Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add us to roll call- September 4th thru 12th! Hoping we get tickets for a MNSSHP and Night of Joy!

Question- on our first night, we are debating on dinner at Shutters or dinner at Old Port Royal Food Court. Is Shutters worth the price? I would get 10% off with my Visa as well. I just never see many reviews Of it on the boards.

About 4 years ago I would have said no, it's not worth it. But Shutters got a new head chef about 3 years ago and the food and service have gotten so much better. I would definitely recommend Shutters.

I have found that the Table Service restaurants at the moderates don't get heavily reviewed because they are not destination restaurants like the ones in the deluxes.

About 4 years ago I would have said no, it's not worth it. But Shutters got a new head chef about 3 years ago and the food and service have gotten so much better. I would definitely recommend Shutters.

I have found that the Table Service restaurants at the moderates don't get heavily reviewed because they are not destination restaurants like the ones in the deluxes.
Agreed. My wife has gluten, soy, and dairy allergies. The chefs came out all 3 times we ate there and made her meals to her liking. They also made a gluten/soy/dairy free dessert that was to die for. Would recommend Shutter's any day.

Well I guess I've just been haunting this thread and never asked to be added to roll call - we will be there June 1-4!

I'm hoping they get the preferred rooms done before our trip in May. We are booked in a preferred May 9-19th. Which buildings in Trinidad North are the preferred rooms located?

I'm hoping they get the preferred rooms done before our trip in May. We are booked in a preferred May 9-19th. Which buildings in Trinidad North are the preferred rooms located?

I think they will all be done by your trip. There are 6 preferred buildings and they are done with 3 of them right now. All of Trinidad North is preferred.

Agreed. My wife has gluten, soy, and dairy allergies. The chefs came out all 3 times we ate there and made her meals to her liking. They also made a gluten/soy/dairy free dessert that was to die for. Would recommend Shutter's any day.

Great to hear! I have a peanut allergy so dietary accommodations are important for us! Thank you :)

Awesome! I'll let everyone look over the menu to make sure there is something we will all enjoy. The sustainable fish sounds delicious and goodness, I may have to order 1 of each dessert ;)

Add us to roll call- September 4th thru 12th! Hoping we get tickets for a MNSSHP and Night of Joy!

Question- on our first night, we are debating on dinner at Shutters or dinner at Old Port Royal Food Court. Is Shutters worth the price? I would get 10% off with my Visa as well. I just never see many reviews Of it on the boards.
Dis_Guy, I love the quote. But the Monkey cupcake is good too.

We ate at Shutters on the last night of our trip last year and thought it was better than we expected. We also have ADR for arrival day this Saturday as we don't want the stress of having to go anywhere.

Hoping I'm not bothering anyone with this!

Hey all! Traveling with my sister and our boyfriends. They're all lazy so it's up to me to do all the planning and I'm new to all this! We're traveling from November 7-17, 2015 and staying at The Caribbean Beach Resort. I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice for the best booking. I know some resorts have better views on the top floor compared to the bottom, odd numbered rooms compared to even, etc. I also know that CBR has like 5 or 6 different sections in the resort. I'm just looking for everyone's opinions on what they think is the best room location!

Oh...I forgot to mention that we're staying in the water/pool view room.

Thanks in advance!!!

Also if you could add us to roll call! Nov 7-17!!!

Great to hear! I have a peanut allergy so dietary accommodations are important for us! Thank you :)

Awesome! I'll let everyone look over the menu to make sure there is something we will all enjoy. The sustainable fish sounds delicious and goodness, I may have to order 1 of each dessert ;)

The char crusted New York strip steak was absolutely amazing!! One of the best meals I had at Disney.

Hoping I'm not bothering anyone with this!

Hey all! Traveling with my sister and our boyfriends. They're all lazy so it's up to me to do all the planning and I'm new to all this! We're traveling from November 7-17, 2015 and staying at The Caribbean Beach Resort. I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice for the best booking. I know some resorts have better views on the top floor compared to the bottom, odd numbered rooms compared to even, etc. I also know that CBR has like 5 or 6 different sections in the resort. I'm just looking for everyone's opinions on what they think is the best room location!

Oh...I forgot to mention that we're staying in the water/pool view room.

Thanks in advance!!!

Also if you could add us to roll call! Nov 7-17!!!

Oh you're not bothering anyone. This is what this thread is here for. Welcome! :welcome:

The buildings only have 2 floors so there's not much of a difference between them. We happen to really like Jamaica 45. It is a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main pool. It is also very close to the Jamaica bus stop. Aruba 51 is another great location for the same reasons, we just happen to like the bright yellow color of the Jamaica buildings. Make sure you check out the first 2 pages of this thread for tons of great information.

Does anyone know the price of a case of water at the resort gift shop? Also if they sell 12 packs of diet cokes? What about energy drinks like Monster or Rock Star? I'm trying to decide if I should place a order with Garen Grocer or just buy at the hotel. Also does anyone remember what kind of blow dryers are in the rooms? We are flying across county and the less I have to pack the better!

Hello fellow CB lovers! Here now...let me give you a few quick updates because I'm heading out to EPCOT for the afternoon. Checked in Sunday morning. Got my request for Jamaica 44 1st floor- pool view. Great room. We always stay in Jamaica or Aruba. Cast members here are phenomenal...housekeeping has been great as well. New rooms are so nice...we have a corner room without the extra trundle bed. The sliding doors that replaced the curtains to the bathroom are amazing. The resort is top notch and busses have been amazing. This really is a great resort...our favorite moderate and we have done them all. It has been chilly, but we will be at the pool this weekend and we will update you then. I will do a full review when I get home next week, but if you can think of anything you want me to check on while I'm here, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter