go with the kids, which is all we know, we run from attraction to attraction or character to character trying to do it all and keep all happy (4 kids in 10 years so decent span of ages). I just want to stroll and enjoy and take in all the things we never have time to stop and admire. We are doing the KTTK tour but other than that, we are just going where we want to :cutie:

Does anyone know if celebration buttons are still available at the front desk?? I know they were in limited supply last October, so wasn't sure if they were phasing them out of the resorts? TIA!!

I can't believe it is time for online check-in for our trip next month. We have a HA LV studio booked. I think the best thing to request is a high floor. Anyone else know of any other choices I ought to be looking at? There are so few of these particular studios that I figure we are pretty much going to get what we get! :goodvibes

Thank you so much!!! I am terribly excited and nervous all at the same time. We've not been completely kid-free for even a night in 13 years :rolleyes: ANd our kids are pretty unhappy with us that we are going to Disney without them.

I remember you from the Poly thread when we were planning our trip there for this past December! I did not know you were a CR fan too :teeth:

I wish I could say it gets better as the kids get older but it doesn't...or at least in my case it hasn't.

Two years ago, DH & I went away without our kids for the first time ever and they were 19 and 15 at the time. Even though we had just taken them to Disney 2 months prior, they were not happy campers that we were going without them. They made such a stink about it that I swear by the time I left, I felt so guilty but TRUST me, I got over it real quick once we landed...lol. We went during F&W and had a blast. It was such a different trip than the ones we were used to and it was so wonderful to get up when we wanted & come and go as we wanted. We had such an amazing trip that we went back last October by ourselves and have another trip coming up next month to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and yes, they still whine each time but now, we just ignore the comments.

Try not to make yourself too crazy...go, and have an amazing time!!!

I wish I could say it gets better as the kids get older but it doesn't...or at least in my case it hasn't.

Two years ago, DH & I went away without our kids for the first time ever and they were 19 and 15 at the time. Even though we had just taken them to Disney 2 months prior, they were not happy campers that we were going without them. They made such a stink about it that I swear by the time I left, I felt so guilty but TRUST me, I got over it real quick once we landed...lol. We went during F&W and had a blast. It was such a different trip than the ones we were used to and it was so wonderful to get up when we wanted & come and go as we wanted. We had such an amazing trip that we went back last October by ourselves and have another trip coming up next month to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and yes, they still whine each time but now, we just ignore the comments.

Try not to make yourself too crazy...go, and have an amazing time!!!

Thank you for sharing that. I do feel so guilty and it helps to know the guilt will get better. I know we are going to have a blast...just have to get out of the house...We have an early flight so the kids will still be sleeping on Monday morning as we tip-toe out the door:rolleyes1 To ease my guilty conscious, I have lots of fun things planned for them to do with their grandparents (bowling, movie, swimming, restaurants).

Also, mommyrosa, happy 30th anniv to you and I hope you also have an amazing trip next month!

We are planning a May trip for all of us. So we are talking lots about that rather than this anniv trip lol!

We have never stayed at CR either but this will be our 3rd BLT stay. I just love the location but the Poly has my favorite theming. We had a wonderful stay there this past December despite all the construction which really was a lot worse than I thought before going.

How exciting to already have another trip planned for next May :goodvibes.

The Poly is our favorite, too. I just love the relaxing tropical atmosphere. Glad you had a great stay in December where the construction wasn't a problem :).

Does anyone know if celebration buttons are still available at the front desk?? I know they were in limited supply last October, so wasn't sure if they were phasing them out of the resorts? TIA!!

I can't answer your question, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

I can't believe it is time for online check-in for our trip next month. We have a HA LV studio booked. I think the best thing to request is a high floor. Anyone else know of any other choices I ought to be looking at? There are so few of these particular studios that I figure we are pretty much going to get what we get! :goodvibes

I can't help with requests, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

What is a "HA" studio? I feel like I should know this but I'm drawing a blank! We have a LV studio booked at BLT. We chose high floor, near an elevator...I *think*...there aren't many choices, and definitely not the choices I was looking for like an 'even numbered room' or 'north end'.

We were given celebration buttons without asking at the BLT front desk in March. DD had the birthday button because she had her bday on the trip and the front desk CM gave the rest of us "I'm Celebrating" buttons when he found out.

I really want to experience the contemporary, would it be better to get a bay lake tower-studio Magic Kingdom view through davids, or pay the HUGE price for a Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom View. I want to be in all the action! I also want to Contemporary Resort to be off my disney hotels/resorts check list. Is Bay Lake Tower basically the Contemporary. I would honestly have no problem with BLT if they had bigger rooms, better decor, atleast one restaurant/food court, atleast 1 gift shop and i full lobby which i could be dropped off at via magical express!

What is a "HA" studio? I feel like I should know this but I'm drawing a blank! We have a LV studio booked at BLT. We chose high floor, near an elevator...I *think*...there aren't many choices, and definitely not the choices I was looking for like an 'even numbered room' or 'north end'.
HA = Handicap Accessible

We were given celebration buttons without asking at the BLT front desk in March. DD had the birthday button because she had her bday on the trip and the front desk CM gave the rest of us "I'm Celebrating" buttons when he found out.
Great to hear, thanks!!

We check in on 9/7 at BLT. This is a 20th wedding anniv trip with NO KIDS :yay:Very excited!! This will be our 3rd stay at BLT. Normally, we do have our kids so we stay in a villa with full kitchen. This time we are just in a studio. I'm wondering about food availability from the CR store. I need some kind of quick protein to start my day. I normally eat Greek yogurt or an egg. Does anyone know if the store carries hard-boiled eggs or yogurt? I know they have raw eggs but I do not think I will have any way of cooking them in the studio. TIA!

The Contempo cafe had hard boiled eggs for sale in the fridge section, I just don't remember if they were packaged with other things or if you could buy them on their own.

Handicapped Accessible! It is our first stay at BLT and from what I can tell (from the wonderful thread with views, spreadsheets and descriptions :goodvibes ) there are just a few of them and they all seem to be located in about the same place on every floor. We chose high floor as our only request.

Assuming you booked through DVC, you need to contact Member Services to add those other specific requests. Good luck! :)

I really want to experience the contemporary, would it be better to get a bay lake tower-studio Magic Kingdom view through davids, or pay the HUGE price for a Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom View. I want to be in all the action! I also want to Contemporary Resort to be off my disney hotels/resorts check list. Is Bay Lake Tower basically the Contemporary. I would honestly have no problem with BLT if they had bigger rooms, better decor, atleast one restaurant/food court, atleast 1 gift shop and i full lobby which i could be dropped off at via magical express!
I think you need to check page one for more info. But i will try to help with some of it. BLT is a separate building. It does not have a restaurant or gift shop. You go to CR for those. It also shares the tranportation, ie go to cr for bus and monorail.

Also the studios are smaller and different set up. Go look at pics but basically studio has only one bed with a sleeper where as cr has 2 queen beds and a twin bed(flip down).

For rooms i like the CR better. I do prefer BLT for the 1 br or 2br.

Both the blt and cr tower rooms do have a balcony.

Another option is the cr garden rooms. Those are the same room as cr tower, just no balcony.

I hope this helped. Ask any more questions, hopefully someone can answer them for you. Good luck deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter