• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Bumping from page 2!!!!

60 days until our 1st CR stay! FP's are done...just need to do online check in. Getting close!

What a SUITE anniversary present!

As was posted, you must call the CRO/WDTC/TA to book Tower Club Level rooms and suites. Tower Club level rooms aren't a requested location, they have to be booked to guarantee you'll be on that floor. Non-DVC suites that are on Club Level floors, aren't bookable online.

The 14th floor is called the Tower Club Level, however, on your confirmation, it may read "STANDARD CLUB LEVEL," whereas an Atrium CLub level room will read, "ATRIUM CLUB LEVEL." If your reservation states "Atrium Club," then you have booked the 12th floor, which does not have any suites. You will need to book the 14th floor Tower Club level if you want to book a suite. There is also a one bedroom suite in the Garden Wing. This suite can be booked online because it isn't located on a Club Level floor, though it does come with full CL access.

There are 11 suites on the Tower Club Level and there are also 5 non-suite rooms. Of the 5 non-suite rooms, 2 are King rooms, both with TPV and 3 are Queen rooms: 1 BLV, 1 TPV and one HA. On average, the Tower Club non-suite rooms cost a bit less than $50 more per night Vs. an Atrium Club room.

The CL chapter of the thread (hyperlinked in POST 1) has links to Tower Club photos and a Tower Club room number map.

Hey WDWKOOK, thanks a lot for giving me that number to contact the Contemporary, I was able to get 7 night stay in the Theme Park View 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level on the 14th Floor. :dancer:Its expensive like crazy but hey it'll be worth it for me and my Queen's anniversary. By the way, my Online Check In date is in August and I had a CM notate a couple of Room requests. I want to be as close to the Magic Kingdom as possible, which box(s) should I check off during Online Check In? Thanks again.

So what can you guys tell me about Disney's Contemporary Resort Tower - Bay Lake View. I'm just looking for a monorail resort close to Magic Kingdom for just sleeping and going back to mid day for a break and then back to the parks. I have an AP and for 3/2-3/9 I can get a room for 8 days/7 nights for $3003.9.

Could someone help me out? I am in the process of going through the thread but haven't found this answer.
I just switched us to Standard room - Atrium. Club level. What options do I have for requesting a view? What are the possibilities for the views? I know the lounge has a great view of MK so I wasn't worried about booking a view, but I would still like to request something nice.

Thanks in advance.

Could someone help me out? I am in the process of going through the thread but haven't found this answer.
I just switched us to Standard room - Atrium. Club level. What options do I have for requesting a view? What are the possibilities for the views? I know the lounge has a great view of MK so I wasn't worried about booking a view, but I would still like to request something nice.

Thanks in advance.
The standard room is a bay lake view. :)

I also just changed our reservation to atrium/standard(BV) this morning for our March 2 arrival, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! If you request odd number room I was told you could have a view of Epcot from your bed.

CA Grill fills up very fast, so keep checking online. If nothing is available, you can ask at the check-in desk if there is lounge/bar seating availability. The lounge/bar area does not require an ADR and you can order anything off the menu. If you do get an ADR, make sure to have your anniversary noted and when you check-in, tell them you proposed there.

The CR OCI check-in requests are limited to the following:

Thanks, after checking every ten minutes for the last two months a reservation (at the time I really wanted) JUST NOW became available, YEAH!!!!!

Bumping from page 2!!!!

60 days until our 1st CR stay! FP's are done...just need to do online check in. Getting close!
:yay:

CHECKED IN! We are checked in online, all FPs are done and all dining is finalized! 45days away!!!
:goodvibes

Hey WDWKOOK, thanks a lot for giving me that number to contact the Contemporary, I was able to get 7 night stay in the Theme Park View 1 Bedroom Suite - Club Level on the 14th Floor. :dancer:Its expensive like crazy but hey it'll be worth it for me and my Queen's anniversary. By the way, my Online Check In date is in August and I had a CM notate a couple of Room requests. I want to be as close to the Magic Kingdom as possible, which box(s) should I check off during Online Check In? Thanks again.
You're welcome and I hope you were able to apply a discount;)

So what can you guys tell me about Disney's Contemporary Resort Tower - Bay Lake View. I'm just looking for a monorail resort close to Magic Kingdom for just sleeping and going back to mid day for a break and then back to the parks. I have an AP and for 3/2-3/9 I can get a room for 8 days/7 nights for $3003.9.
The BLV is our favorite Disney Resort view. It's very peaceful and relaxing. All the rooms have balconies and unobstructed views. The higher floors have commanding views so that's a popular request. It's amazing walking out of your room and seeing the monorail go by and the MK and the 4th floor Concourse... Despite what some say about CR not feeling "themed," Ive always felt very connected to Disney and the MK when I'm there.

Thanks in advance.
All Atrium Club bookings are for a Standard Room. This just means it isn't a suite. What view did you book? Bay Lake or Theme Park? You have to book a view with the Atrium Club, but you can't book a view with the Tower Club.

I also just changed our reservation to atrium/standard(BV) this morning for our March 2 arrival, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! If you request odd number room I was told you could have a view of Epcot from your bed.
Woohoo!

Thanks, after checking every ten minutes for the last two months a reservation (at the time I really wanted) JUST NOW became available, YEAH!!!!!
Your persistence paid off:thumbsup2

If I book a garden view room at the contemporary is that in a different building or the main building that the monorail runs through.

No, just through the Tower. But the GW is about a 2 minute covered walk away. We found the GW to be quite lovely, and much quieter, but you still get the CR "feel" and the ability to walk to MK :)

So if I'm looking for a resort close to MK for just sleeping and a mid day break, I assume that the GV would fit the bill.

If I book a garden view room at the contemporary is that in a different building or the main building that the monorail runs through.

The Garden Wing is a three story building next door to the main tower.

It's often quite a bit less money, if you're willing to put up with the incredible torture of walking 100 yards to get to the tower. (Yes, that's sarcasm).

:yay:

:goodvibes

You're welcome and I hope you were able to apply a discount;)

The BLV is our favorite Disney Resort view. It's very peaceful and relaxing. All the rooms have balconies and unobstructed views. The higher floors have commanding views so that's a popular request. It's amazing walking out of your room and seeing the monorail go by and the MK and the 4th floor Concourse... Despite what some say about CR not feeling "themed," Ive always felt very connected to Disney and the MK when I'm there.

All Atrium Club bookings are for a Standard Room. This just means it isn't a suite. What view did you book? Bay Lake or Theme Park? You have to book a view with the Atrium Club, but you can't book a view with the Tower Club.

Woohoo!

Your persistence paid off:thumbsup2

Wait a sec, what discount?? LOL. I wasn't told of any discounts, can you tell me please? LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter