Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like we're going CBR for most of our next trip... the next questions is - do we spring for the preferred rooms? We didn't for either of our stays at POR, but the main pool there is more centrally located. We won't have a car, if that makes a different. I'd love to hear your opinions!

It's not worth it to us. Other than the Pirate Rooms the longest walk to OPR and the main pool from a non-preferred room would be about 7-8 minutes. But 75% of the non preferred rooms are 4-6 minutes.

It will be three of us (all adults). I would think we wouldn't get a room with a Murphy bed, but is there a way to be sure we don't? I mean, we don't need it and I'd rather have the extra drawer space with a regular dresser.

There's no way to be sure you don't get one. But I would request a "non Murphy Bed room". But it's still just a request.

The boat just goes from Trinidad South to OPR it ran 8-5 some days and 12-8 others ...it is the boat they use for the kid pirate adventures and it was the first time we had ever seen it...it may be new because the drivers were keeping count of how many people were using it...

Are the king beds all in the same building or spread out? Getting ready to do online check in soon and want to be prepared on building requests. Also, this is our first time staying at CBR ( We were supposed to stay there last July, but when we showed up for check in they asked us if we wanted to be upgraded to AKL for free, so we couldn't pass that up!!). Anyways, we are going to do one day as a resort/ explore other resorts day. What fun things are there to do at CBR or what are your favorite things to do at other resorts? Trying to plan ahead of time :)!

Only if you don't mind a smaller bed. The non-pirate rooms have queen-sized beds, while the pirate rooms have the next size down (whatever that's called).

We had the added bonus of a murphy bed in our room, so I had the queen bed to myself most nights.

Also note that the pirate rooms are all in Trinidad South, which is pretty far from Old Port Royale.

Thanks for the info, definitely important stuff to know.

Are the king beds all in the same building or spread out? Getting ready to do online check in soon and want to be prepared on building requests. Also, this is our first time staying at CBR ( We were supposed to stay there last July, but when we showed up for check in they asked us if we wanted to be upgraded to AKL for free, so we couldn't pass that up!!). Anyways, we are going to do one day as a resort/ explore other resorts day. What fun things are there to do at CBR or what are your favorite things to do at other resorts? Trying to plan ahead of time :)!
WOW!! That is some Pixie Dust that was sent your way. pixiedust:

The pool is great and from what I have heard the pool bar is awesome. They also have movies at night. I am sure others will give you more info.

Are the king beds all in the same building or spread out? Getting ready to do online check in soon and want to be prepared on building requests.

There are king beds in every building except Trinidad South which is where the Pirate Themed rooms are.

Anyways, we are going to do one day as a resort/ explore other resorts day. What fun things are there to do at CBR or what are your favorite things to do at other resorts? Trying to plan ahead of time :)!

We usually have 2-3 days per trip that are resort days. Some of our favorites:

Rent a Surrey Bike
Stroll around the lake
Hang by the pool with a couple tropical drinks
Nap in a hammock on the beach
Smore's by the camp fire
Dinner at Shutters
Movie by the pool
Grab a drink, lay in a hammock and watch the higher fireworks from Illuminations

I am getting more and more excited everyday!

For those with a TA, how did they do your room requests? I need to ask my TA to do this since Disney wont let me do it.

I am getting more and more excited everyday!

For those with a TA, how did they do your room requests? I need to ask my TA to do this since Disney wont let me do it.

If your requests line up with the options available during online check in, you can do them yourself. However, our requests are not an option during online check in, 2nd floor and Jamaica 45. If they don't line up, your TA should call and have your requests added to your reservation.

Just got back from our first CBR trip after 5 straight stays at CSR. We LOVE Caribbean Beach!

We had a water-view room, and were initially placed in Trinidad North. The view was "eh" - we were near the bridge at the thin part of the lake. We were able to get switched to Aruba 55 and couldn't be happier. Yes, it's a hike to Centertown, but it's a beautiful walk, so I view that as a bonus! The pool is amazing, though the slide does lack in comparison to CSR's. Still fun, though. Busing was only an issue on one day - every other day, we waited no more than 10-15 minutes for anything. The multiple stops don't take away from trip time nearly as much as having to stop at another resort, like is the case at Riverside. Travel time to MK was under 20 minutes, Epcot and DHS took about 8 minutes, and AK was around 10. Downtown Disney also wasn't much more than 10 minutes.

The room was beautiful, and the murphy bed made for some sound sleeping for this party of 4. The kids did fight over it a little, though :)

Our hearts are still at Coronado, but it will be a VERY tough decision next year. Currently, two of us want CBR, while the other two want CSR. For our daughter, the hair wraps win it for CBR!

THANK YOU to everyone in this forum who answered our questions and concerns going in. We had a blast at Caribbean Beach!
Thanks for sharing! This will be a first for us at CBR too and CSR holds a special place in our hearts also. I am excited to try something new, but am a little sad to not be staying at CSR. I hope we love CBR as much as you and your family!

DH and I were upgraded to a King in 2008 at POR and in 2013 at CBR. TA said Families usually need the 2 beds so they usually upgrade couples to King.
Did you guys request this as one of your pre arrival request or did it just happen? I'm hoping that they will place us in a king room as well, since it is just myself and my husband.

We had a fab stay at CBR May 30th - June 4th. We had 2 rooms for 5 of us (booked before the refurb), I had requested building 25 or 26 and connecting/adjoining rooms. I called twice and my requests were read back to me. We checked in about 9pm after a long travel day from Ireland. We were given building 24 and on the map our rooms looked like they were the furthest preferred rooms from OPR. I thought about asking if there were any other rooms available but we were all tired and just happy we were placed together.

We loved the rooms - 2463 & 2464, 1 room was a corner room, both had a Murphy bed which we were surprised by as we had 2 people booked in 1 room and 3 in the other. My girls enjoyed taking turns sleeping in the pull-down. We were just around the corner from the quiet pool which turned out great as we spent a lot of time here and the next morning when we realised the Martinique bus stop was directly across the parking lot we were thrilled with our room location.

We were less than a 5 min walk to OPR, we ate here a few times and enjoyed everything we had. The shop was well stocked and having the concierge here was great; paying off room account and rectifying CP being charged to our room instead of dining plan.

The kids loved the main pool, slides & hot tubs but the quiet pool was a better option for a quick swim after the parks at night being so close to our rooms. Housekeeping were great, no issues at all, plenty of supplies left for us and one day we had the 'do not disturb' sign on and they left a big bag of towels, tp, soaps etc at the door.

Buses were average, nothing too bad but had shorter wait times at CSR a couple of years ago. The overall feel of the resort was very nice, I loved the look of all the buildings but still prefer the beautiful blue Martinique buildings. I would request here in future but don't think I would book preferred again.

Thanks to everyone for your help with my questions before our trip especially Mickeystoontown & Dansdad. I hope everyone that have trips coming up soon, enjoys CBR as much as we did :goodvibes
Glad you all had a wonderful time and were granted your adjoining room request!

Did you guys request this as one of your pre arrival request or did it just happen? I'm hoping that they will place us in a king room as well, since it is just myself and my husband.

I booked a king bed this time. Last time we tried to book a king room and couldn't get one. We even asked at check-in and were willing to pay but there were none available for our entire stay. If you really want one, I would suggest you book it. If you don't care but would be happy if it happened, then take the chance.

While free upgrades can and do happen, I don't want you to get your hopes up too much. We've stayed at CBR 7 times and we've never been upgraded to a King bed room even though we're a party of 2. We've gotten a free upgrade to a preferred room once, but the other 6 times our standard rooms remained standard. That said, we absolutely love CBR including standard view rooms, which is why we keep going back. Have a great trip!

WOW!!! That was an awesome upgrade! The upgrade fairy was on your side that day!

I booked a king bed this time. Last time we tried to book a king room and couldn't get one. We even asked at check-in and were willing to pay but there were none available for our entire stay. If you really want one, I would suggest you book it. If you don't care but would be happy if it happened, then take the chance.
We don't have to have one, but it would be nice since it is just the two of us. I know just having one bed would make the room a bit more open and not as crowded. We will see...maybe we will get lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter