Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
65 days!!!! I am so thrilled. Our kids don't know!!! I made our second last payment today, next weekend we will be paid in full!!!!

Started packing the small carry-on...well not packing so much as tossing in things we won't need until then like trading pins, face wipes, travel size toiletries, magicband decals, etc. Gives me something to do. But going in November, I don't think I'll be able to properly pack clothing or anything until a few days before we leave and I've checked the forecast!

The kids think we are just taking a long thanksgiving holiday with family 4 hours south of us! We are taking the train there, and my dad will drive us over to the airport where we will be like "surprise!" haha. Hopefully it goes well!

65 days!!!! I am so thrilled. Our kids don't know!!! I made our second last payment today, next weekend we will be paid in full!!!!

Started packing the small carry-on...well not packing so much as tossing in things we won't need until then like trading pins, face wipes, travel size toiletries, magicband decals, etc. Gives me something to do. But going in November, I don't think I'll be able to properly pack clothing or anything until a few days before we leave and I've checked the forecast!

The kids think we are just taking a long thanksgiving holiday with family 4 hours south of us! We are taking the train there, and my dad will drive us over to the airport where we will be like "surprise!" haha. Hopefully it goes well!

We will be there in 64 days! See you there!!! :wave2:

54 days to go! We wanted to wait and surprise the kids but we were to excited!!! I do remember that when we went in 2013 the food court was pretty good. I had a GF pizza and it was great!

Cool! We live in Cumming, near Vickery. We're headed down to WDW for our Fall break at the end of the month, along with just about everyone else in the county.
When does fall break fall? I wish our kids had gone to year round school, it would have been nice to have options for vacations when the kids were little. Now they are grown and in their own homes....and we are enjoying empty-nest vacations :)

My kids loved the baked goods, they had vanilla cupcakes with choc icing, choc cc with vanilla icing and choc, choc chip muffins, blueberry muffins, small little pound cakes, cinnamon rolls. We were happy with the food court breakfast and lunch. We loved the individual pizzas, have definitely improved since last trip to Disney.
Good to know regarding the baked goods. We are only planning 2 "breakfasts" outside CBR so I expect we'll be enjoying some of those cinnamon rolls for breakfast ;)

105 Days until our Christmas Trip and stay at CBR! :yay:
Is this your first time going during the winter holidays? We love that time of year but are checking out fall this year. I don't think it'll be possible to top WDW during the Christmas month but we'll just have to see!

When does fall break fall? I wish our kids had gone to year round school, it would have been nice to have options for vacations when the kids were little. Now they are grown and in their own homes....and we are enjoying empty-nest vacations :)
Our Fall Break is Sept 26-Oct 4. It's the first time our school district even GETS a Fall Break, so everyone is excited! They did away with our inclement weather days and decreased the number of early release days to make it happen, and we started school Aug 6 (last day is Friday before Memorial Day). I'm just happy to have an alternative to the typical school break times so we can go to Disney at a lower crowd level time without missing school!

ksromack-this is our first time at Christmas. We did a short 3 day trip in June 2014 and decided after 5 minutes into our first day that we were going back! We are excited to go! We will be celebrating my DS 9th birthday (he turns 9 on the 18th-the day we start to drive down). I feel he has always gotten the short end of the stick when it came to his birthday being so close to Christmas. My kids know that we are going to be going sometime soon, just not the exact dates so it has been fun planning with them but still keeping the surprise of when we are going!

We will be there in 64 days! See you there!!! :wave2:

We will be there in 63 days! See you all there! :)

Can anyone comment on how frequently the shuttle vans are running from Aruba and Jamaica? Is there one generally always waiting?

For myself in Jamaica, got it quickly this morning after a nice family told me about the shuttle while i was at the bus stop at 6 30am. Got some coffee and food..walked out of opr and got back on the bus. Tonight, maybe waited 5 min at the resort. Got some drinks.. and waited maybe 3 minutes to return. There is a bus for aruba and another for jamaica, so it continues to just drive. Great in my opinion... love where we are :) Quiet, great view for fireworks.. close to smaller pool.. Our room was cleaned well today, although they did not take the tip. I left it in a baggie with mousekeeper and thank you written on it. So happy with everything so far.

We go in 15 days can not wait our first time onsite :-)

Anyone have any experience off what the gluten free food is like in cb ?? My 5 year old DD has coeliac disease

Sorry if this has been discussed before...Are the pirate rooms getting renovated too- Did I read that right? If so when?

We go in 15 days can not wait our first time onsite :-)

Anyone have any experience off what the gluten free food is like in cb ?? My 5 year old DD has coeliac disease

We mostly ate in the parks but I did get the GF pizza at cbr and it was great!

I'm glad to read this since my husband and I check in on October 2nd and requested Jamaica. After reading the bridge being out I was considering changing the request but you have put my mind at ease :teeth: Just to clarify though... If we take the shuttle to the food court can we then take a park bus from there or do we walk to another section to catch the park buses?

25 Days till check-in! Little disappointed about the bridge but don't really care, thats what the rental car is for! Just hoping for an upgrade to a King Bed, its just the two of us so don't really need two queens, give those to a family that needs them.

I'm glad to read this since my husband and I check in on October 2nd and requested Jamaica. After reading the bridge being out I was considering changing the request but you have put my mind at ease :teeth: Just to clarify though... If we take the shuttle to the food court can we then take a park bus from there or do we walk to another section to catch the park buses?

There is a bus stop outside of Old Port Royale (the food court) and from there you can catch the park buses as well as the internal bus (although in my 5 yearly visits to CBR, I've only seen a bus marked Internal maybe 3 times)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter