Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Strange happening yesterday.
I emailed BC IPO jut to touch base with them.
I got an email back about how we are one of the first guests to try out the brand new My Magic + and use the brand new Magic Band option
No where did it ask for details about our arrival, ask if we wanted help with ADR, etc.
Is that an old form letter or is that all they send out now?
I got a welcome letter last week that mentions a bit of what you said. Did yours mention an attached vacation planning form? Mine did, also about how to set up MDE and so on.
Hope this helps.

I got a welcome letter last week that mentions a bit of what you said. Did yours mention an attached vacation planning form? Mine did, also about how to set up MDE and so on.
Hope this helps.
Nope, didn't mention the planning form. And it wasn't attached. That is what I was expecting to get based on prior CL stays

Nope, didn't mention the planning form. And it wasn't attached. That is what I was expecting to get based on prior CL stays

I just got my BC CL welcome letter on Tuesday.... here is what mine looks like:

Greetings!

On behalf of the Itinerary Planning Team at Disney's Yacht, Beach & Boardwalk Resorts, we would like to WELCOME you and offer our assistance in reservations for dining, recreation, tours or other planning you and your family may need during your upcoming stay with us.

Attached is a vacation planning form. The itinerary planners utilize this to assist you in creating a memorable Disney vacation. All requests made will be booked, based upon availability. All confirmations could be viewed in your my Disney Experience account under itinerary or you may request a copy of your itinerary to be emailed to you.

At your earliest convenience please complete the form and send it to the itinerary planner’s office either by e-mail, fax, or U.S. Postal Service. Our email address is Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com

Please include your reservation or client file number when responding. We are also available daily from 9 am to 6 pm Eastern Standard Time, our phone number is 407-934-1448.

As an upcoming Disney Resort Guest, you will be able to experience MyMagic+. It is a new collection of magical tools that will help you manage your Disney vacation.

You will get to try out the NEW personalized MagicBand which will allow you to enter your Disney Resort hotel room with just the touch of your colorful wristband to your door. Your band will also grant you access to the Walt Disney World Parks (valid Park admission required). Once in the parks, you will have access to the FastPass+ attractions and shows you have pre-selected. Additionally, your MagicBand will allow you to purchase food and merchandise at select locations with just a quick touch of your band, backed up by the security of your personal pin.

In order for you to participate in MyMagic+, simply visit MyDisneyExperience.com and complete the easy sign up process, which will allow you to link your resort reservation and create your FastPass+ selections. If you have not received an email explaining the step by step sign up process, or if you should have any questions regarding setting up your MyDisneyExperience account, please do not hesitate to call 407-939-4357 (between 7AM and 11PM) or contact our office directly for assistance.

We look forward to having you as our guests.

Best regards,

The Itinerary Planning Team
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Disney's Boardwalk Resort
Phone (407) 934-1448
Fax Number (407) 938-6508
Email: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com

Opinions needed. We are currently staying at AKL Club Level in Dec. I just saw that WL Deluxe room is available for about 100.00 more a night. We have 2 boys 14 and 12 so it would be nice to have the extra space but for about 700.00 more is the switch worth it? Just looking for opinions. We have never stay Club Level at either of these hotels.

Thanks

At your earliest convenience please complete the form and send it to the itinerary planner’s office either by e-mail, fax, or U.S. Postal Service. Our email address is Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com

We received our welcome letter from the WL IPO staff and it did not contain a planning form. They also spelled our last name wrong. I'm a little scared of all the extra attention. I'm not sure what a seasoned veteran like me will use them for, though.

I think I need a little time to adjust to the idea of club level and all the perks included in it.

If you call or email them I'm just they can send you the form. :)
I did email them and the below is what I got back. Not sure I need the form bad enough to call them. Really the only thing I need to get to them is our arrival time. And since we are walking over from Boardwalk and then heading off to a park we really won't need a room ready early. I did put our arrival info on Online Checkin. I could be wrong but I'd think the IPO office would have access to that too

Greetings!

On behalf of the Itinerary Planning Team at Disney's Yacht, Beach & Boardwalk Resorts, we would like to WELCOME you and offer our assistance in reservations for dining, recreation, tours or other planning help you and your family may need during your upcoming stay with us.

Please let us know if we may be of any assistance! Our email address is Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com, our phone number is 407-934-1448.

Please include your reservation or client file number when responding. We are available from 9 am to 6 pm Eastern Standard Time daily.

As an upcoming Disney Resort hotel Guest, you will be among the first to experience MyMagic+. It is a new collection of magical tools that will help you manage your Disney vacation.

You will get to try out the NEW personalized MagicBand which will allow you to enter your Disney Resort hotel room with just the touch of your colorful wristband to your door. Your band will also grant you access to the Walt Disney World Parks (valid Park admission required). Once in the parks, you will have access to the FastPass+ attractions and shows you have pre-selected. Additionally, your MagicBand will allow you to purchase food and merchandise at select locations with just a quick touch of your band, backed up by the security of your personal pin.

In order for you to participate in MyMagic+, simply visit MyDisneyExperience.com and complete the easy sign up process, which will allow you to link your resort reservation and create your FastPass+ selections. If you have not received an email explaining the step by step sign up process, or if you should have any questions regarding setting up your MyDisneyExperience account, please do not hesitate to call 407-939-4357 (between 7AM and 11PM) or contact our office directly for assistance.

We look forward to having you as our guests.

Best regards,

The Itinerary Planning Team
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Disney's Boardwalk Resort
Phone (407) 934-1448
Fax Number (407) 938-6508
Email: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com

Opinions needed. We are currently staying at AKL Club Level in Dec. I just saw that WL Deluxe room is available for about 100.00 more a night. We have 2 boys 14 and 12 so it would be nice to have the extra space but for about 700.00 more is the switch worth it? Just looking for opinions. We have never stay Club Level at either of these hotels.

Thanks
I've stayed in both (though regular CL at WL, not Deluxe). I would stay at AKL as long as you are good without the extra space. While we loved WL I loved the Savanna at AKL more.

Thanks

We loved WL CL and while we've never stayed CL at AKL, I have read a lot of great things about it. We've had two great stays at AKL and are hoping to try CL some time. With that said, I would stick with AKL CL. WL CL is amazing and is one of our favorites, but it wouldn't be worth an extra $700 (to me) for a little extra room. Good luck.

Good morning, everyone...We arrive at BWI Club Level (first time for BWI, and first time for CL!!!) one week from today!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! We're celebrating our 41th Anniversary, and are SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

In the meantime, I have additional questions about upgrading our Package PH pass to an AP,

1. I thought I understood it, but then I reread the note from myTA, (not the magical folks for this trip - it's a MYW package), and again am somewhat confused....

Here's what she said: "The best way is to use it for one day and then go to guest relations and let them know you would like to upgrade to a season pass. They will deduct the total cost of the day you used from the total cost of the AP..."​

??? I thought that when you upgraded to AP, they deduct the total cost of the PH you purchased as part of your package, not just the day you used....???

2. Also, just to complicate this a bit further, I have another discounted package where I included the PH for December. This trip was paid off already, so...

Will they also include the cost of THAT PH in my AP conversion...or can I get a refund from my TA after we get back from THIS trip?​

If I need to get a refund from my "magical" TA, will there be a penalty for changing the reservation after the 45 day cut off?​

Sorry to be so dense on this...I am just having trouble getting the same answer from different sources....

I'm confused....:crazy:

Good morning, everyone...We arrive at BWI Club Level (first time for BWI, and first time for CL!!!) one week from today!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! We're celebrating our 41th Anniversary, and are SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

In the meantime, I have additional questions about upgrading our Package PH pass to an AP,

1. I thought I understood it, but then I reread the note from myTA, (not the magical folks for this trip - it's a MYW package), and again am somewhat confused....

Here's what she said: "The best way is to use it for one day and then go to guest relations and let them know you would like to upgrade to a season pass. They will deduct the total cost of the day you used from the total cost of the AP..."​

??? I thought that when you upgraded to AP, they deduct the total cost of the PH you purchased as part of your package, not just the day you used....???

2. Also, just to complicate this a bit further, I have another discounted package where I included the PH for December. This trip was paid off already, so...

Will they also include the cost of THAT PH in my AP conversion...or can I get a refund from my TA after we get back from THIS trip?​

If I need to get a refund from my "magical" TA, will there be a penalty for changing the reservation after the 45 day cut off?​

Sorry to be so dense on this...I am just having trouble getting the same answer from different sources....

I don't know what your TA is talking about but yes, they do deduct the cost of the ticket you purchase from the price of the AP when you upgrade. Not the single day.

And as far as I know they are not able to upgrade 2 tickets to 1 AP. I'm not sure if you can get a refund on that or not, it depends on the package I guess. Worse case it sits unused in your account and you use it at a later time

I don't know what your TA is talking about but yes, they do deduct the cost of the ticket you purchase from the price of the AP when you upgrade. Not the single day.

And as far as I know they are not able to upgrade 2 tickets to 1 AP. I'm not sure if you can get a refund on that or not, it depends on the package I guess. Worse case it sits unused in your account and you use it at a later time

Thanks, AngiTN...I guess we'll see! Good to know that my FIRST understanding that the full PH purchase will be deducted...whew.

And even if the December trip is not able to be refunded (not sure it can sit in my account, since it's part of their AGENCY EXCLUSIVE offer) I will still save money as trip #3 in April would be using the new AP....hopefully I can get it unsnarled when we get home from our upcoming trip...

1. When upgrading to an AP, you will get the total amount of the tickets you purchased, not just 1 day. It is suggested to use the ticket first before upgrading so you get the current gate price credited to toward the price of the AP.

2. The tickets included in your December reservation cannot be used to upgrade to an AP on your trip next week. If you don't need those tickets, just have the TA take them off your reservation. You shouldn't have a penalty for taking the tickets off your December reservation as you have until 5 days prior to arrival to make changes/cancel without a charge (that is if you used the TA I'm thinking of). Payment in full for RO and packages for that TA are due 45 days prior to arrival, but the cancellation/change policy is different. Also, not sure if you are aware, but tickets that are purchased through that TA are special group/convention tickets and cannot be upgraded. They also have an expiration date on them.

Hope this helps and hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

1. When upgrading to an AP, you will get the total amount of the tickets you purchased, not just 1 day. It is suggested to use the ticket first before upgrading so you get the current gate price credited to toward the price of the AP.

2. The tickets included in your December reservation cannot be used to upgrade to an AP on your trip next week. If you don't need those tickets, just have the TA take them off your reservation. You shouldn't have a penalty for taking the tickets off your December reservation as you have until 5 days prior to arrival to make changes/cancel without a charge (that is if you used the TA I'm thinking of). Payment in full for RO and packages for that TA are due 45 days prior to arrival, but the cancellation/change policy is different. Also, not sure if you are aware, but tickets that are purchased through that TA are special group/convention tickets and cannot be upgraded. They also have an expiration date on them.

Hope this helps and hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

Yes, that helps a lot! Thanks! SOunds like it should work out for us to convert my PH to AP, get a TIW card, and have a wonderful time at the F&W festival...

THen, I'll contact the TA (yes you have the right one) when we get home and have her take PH off for the Dec trip...just don't want to mess up the FPs we already have booked for that trip, so do I need to do anything to be sure my new AP will be linked to that trip too?

One less thing to fret over before out trip next week! We are SOOOOOO ready to get there and be pampered, and try all the great food and beverage options at EPCOT!

Thanks again, everyone!!

If I need to get a refund from my "magical" TA, will there be a penalty for changing the reservation after the 45 day cut off?

If you don't need those tickets, just have the TA take them off your reservation. You shouldn't have a penalty for taking the tickets off your December reservation as you have until 5 days prior to arrival to make changes/cancel without a charge (that is if you used the TA I'm thinking of).

Yup totally true, I just decided to upgrade to an AP for my next trip and I have another reservation coming up with said agency for 2016, I emailed my agent and she said they can just drop the tickets from my reservation and change the $$ anytime (up until the 5 days).

Yup totally true, I just decided to upgrade to an AP for my next trip and I have another reservation coming up with said agency for 2016, I emailed my agent and she said they can just drop the tickets from my reservation and change the $$ anytime (up until the 5 days).

Thanks!! Whew...most of my trips are booked and planned separately...

I've never had 3 in the works at one time before! And here I always thought it would be fun to be a TA...I now have a new respect for all the crazy stuff they need to do so that people like me can have a seamless experience! My hat is off to any of you who do this for a living!!!

.just don't want to mess up the FPs we already have booked for that trip, so do I need to do anything to be sure my new AP will be linked to that trip too?

FP are linked to your MDE account, not a specific ticket. The confusion is you have to have ticket media on the MDE account to book FP. But if you have an AP, you are fine. That's why you don't loose FP when you upgrade the ticket to an AP

Good morning Club level friends!
Quick question. We are checking in to AKL on Halloween and I have goodies for my kids (probably enough for any other child on CL too) if I leave them with concierge will they put them in our room? We'll be checking in early but understand our room likely won't be ready. Just wanted to make it special for my kiddos!

We received our welcome letter from the WL IPO staff and it did not contain a planning form. They also spelled our last name wrong. I'm a little scared of all the extra attention. I'm not sure what a seasoned veteran like me will use them for, though.

I think I need a little time to adjust to the idea of club level and all the perks included in it.

I haven't sent back the planning form in years. What I do is email the IPO. I put our Last name and reservation # in the subject line. In the body I tell them who's coming, when we'll arrive and how, and so on. I also add a room request if I have one.

You can get in contact with the IPO by Email or phone before you arrive.

Once you you are at the resort, our experience has been that the CL CM's are generally friendly, but not over the top. They are usually helpful with day to day questions or requests. Some days you might not have anything, other days you might want to check with them on something.

This thread is very helpful for answering questions, too.

Happy planning and wishing you a wonderful time at WL CL!:goodvibes

FP are linked to your MDE account, not a specific ticket. The confusion is you have to have ticket media on the MDE account to book FP. But if you have an AP, you are fine. That's why you don't loose FP when you upgrade the ticket to an AP
Angi, We have a couple of 10 day park hoppers from UT we are upgrading to AP's in April. Thank you so much for your posts on upgrading both here and on the Yacht/Beach Thread. They have been so helpful! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter