• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I had seen the info about the permits for the Pirate's room and called the front desk directly last week. I am a TA and had booked my client in the Pirate room. They however, do not want a double bed so I needed to get confirmation on if they will be changed. The person I spoke to at the front desk checked her papers and told me that the Pirate rooms would remain double beds. Of course, she could have been wrong, or they may not be saying otherwise, but that is what I was told. My client is now booked in a Preferred room instead :)

Thanks for the update, I guess my guess was just wishful thinking.

Any suggestions? It looks like Aruba 51 or 52 would be good or Jamaica 45 or 46. Any specific suggestions?

We got Jamaica 45 without even specifically requesting it. It really is a good location. The walk to Old Port Royale where the main pool is located is only 2-3 minutes over the island. The walk to the bus stop was similar. Only about 3-4 minutes.

I would add one item to this FAQ related to Blue Runner Pizza delivery. Do not bother ordering pizza delivered on a rainy night. Everyone has the same idea, and they will warn you that it could be an hour or more before you get your food. In reality it was 2 hours and 15 minutes. They are not set up to handle a large number of orders at the same time.

Hi, well after back and forth we have finalized our trip. We arrive at CBR on Sunday November 22 and stay through Thanksgiving day the 26th where we then move to a Pool Villa in Davenport for 10 days. This is our first stay at CBR, really excited!

Last edited:

We stayed in Trinidad South last fall and I am :oops: that they are re-doing the pirate rooms!

Hey all another question are there any specifications anywhere that say what locations have which room styles? I know Trinidad north and Martinique are preferred and Trinidad south is pirate rooms. But I mean are certain locations only king size or standard with the pulldown. I was hoping for Aruba 51 with the pool view for the double beds and pulldown on the second floor but say the second floor is only king beds I don't want to waste the request. Anyone have more of an idea how the rooms are split up? Thanks in advance all!

I have a cab question. For an 8am CP breakfast could we call a cab to our section of the resort or do you have to get picked up at Customs House? I was thinking it would be easier to cab it than to rely on Disney buses but if we have to walk from Jamaica to CH first it sort of defeats the time saving aspect. If we do have to bus it would getting to the bus stop by 7am give us enough time?

I've only taken a cab once which was a couple of years ago but at that time they did pick up in front of our building. One of our routine ADRs is breakfast at CP before park open and we've always taken the bus. Last year when we had an 8:05 ressie at CP we got at the stop at 7:10 even though our goal was 7. I've always been to told to allow at least an hour. We made it in plenty of time and still had time for that coveted photo in front of an empty Cinderella's castle. :-)

So I am hoping that some of you may have some advice for me. We are booked to be at CBR October 1 - 11 which is part of Columbus Day. We have only been to WDW twice as adults (middle of October and last week of September) but never on a holiday. How are the crowds? Are they manageable? I've seen the reports for last weekend and it looked miserable! We can move back a week but my husband really doesn't want to do that because last year when we were there the last week of September it was either 90+ degrees or a monsoon which I told him is typical Florida weather. Of course he compared it to our first visit which was in October and it was 80 degrees and never got a drop of rain (which is not the norm). So he has it in his head that October is the better month.
Columbus Day weekend would be our last weekend but just trying to get a sense of the crowds. Thoughts?

Hey all another question are there any specifications anywhere that say what locations have which room styles? I know Trinidad north and Martinique are preferred and Trinidad south is pirate rooms. But I mean are certain locations only king size or standard with the pulldown. I was hoping for Aruba 51 with the pool view for the double beds and pulldown on the second floor but say the second floor is only king beds I don't want to waste the request. Anyone have more of an idea how the rooms are split up? Thanks in advance all!
I've never seen a detailed map of the rooms like Andre has on the POR website, but I think there are a few king rooms in each building, except for the pirate rooms. The rest will all be the two queens with the Murphy bed. And accessible rooms are obviously all on the first floor.

I think you can make your requests without worries.

So I am hoping that some of you may have some advice for me. We are booked to be at CBR October 1 - 11 which is part of Columbus Day. We have only been to WDW twice as adults (middle of October and last week of September) but never on a holiday. How are the crowds? Are they manageable? I've seen the reports for last weekend and it looked miserable! We can move back a week but my husband really doesn't want to do that because last year when we were there the last week of September it was either 90+ degrees or a monsoon which I told him is typical Florida weather. Of course he compared it to our first visit which was in October and it was 80 degrees and never got a drop of rain (which is not the norm). So he has it in his head that October is the better month.
Columbus Day weekend would be our last weekend but just trying to get a sense of the crowds. Thoughts?

I've never been then, but I've heard it's busy. I think there are a lot of schools off that week. A friend who is a travel agent went that week and said it was much more crowded than she expected.

I've never seen a detailed map of the rooms like Andre has on the POR website, but I think there are a few king rooms in each building, except for the pirate rooms. The rest will all be the two queens with the Murphy bed. And accessible rooms are obviously all on the first floor.

I think you can make your requests without worries.

Alright great thank you so much!

Hi all, new to this Thread, hope you don't mind me following you all here :goofy:. Can anyone tell me which Villages are closest to the main food court/pool area (Old Port Royale)???

Also do all the rooms have the pull down bed or no?? And are the pull down bed room bigger or the same size? J.w thanks!

Not all the rooms will have the murphy beds. I'm assuming the rooms are the same size but I'm just guessing :flower1:

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort
It doesn't show you rooms with murphy beds but you can see where the king rooms are located.

We have been going this same timeframe since 2007. We usually check in on the Saturday before Columbus Day weekend, then leave the Tuesday after Columbus Day (usually 10 nights). The first weekend has great crowds, and they don't usually start getting heavy until the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. That was the case for many years anyway. When we went in 2013 the crowds were super heavy almost the whole ten days! It was crazy! We went to Disneyland last year in lieu of our WDW trip, but I had several friends there and they said it was pretty busy. Sadly, I don't think October is a coveted time to travel anymore with so many school systems going to a modified year round schedule with two week fall breaks (like ours). The weather is usually really good though, so I guess it isn't all bad :) We will probably continue to travel then though as it's still better than most summer crowds.

For what it's worth, I had seen the info about the permits for the Pirate's room and called the front desk directly last week. I am a TA and had booked my client in the Pirate room. They however, do not want a double bed so I needed to get confirmation on if they will be changed. The person I spoke to at the front desk checked her papers and told me that the Pirate rooms would remain double beds. Of course, she could have been wrong, or they may not be saying otherwise, but that is what I was told. My client is now booked in a Preferred room instead :)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is correct. As I understand it, going to a bigger size mattress would require changing the actual pirate bed frame and I don't see them doing that already.

Long time lurker, first time poster! I just booked at CBR from May 8 - 13. We stayed there once the year it opened, when I was young, so I am excited to see all the changes!

We will be there the same week the 4th to the 13th. This will be our first trip to CBR but I'm excited to try a new resort. Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter