Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we stayed at POR a few years ago, I did a fax for room requests. I had booked a standard but I had asked to be close to a pool, ground floor and can't remember what else (time of the year was later in May). Anyway, they bumped us up to a preferred room. Now we'll be at CBR from Dec. 15-22 for the first time, standard again. Ideally, we want ground floor (due to my husband's knee issues), close to the parking lot (as my husband wants super easy access to our car) and would love close to the main building. Are there any standard rooms that fit those or do you think they might upgrade to an area that fits it? I'm guessing we'll be one of the few people actually wanting a parking lot view. LOL So that may be in our favor.

Haha! We will basically be requesting the same thing. I'd like to be close to the parking lot because I want to be close to my car incase I want to use it and I'd like to be ground floor as I'll be walking quite a bit and I'm not sure how my body is going to do.

I am curious if room reservations go back into the free dining pool once they get cancelled. So funny story. Our original dates changed and we changed them via phone several weeks before free dining came out. Well when free dining came out I went online to modify but for whatever reason my dates had reverted back to my original dates and I couldn't change them so I just booked another reservation. Both my original and my FD reservation were in standard rooms. Well today I called to cancel the original reservation and explained to the CM the issue, well they transferred me to customer service. Customer service decided it was best to convert my original reservation to free dining since I had insurance on it and transfer my second reservation payment to it. Long story short today I went on to my MDE and I now have three reservations that are exactly the same, lol. The CM did say systems were being wacky so I'm going to give it a few days and see if it corrects itself but right now I have three standard rooms with free dining all with mine and my daughters name. I do hope they correct it but I am kind of afraid to call because every time I call a new reservation gets added without canceling any. So odd. I'd love for the two extra room reservations to go back into the general queue.

Just curious....are they even going to be able to get you your luggage tags in time for you to leave?

This trip is to get DD to the DCP. She wants her car so we are driving down with her and then flying back after our mini Vacation. We bought APs because it was most cost effective for 2 short trips(she comes home Jan.4th)

Our boys wanted to do a trip so I booked FD at CBR for the 3 of us.

I have used ME both with and without tickets in the past. It can be done but you have to wait in an extremely long line.

I am curious if room reservations go back into the free dining pool once they get cancelled. So funny story. Our original dates changed and we changed them via phone several weeks before free dining came out. Well when free dining came out I went online to modify but for whatever reason my dates had reverted back to my original dates and I couldn't change them so I just booked another reservation. Both my original and my FD reservation were in standard rooms. Well today I called to cancel the original reservation and explained to the CM the issue, well they transferred me to customer service. Customer service decided it was best to convert my original reservation to free dining since I had insurance on it and transfer my second reservation payment to it. Long story short today I went on to my MDE and I now have three reservations that are exactly the same, lol. The CM did say systems were being wacky so I'm going to give it a few days and see if it corrects itself but right now I have three standard rooms with free dining all with mine and my daughters name. I do hope they correct it but I am kind of afraid to call because every time I call a new reservation gets added without canceling any. So odd. I'd love for the two extra room reservations to go back into the general queue.

The same thing happened to me. I had one water view room pre-booked at CBR for 5 people, but the morning FD came out I tried to modify online and kept getting an error so had to call Disney. The CM added free dining for me, however when I look on MDE it shows now I have 2 water view rooms and a total of 10 people. The confirmation number is the same and obviously the total price I owe is only for one room.

We are going to be staying at CBR Dec 15 through the 23rd. In a water view room. I have a couple of questions!

1. Do all the rooms have the pull down beds? It would be nice if my girls didn't have to share...less fighting!

2. Any rooms I should request? I guess I would like to be somewhat close to the CH and the main pool.

Maybe. But it's fine if you don't have them. We've made 2 very last minute trips so no tags. You just give the CM checking you in at ME your luggage claim tickets. Worked every time.
I also thought, via the DME FAQ and anecdotal info, that you can just take your luggage to the bus yourself. You do not have to wait for delivery. I hope this is true because we land at about 6:30 with a 6yo and baby, and I don't want to wait 3 hours to get our luggage.

I also thought, via the DME FAQ and anecdotal info, that you can just take your luggage to the bus yourself. You do not have to wait for delivery. I hope this is true because we land at about 6:30 with a 6yo and baby, and I don't want to wait 3 hours to get our luggage.

Yes this is true ! Just DO NOT use the yellow tags provided. Gather your own luggage and bring it to the bus where they will assist you :)

We are going to be staying at CBR Dec 15 through the 23rd. In a water view room. I have a couple of questions!

1. Do all the rooms have the pull down beds? It would be nice if my girls didn't have to share...less fighting!

2. Any rooms I should request? I guess I would like to be somewhat close to the CH and the main pool.

1. No they do not. I assume they generally save those rooms for families of 5. You could try to have that request put on your reservation though.

2. I wouldn't request specific rooms...but rather buidlings. There's really not great need to be near the Custom House. Your're only there for check-in & check-out. If you want to be close to the main pool (and are not in a preferred room), the prevailing wisdom is to request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 52 - the buidlings close to the bridge to Old Port Royale (where the pool & food court are). The good thing about water-view rooms is that they will be along the "interior" of the resort, close to the pathway that circles the lake. So they also act somewhat like preferred since you won't have to make your way around your "island" just to get to the pathway.

I apologize if this has been asked, but which buildings house the "standard view" rooms? And I don't know if it makes a difference, but we will have a room with the pull down bed. I just want to get an idea of where we may be put. Thanks!

Adults only trip to CBR booked for 9/9-9/18. We really enjoyed the resort last year and CBR drew us back in.
We'll be there 9/13 to 9/19
I apologize if this has been asked, but which buildings house the "standard view" rooms? And I don't know if it makes a difference, but we will have a room with the pull down bed. I just want to get an idea of where we may be put. Thanks!
All buildings have standard view rooms...they are the rooms with views of the parking lot or green area. Preferred room is in one of the buildings that CBR deems close to OPR, and waterview rooms are those with pool or lake views.

As for the pull down beds, you have to request a room for 5 to get one of those rooms. I printed off the rooms for you:

upload_2015-5-1_13-28-33.png

We'll be there 9/13 to 9/19

All buildings have standard view rooms...they are the rooms with views of the parking lot or green area. Preferred room is in one of the buildings that CBR deems close to OPR, and waterview rooms are those with pool or lake views.

As for the pull down beds, you have to request a room for 5 to get one of those rooms. I printed off the rooms for you:

View attachment 91748

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if all buildings would have standard view since they are the cheapest of the the rooms choices. I figured we would be far away buildings, but that does not bother us; just wanted to get an idea of what building(s) I could request when my 60 days come around. We are booked for five people with a standard view, so I would hope that I would not have to specify a pull down bed option...

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if all buildings would have standard view since they are the cheapest of the the rooms choices. I figured we would be far away buildings, but that does not bother us; just wanted to get an idea of what building(s) I could request when my 60 days come around. We are booked for five people with a standard view, so I would hope that I would not have to specify a pull down bed option...
No need to specify the murphy bed since it's the only way you can get a room that will accommodate 5 people. You're good to go! Have a great time

How long ago was the pool refurbished? My boys stayed at WL last fall and I need a little reassurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter