• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! That makes me so happy! We booked with a bounce back rate. I had asked about a theme park club level room & the standard king club level was all that was available for our dates. I thought that meant a standard view which I expected to be a lake view. But I guess we'll have that theme park view after all. Thanks so much for the info!! :goodvibes

This will be our first stay at the Contemporary. We'll be there Dec 12-16 & then moving to Yacht Club club level. Hoping to spend more time here to learn all about the CR.
I don't know why they make their bookings so mysterious. Yes, Standard View for CL is of Bay Lake, though now they actually refer to it being a Bay Lake View on there website. A STANDARD ROOM - CL is a Tower Club room, but Tower Club doesn't appear on your reservation. You can't book Tower Club room views, but you can book a King or Queen bed. Also, you can't book a King/Queen Atrium Club room, but you can book the view and your reservation will say ATRIUM CLUB. Crazy, I know.

Regretfully I need to take us off the CR stay list. The good part of this is we will stay onsite the full week. The AoA cars suites will make DH and ODS very happy and someday I will stay at CR. I'm working on a trip for just DH and I some day and we'll stay at CR!
Those suites look so cool and you'll have two bathrooms and a master bedroom. CR will be there for another time.

Ok maybe I messed it some where in here

We will be in blt is there a spot there we can get our resort mugs filled or is it ony over at cr
There are two refill locations for BLT guests: BLT pool and Contempo Cafe (CR).

Hi, We(my wife & daughter) are arriving with a CR/RV two nights starting March 2, my birthday. As a nearby Florida resident I've been to DW some 16 times but this will be my first ever stay at the CR. Also, I've really enjoyed reading through this entire thread and must personally thank Kook and others for putting together THE BEST Disney World site for accurate and timely information. One question : From Epcot will the monorail be making a stop at the CR during the planned March 2-5 work?
Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it!

The Epcot monorail only goes between the TTC and Epcot. You will have to get off the Epcot monorail and get on the EXPRESS monorail to get to CR. The RESORT monorail will not be stopping at CR during that time due to beam work.

Hi, We(my wife & daughter) are arriving with a CR/RV two nights starting March 2, my birthday. As a nearby Florida resident I've been to DW some 16 times but this will be my first ever stay at the CR. Also, I've really enjoyed reading through this entire thread and must personally thank Kook and others for putting together THE BEST Disney World site for accurate and timely information. One question : From Epcot will the monorail be making a stop at the CR during the planned March 2-5 work?

From Epcot you will take the monorail to the T&TC and then switch to another monorail. During the scheduled work on the resort monorail line it will depend on the time of day which monorail you will switch to. I believe between 11am and 7pm you would switch to the EXPRESS monorail and it will stop at CR. During all other hours the monorails will be running normally and you would switch to the RESORT monorail to get to CR. There should be info in your room when you check in so you can double check the times.

By the way, what's the quickest and best ways to get to the Art of Animation Resort from the Contemporary? The more options, the better. Thanks. :)

By the way, what's the quickest and best ways to get to the Art of Animation Resort from the Contemporary? The more options, the better. Thanks. :)

Quickest way would of course be just taking a taxi. If you don't want to waste money on a taxi, I would walk to the MK and then take a bus to AOA

Quickest way would of course be just taking a taxi. If you don't want to waste money on a taxi, I would walk to the MK and then take a bus to AOA

Thanks xjay for the tip and yeah I'm not trying to take a cab there. I'm from NYC and deal with cabs everyday so don't want to deal with cabs on my vacation even if they have Mickey Ears. LOL. Thanks again. :D

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it!

The Epcot monorail only goes between the TTC and Epcot. You will have to get off the Epcot monorail and get on the EXPRESS monorail to get to CR. The RESORT monorail will not be stopping at CR during that time due to beam work.

From Epcot you will take the monorail to the T&TC and then switch to another monorail. During the scheduled work on the resort monorail line it will depend on the time of day which monorail you will switch to. I believe between 11am and 7pm you would switch to the EXPRESS monorail and it will stop at CR. During all other hours the monorails will be running normally and you would switch to the RESORT monorail to get to CR. There should be info in your room when you check in so you can double check the times.

Thanks for your help. Now if I can just get a reservation for the California Grill(Top Of The World back then), that's where I proposed to my wife 30 years ago in May!

Last edited:

Seconding this suggestion.

There's some transportation from one resort direct to another, but it's more the exception than the rule. And CR to AoA isn't one of the exceptions.

But all of the resorts have transportation to/from the various parks. And at CR, it's a pretty short and pleasant walk to the MK bus stop.

We are 60 days out today and I noticed we have the 'online check in' link now!! What are good requests for CR? We have a Bay Lake-Tower room. Thanks!

We are 60 days out today and I noticed we have the 'online check in' link now!! What are good requests for CR? We have a Bay Lake-Tower room. Thanks!

We were booked in the CR Bay Lake View for our last trip and I just put "high floor" as my request on online check-in. We had a room on the 11th floor with an amazing view of Bay Lake. I still can't get over how incredible the view was. So I would definitely request a high floor

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 30
We were booked in the CR Bay Lake View for our last trip and I just put "high floor" as my request on online check-in. We had a room on the 11th floor with an amazing view of Bay Lake. I still can't get over how incredible the view was. So I would definitely request a high floor

Thank you! That picture is lovely. I hope we get a view like that!!

Are there any special room requests one would make at the Contemporary? We're staying in a Standard View Atrium Club level room for a week. Is there any benefit to requesting one end of the hall vs. central? What options come up for room requests?

Thanks for your help. Now if I can just get a reservation for the California Grill(Top Of The World back then), that's where I proposed to my wife 30 years ago in May!
CA Grill fills up very fast, so keep checking online. If nothing is available, you can ask at the check-in desk if there is lounge/bar seating availability. The lounge/bar area does not require an ADR and you can order anything off the menu. If you do get an ADR, make sure to have your anniversary noted and when you check-in, tell them you proposed there.

The CR OCI check-in requests are limited to the following:

Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 2.29.51 PM.png

With a Bay Lake View in the Tower, most of these choices aren't applicable: Every Tower room has a balcony, (but no GW rooms have a balcony); there aren't any ground floor rooms nor patios, (those are ground floor rooms in the GW). So for a Tower room that leaves an odd number, which with a BLV, the bed will face toward WL, FW, Epcot and an upper floor. The highest non-CL floor is the 11th. If you want to request anything else, you'll have to call-in your request and have it added to your reservation.

Are there any special room requests one would make at the Contemporary? We're staying in a Standard View Atrium Club level room for a week. Is there any benefit to requesting one end of the hall vs. central? What options come up for room requests?
The OCI options posted above are the same for any CR booking. The only thing I've ever requested for an Atrium Club booking was to be away from Chef Mickey's which puts you closer to BLT (north end). I think I've also requested to not have a connecting door, but I do that pretty much everywhere we stay. I think that our last stay we were pretty close to CM and had a connecting door and we had no noise complaints at all.

[QUOTE="WDWKOOK]

The OCI options posted above are the same for any CR booking. The only thing I've ever requested for an Atrium Club booking was to be away from Chef Mickey's which puts you closer to BLT (north end). I think I've also requested to not have a connecting door, but I do that pretty much everywhere we stay. I think that our last stay we were pretty close to CM and had a connecting door and we had no noise complaints at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I've also had connecting doors at Disney and it's never been an issue thus far.

Thanks for the info! I've also had connecting doors at Disney and it's never been an issue thus far.
You're welcome. For us, connecting doors have been a big issue at almost all the Deluxe and Moderate resorts, (we haven't stayed at a Value), with the exception of the Tower rooms. I think they're built with better sound-proofing or thicker doors.

You're welcome. For us, connecting doors have been a big issue at almost all the Deluxe and Moderate resorts, (we haven't stayed at a Value), with the exception of the Tower rooms. I think they're built with better sound-proofing or thicker doors.

I'm happier and happier that we picked the CR for this vacation! On another note, I got my Magical Express notice and luggage tags today!

That is a beautiful view! Do you remember the room number and if it was a connecting room?

Thanks!

That is a beautiful view! Do you remember the room number and if it was a connecting room?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the room number was 4721 on the 11th floor. If you're on the bay lake side, we were near the end of the hall on the left after you get off the elevators. It wasn't a connecting room.

With a Bay Lake View in the Tower, most of these choices aren't applicable: Every Tower room has a balcony, (but no GW rooms have a balcony); there aren't any ground floor rooms nor patios, (those are ground floor rooms in the GW). So for a Tower room that leaves an odd number, which with a BLV, the bed will face toward WL, FW, Epcot and an upper floor. The highest non-CL floor is the 11th. If you want to request anything else, you'll have to call-in your request and have it added to your reservation.

Thanks! We have had problems with connecting doors also but I had never thought to request a non-connecting room. So I'll do that and high floor. Who do you call to make the request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter