• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's best to never expect any upgrades. We've been lucky in that we've always gotten upgraded to a water view even though we just booked a standard. Even such a small upgrade is a pleasant surprise.

Now, if they offered AKL to us, now that would be nice! :cool1:

Did you guys request this as one of your pre arrival request or did it just happen? I'm hoping that they will place us in a king room as well, since it is just myself and my husband.

No we did not put in a request either time for a king, just the upgrade fairy was on our side. pixiedust: Wouldn't mind if the upgrade fairy sent us to AKL on our next trip.

Can someone please let us know if the preferred rooms have the fold down bed? We are going on our first Disney trip with our kids, 11 year old and 22 month old and really don't want to drag a crib down with us. We were looking to hopefully bring a portable bed rail to use on the fold down if there was one in our room.

Anyone else decide what section they want to stay in based on the colors of the buildings??? :rotfl2:

Yup! Just requested Martinique based on colors primarily. In fact I want first floor but didn't check that box as it was coming up before the section-so only requested one thing. I will be happy with any color except pink I think.

Can someone please let us know if the preferred rooms have the fold down bed? We are going on our first Disney trip with our kids, 11 year old and 22 month old and really don't want to drag a crib down with us. We were looking to hopefully bring a portable bed rail to use on the fold down if there was one in our room.

There are some preferred rooms with a murphy bed. You can request one, but since you're not a party of 5 you are not guaranteed one.

Hello all,

I've decided to stop lurking and say hello. We are booked for Dec 15-21, 2015 with free dining. We planned a split stay. Visiting Universal, then spending 4 nights at WL and wrapping up our vacation at CBR!!

We've already stayed at CBR in 2013. Aboslutely loved it. The rooms did look like they needed some TLC but they were clean so we had no issue with it. Now that they are refurbisehd I am delighted! We stayed in Martinique so now I'm not sure if I want Martinique again or request a different building. You all have me very excited about Jamaica.

The other day my girls were saying they didn't remember the music. What??? how could they not remember!! So I youtube instrumental Caribean music and voila! a flood of memories. I can't wait to be back.

Add me to the roll call. :)

We are considering staying in the CBR this time. Are the hammocks only in the center beach area in Caribbean Cay or at each of the beaches?

Booked our package today - January 2-9, 2016 at CBR! I am so excited! I think I'm going to pass out just waiting for the 180 ADR day to get here :banana:

Anyone else decide what section they want to stay in based on the colors of the buildings??? :rotfl2:

And yes, I'm requesting Jamaica primarily because I love the yellow buildings! For some reason, of all the colors, it reminds me most of our honeymoon in "for real" Jamaica. The fact that it is so handy to the bridge is a nice bonus!

We were actually thinking we would like the second floor. No noise above us. Right?

Yup, no noise above you. Last time it was just me and DW in our first floor room. At 6:30 AM the family above us was obviously making an early start. The shower was running and they were moving around quietly then suddenly you could hear the rapid excited footsteps and squeals of little ones tearing around upstairs. DW and I chuckled to each other and we spent a moment in our own memories then decided to get up too. I found that I was just a little bit more excited about starting our Disney day than I was before receiving a shot of excitement from our neighbours above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter