• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

Looking to book a week here for 2016 and wondered if it's sidth booking a preferred room? If so what building request should we put in?

Also what's the food court like? Thanks

Well we're sold. Have booked with UK free dining for 2016. Have stayed at deluxe resorts recently but decided we can live with qsdp (which is what you get free at a moderate here in the uk) whereas when the kids were younger we liked a table service meal each day to get them going. We were going to return to CSR (which we visited the first five trips) but CBR is a few hundred pounds cheaper so we are going to give it a go.

Thanks for the fantastic thread.
I like quick service in that it lets you be free to do whatever you want and not have to remember to be somewhere at a certain time. I would have done it again this time but Princess (DD20) really wanted it and hasn't been able to go with us for a couple of years.

My family enjoys the QSDP, as well. As you mentioned, you don't have to stop what you are doing to make your way to an ADR.

Looks like we will be visiting CBR again! We stayed there in 2009 on our very first trip to WDW. We were hoping for free dining and to stay at POR this time just for something different, but we couldn't get anything with free dining there. Of the 3 reservations we are booking, two of them we were able to snag free dining with a preferred room at CBR, the other is still in a standard room with no free dining. Hopefully by calling everyday I will luck out and grab another room with free dining when one opens up. We loved the resort last time, so we're excited to be coming back 9/25 thru 10/4...this time with a 4 year old and two sets of grandparents that have never been. Our girls who were two years old on the last visit are looking forward to having the whole family on this trip. Can't wait!

I thought I posted about the Splash area, but I cannot find my post. So if I already posted this, please forgive me!

Will I be allowed to go into the area and play with my kids? Always has anyone ever personally experienced the lifeguards letting in bigger kids to that area? Thanks! Sorry if this is a double!

Also, what time are the movies at night? I really want to spend more resort time this year!

Has anyone stayed in a pirate room and actually enjoyed it? I booked a pirate room with fd thinking my kids would enjoy it, but now I have read so much negative stuff about them :(
We stayed in the pirate rooms in 2011 when my daughter was 8. We all loved it. I don't remember the beds being as uncomfortable as some posters say. They weren't anything fabulous, but we didn't have an issue :). We loved all of the little touches that Disney put into the decor. I wouldn't choose to pay to stay there again, but only because we've done it. If I got put there again for free we wouldn't be upset :). We've also done the Royal a Rooms at POR and I feel the exact same way about them as much we loved them.

The main pool was refurbished in spring of 2008. I know this because we were there at that time. :crazy2:

So far we have hit 2 WL and POP. DS was little at the time and it was just the 2 of us so we were not bothered by it. They were crushed last year and still complain about it.

I am so sorry to ask this again because I am repeating my question but I can't find my post now. What is the best way to have a cab either come to your room area or OPR? Also is it the internal bus that we need to take to CH to drop off our luggage on check out day before heading to parks? Thanks!!

Chiming in....booked Sept 1-10.....first time at this resort

Correction....Sept 4-13....taking in Night of Joy....can't wait !

Last edited:
I have a quick question...do the rooms have mini fridges in them, or is there an additional charge to have one brought in?

It's been a few years since I have been to WDW, and haven't stayed at CBR before, so I just wanted to check! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter