• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lurker coming out to chime in for roll call! I was lucky enough to snag a standard room as well as FD this morning (my sister called me at 4:30am, we are a Disney-obsessed family!), and will be heading "home" Oct. 30-Nov. 5th!

We love CBR, this will be our third stay! I found this thread so helpful when I was planning our first stay at CBR in November of last year, I'm glad to be back!

This sounds like me and my SIL!! We were up at 5 am together booking our free dining! It's our first time at CBR and we are all so excited! We were thinking of doing a OBX trip, but thought the kids would rather do Disney, so this way we get a beach and Disney lol we will be there 9/6 - 9/13 and cannot wait!! :)

So my Disney TA didn't get through early enough yesterday so FD wasn't available for our standard room ressie at CBR. The only option for FD was the pirate room. Wahhhh!

We're there from 10/1-10/7. Is there any chance a standard room FD would ever open up?
Yes! All I had available was pirate also and then a king room opened up. You never know who will cancel and when. Keep checking and good luck!

So.....Will the pirate rooms be updated with the queen beds before Oct. 25? And are these rooms really far from the main house? I was only able to get a Pirate room water view for my dates Oct 25-31. Kinda bummed but free dining saves my family 1200.00 from my original reservation so I had to take it.

My 2 boys and I booked FD yesterday as well. 10/12(DS 24th birthday) to 10/18. I started searching when I got up and watched as the prices kept going up. Finally a standard opened up for these dates and I put it in a cart. I was surprised it was still there.

DD will be doing the CP from the end of May until Jan. 4th. By November I will be glad to see her.

So.....Will the pirate rooms be updated with the queen beds before Oct. 25? And are these rooms really far from the main house? I was only able to get a Pirate room water view for my dates Oct 25-31. Kinda bummed but free dining saves my family 1200.00 from my original reservation so I had to take it.

There has been no announcement that the Pirate Rooms will get queen beds. In fact rumor is that it's only a soft refurb which would mean no queens.

Changed my reservation yesterday for our honeymoon from Riverside for free dining. Original dates were Dec. 13th-19th, but with the FD we had to do the 15th-21st. So we have decided to come down on the original date and stay at one of the Value resorts the 13th and 14th for essentially free!!

There has been no announcement that the Pirate Rooms will get queen beds. In fact rumor is that it's only a soft refurb which would mean no queens.
Oh I thought I read that somewhere on here. Ok well at least I'll be prepared. Thanks!

I have splash pad questions. Last year it was being refurbed during our visit. It looked really cute. My middle would MUCH prefer this option to the big pool. He chose the quiet pool every time, but I think some smaller options with a little more excitement than the quiet pool would be a great middle ground.

Anyways, I have a 2 year old, am I allowed to go in and play with them because I'm clearly(honestly barely...lol) over 48"? Also, my oldest is about 53" and will have a friend that's about 54" and September could be a growth spurt away. I wonder if anyone has ever experienced the lifeguards letting the big ones in to play with their little ones. My oldest is 8 and really is joined at the hip with my 2 year old. I don't expect attitudes or meltdowns, I was just wondering what others experiences have been.

I'm so bummed about the free dining debacle. We were staying at CBR in a water room. My TA said her system was down so she was unable to do anything in the beginning. By the time she finally connected and was able to get in touch with someone water view was unavailable. She thought we really wanted the view so she booked us pirate room water view. All other categories were open at that time. It's over $1,000 more than if we were to just have a standard or even a preferred. By the time I was actually able to go on and book last night they were all gone, no surprise. Now we're barely saving $1,000 with the free dining plan, where it should be around $3,000. Don't get me wrong she has been so much of a help and she has been phenomenal, it just sucks we don't have much money to spend.

I've heard so many negative things about the pirate rooms that now we're entirely reconsidering Disney in general. It seriously sucks so much. I'm fine with any room but a pirate. That just doesn't do anything for two 22 year olds, one 25 and one 27. I went online at 6:45 yesterday morning and all the rooms were already up and available, I feel like I should have just booked it on my own. UGH!

I'm so bummed about the free dining debacle. We were staying at CBR in a water room. My TA said her system was down so she was unable to do anything in the beginning. By the time she finally connected and was able to get in touch with someone water view was unavailable. She thought we really wanted the view so she booked us pirate room water view. All other categories were open at that time. It's over $1,000 more than if we were to just have a standard or even a preferred. By the time I was actually able to go on and book last night they were all gone, no surprise. Now we're barely saving $1,000 with the free dining plan, where it should be around $3,000. Don't get me wrong she has been so much of a help and she has been phenomenal, it just sucks we don't have much money to spend.

I've heard so many negative things about the pirate rooms that now we're entirely reconsidering Disney in general. It seriously sucks so much. I'm fine with any room but a pirate. That just doesn't do anything for two 22 year olds, one 25 and one 27. I went online at 6:45 yesterday morning and all the rooms were already up and available, I feel like I should have just booked it on my own. UGH!
Don't give up. There are people on the free dining board that have been able to change room categories. I myself am wanting out of water view, for standard...but doubt that will happen. I'd keep checking the site and if you have to, book a new package the way you want it and cancel the other. (Often, you can transfer the package to the TA after you've booked thru Disney). Good luck!

I'm a control freak and I love booking and changing and tweaking it all on my own. My friend says talking about all the work makes her scared to even attempt Disney and she would want a TA. So it depends on your personality as far as the TA goes.

However, DON'T give up hope! I bet people are still playing around with their dates and times and such. I was able to add days to my free dining package at about 60ish days last year. I was able to book three free dining rooms at CBR on the second evening. All standard view and one was a king. It all calmed down and stuff was available.

Keep trying! Could you change dates a little?

I booked CBR this year for the first time, any long time POR fans switch over to CBR and love it just as much?
I'm very nervous about my new venture, lol

Don't give up. There are people on the free dining board that have been able to change room categories. I myself am wanting out of water view, for standard...but doubt that will happen. I'd keep checking the site and if you have to, book a new package the way you want it and cancel the other. (Often, you can transfer the package to the TA after you've booked thru Disney). Good luck!

Thanks for your advice! I feel like I kept running to the bathroom at work today to see if there were any room openings haha. I'm not much of a church goer, but I sure have been praying so much for this to work out. My sister and my boyfriend are reconsidering Disney and are trying to find somewhere else, I'm not okay with that so I have to make this work haha. My TA did say that I could transfer everything over to her if I were to find something else. Here's to hoping it all works out! :worship:

I'm a control freak and I love booking and changing and tweaking it all on my own. My friend says talking about all the work makes her scared to even attempt Disney and she would want a TA. So it depends on your personality as far as the TA goes.

However, DON'T give up hope! I bet people are still playing around with their dates and times and such. I was able to add days to my free dining package at about 60ish days last year. I was able to book three free dining rooms at CBR on the second evening. All standard view and one was a king. It all calmed down and stuff was available.

Keep trying! Could you change dates a little?

I'm praying and praying it just pops up one time saying there's another room. I think I'd cry! haha. Thanks for your advice though! I'm going to keep with it for as long as I can haha. I wish we could change our dates, but my sister and I both work for a bank and since their days are different we had problems getting off as it is. We're flexible with checking in the 8th or 9th of Nov but that's where it stops. I'm just going to keep checking ever couple minutes until I wear my laptop out haha

Thanks for your advice! I feel like I kept running to the bathroom at work today to see if there were any room openings haha. I'm not much of a church goer, but I sure have been praying so much for this to work out. My sister and my boyfriend are reconsidering Disney and are trying to find somewhere else, I'm not okay with that so I have to make this work haha. My TA did say that I could transfer everything over to her if I were to find something else. Here's to hoping it all works out! :worship:

I'm praying and praying it just pops up one time saying there's another room. I think I'd cry! haha. Thanks for your advice though! I'm going to keep with it for as long as I can haha. I wish we could change our dates, but my sister and I both work for a bank and since their days are different we had problems getting off as it is. We're flexible with checking in the 8th or 9th of Nov but that's where it stops. I'm just going to keep checking ever couple minutes until I wear my laptop out haha

What check out date and how many rooms? I'll check for you and PM you if you want. I'm home with sick kids and I'm on the computer bumming around. lol

We are in your boat also. Going to cancel our reservation and stay at a vacation home. At least we'll have room to stretch out there. Don't want a pirate room, never did. It's a downgrade from what I've read on here.

so we have water rooms is there a curtain building I should ask for, for the best views. also we will be traveling for 22 month old, 10,11,12,14 kids I know this is a spread our resort I was thinking of putting in a request for either the Aruba or Jamacia because it does not look that far of a walk over to the food courts

What check out date and how many rooms? I'll check for you and PM you if you want. I'm home with sick kids and I'm on the computer bumming around. lol

Checking out the 17th and only 1 room. That would be awesome, thank you so much!!!

We are in your boat also. Going to cancel our reservation and stay at a vacation home. At least we'll have room to stretch out there. Don't want a pirate room, never did. It's a downgrade from what I've read on here.

That's my biggest thing. Two tiny half beds and a far walk. It sounds horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter