Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add us to the roll call -- May 20 - 23!

It's a birthday trip for my DH. We did a quick 2 night trip in March and, after thoroughly enjoying our first stay in a refurb room, decided another visit was in order. We were POR devotees for 15 years, but CBR has truly won our hearts. The theme, the island-feel, is truly fabulous!

This may have been posted somewhere on here already...
What time to the buses start in the morning and when do the last buses drop off at the resort in the evening?

This will be my first trip trying to make some breakfast reservations. How early in the morning can I make them for? I will only be able to travel with the Disney buses throughout our trip.

What time to the buses start in the morning and when do the last buses drop off at the resort in the evening?

This will be my first trip trying to make some breakfast reservations. How early in the morning can I make them for? I will only be able to travel with the Disney buses throughout our trip.
I believe buses start running at 6:00AM and stop 2 hours after park closing. You can also get a taxi to your meals if you need to. There was a transportation thread somewhere on the boards. We have had character breakfasts as early as 8:30AM. Took a cab because they dropped us off right at the Contemporary Resort.

We had a reservation for a breakfast at Animal Kingdom at 8:00 and were on the bus by 7:00. The couple that was on the bus with us had reservations at Boma and the bus driver dropped us off then took them to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We arrived at AK by 7:30 so making the reservation on time was not a problem at all in fact we had to wait about 15 minutes before they let us in. It was great having the park to ourselves and I got really good no crowd pictures.

I am so excited we are going back to CBR!! I originally booked Pop then when the summer specials came out I was able to switch to CBR. The best is I am getting it for the same price as Pop!! (Actually a few cents less then Pop...LOL but who is counting) We are getting a standard room view and I am putting in a request to be near transportation. I heard they are in the mist of a refurb and hopefully will be done soon. We love that resort and the transportation was great! We are headed back to the World on July 6th. Plus I almost have the entire trip paid off. Yay!

I am so excited we are going back to CBR!! I originally booked Pop then when the summer specials came out I was able to switch to CBR. The best is I am getting it for the same price as Pop!! (Actually a few cents less then Pop...LOL but who is counting) We are getting a standard room view and I am putting in a request to be near transportation. I heard they are in the mist of a refurb and hopefully will be done soon. We love that resort and the transportation was great! We are headed back to the World on July 6th. Plus I almost have the entire trip paid off. Yay!
Actually, it has been reported that all of the refurb is done and on the WDW site, all rooms at CBR are now listed as Queen +1.

quicky question..(I knw CBR have murphy beds but not guarateed with a family of 4) Dansdad sorry to ask again!! you have been an amazing help so far and thank you!..but I was wondering if CBR do trundle beds/cot beds? or would I just have to bring the blow up mattress here too? We are seriously considering changing to CBR either way.

well as suspected..we just changed back to CBR from Music Resort...not that theres anything wrong with the music resort but we are die hard CBR fans and just could not consider going to Disney and not being there ( nuts I know!) We scored an awesome rate too with the summer room discount! YAY Roll on August 16th to 21st :)

quicky question..(I knw CBR have murphy beds but not guarateed with a family of 4) Dansdad sorry to ask again!! you have been an amazing help so far and thank you!..but I was wondering if CBR do trundle beds/cot beds? or would I just have to bring the blow up mattress here too? We are seriously considering changing to CBR either way.

Now with the Murphy Beds, no more roll-aways. You'd have to bring an air mattress.

thanks Dansdad...again! you have been an awesome help..I figured we would have a little bit more room to put the air matress in CBR than Music resort if push comes to shove as the rooms are a tad bit bigger. We picked up a Kidz Travel Bed yesterday in walmart for $25 so we are going prepared! We are flying so if its too heavy for the flight back I will pass it on to someone that can use it.

60 days!!:banana: Hadn't planned on doing fastpasses til I woke up this am but I ended up waking up ~12:20 am so I went ahead and made them. Another long night waiting until tornado watches and warnings expire...so went ahead and started online check in! Decided on Martinique (looked so soothing). Good thing I checked too-room only reservation made through Orbitz and still had Orbitz address (even though profile address correct and I had changed to my address when personalizing magic bands).

Trip is becoming more "real"-especially considering this trip started out as more of a hope/wish/dream 200+days ago! Kids still don't know...made it this far can wait 59 more days...right?

We are at 46 days. Surprising our kids as well. So far, so good. Granted, we didn't decide to go until 63 days so I haven't been keeping the secret very long!!!

When we stayed at POR I faxed a room request and it worked out amazingly well (we had a complicated situation and they worked it out better than I could have dreamed).

For CBR, we just really, really want Jamaica. ANd not for the reasons that everyone else does! :) We are going for my daughter's tenth birthday and she LOVES yellow. ALmost obsessively. And since that's the yellow section, I just gotta make that happen for her. It'll make it extra special and it's the kind of detail that she WILL notice and appreciate... Can I fax a request to try to make this little thing happen for her? I requested it on my online checkin but would like to try a little harder than just that. :)

When we stayed at POR I faxed a room request and it worked out amazingly well (we had a complicated situation and they worked it out better than I could have dreamed).

For CBR, we just really, really want Jamaica. ANd not for the reasons that everyone else does! :) We are going for my daughter's tenth birthday and she LOVES yellow. ALmost obsessively. And since that's the yellow section, I just gotta make that happen for her. It'll make it extra special and it's the kind of detail that she WILL notice and appreciate... Can I fax a request to try to make this little thing happen for her? I requested it on my online checkin but would like to try a little harder than just that. :)
Happy 10th Birthday to your daughter. I would call CBR directly and let them know of the special occasion and your daughter's wishes. Can't hurt. It is more personal when you actually call CBR. If you get a caring agent, then you have a pretty good chance of getting your request if available.

Hi everyone - wondering if I could ask for some help please?
I am just about to ring to make a room request - my daughter is 2 and still sleeps in what we would call a cot here in the UK. We have stayed at Old Key West before and I remember there being a folding type cot in the wardrobe. Is there one at Caribbean beach or do I request it? Is it called a cot or a crib over there!!!?? Can I request a proper stand alone one? Could you post the contact number again please? Many thanks xxx

Hi everyone - wondering if I could ask for some help please?
I am just about to ring to make a room request - my daughter is 2 and still sleeps in what we would call a cot here in the UK. We have stayed at Old Key West before and I remember there being a folding type cot in the wardrobe. Is there one at Caribbean beach or do I request it? Is it called a cot or a crib over there!!!?? Can I request a proper stand alone one? Could you post the contact number again please? Many thanks xxx
Its called a "pack and play" and they do stand alone, you could just ask for one when you get there or request one. They even give you sheets/blankets whatever you need for it. We had one for our youngest 4 years running. They are very safe and clean! The number to call to make a room request is 001 407 939 7429 ( calling from the UK ) Good luck:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter