Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I apologize for not multi-quoting. Some DISboard changes have gotten me distracted.

If anyone is wondering about the thread title change, I did not change the title of this thread. As far as I'm concerned, this thread remains a resort information thread and not a "social club." More information on title changes and the moving of resort threads is being discussed HERE.

I apologize for not multi-quoting. Some DISboard changes have gotten me distracted.

If anyone is wondering about the thread title change, I did not change the title of this thread. As far as I'm concerned, this thread remains a resort information thread and not a "social club." More information on title changes and the moving of resort threads is being discussed HERE.

WDWKOOK - you are amazing and your threads have so much info. I can't believe anyone would insult them by removing FAQ from the title and burying them. Ridiculous.

But THANK YOU! You have helped me more than you will ever know, from the first time I stumbled onto your WL thread.

Thanks, WDWKOOK, for all the hard work you put into your resort info threads. I love giving and receiving advice over on the Wilderness Lodge thread, and I love reading over this thread to learn the ropes at Boardwalk for our trip next year.

The resort threads (all of them! I've spent time on yours and others when trying to make resort choices for future trips.) are invaluable, and it feels like cheapening them to change the name to something so frivolous sounding. Here's hoping the admins will take the complaints to heart!

So I started to read that thread Kook posted and was getting quite incensed on behalf of Kook, Andre, and others who have authored these very helpful and comprehensive threads. Then I got a big error message before I got thru the second page. Maybe that means the administrators understood and are making things right. Fingers crossed!

This thread is fabulous. Thanks Kook.

Happy Day! Threads seem to be getting back to near normal.

Kook, No more trips in 2015. But, the great news is we will be at F&W 2016.
Could you add us to the Bulletin?
We'll be at our beloved Boardwalk CL Oct 20-31 2016.

I noticed that the other day. I didn't think I had seen that title there before. Wonder who got a burr under their saddle in regards to the Resort threads?

I'll be back to multi-quote later, but in the meantime...The Resort Information and FAQ threads have been moved back to their original home in the Disney Resorts forum and "Social Club" has been removed from all thread titles. I started a thread regarding these positive changes HERE.

Last edited:
I typically place an order with Garden Grocer when we stay at BWI, but we're only going for 4 nights in December, so I'd like to just pop over to the Speedway station across the street. In all my times staying at BWI, I've only ever bought gas there (Hess/Speedway), never went inside. I assume it's similar to the Speedways up here in Michigan, but I thought I'd ask whether any of you can tell me if multi-packs of Coke Zero and larger than snack sizes of chips and other snacks are in stock. I'd also like some yogurt cups. Thank you.

P.S. So glad this thread is back where it belongs @WDWKOOK!

So, after our class is done on 11/12 dd is leaving on the 13th. Her ME will be about 4:30 and my dh doesn't arrive until close to midnight. I am so excited to have a night to myself. Now i just can't decide what to do! If warm sit at the pool, walk F&W, see the "lights" again?

Is there a nice bar area outside/patio on the boardwalk? I wouldn't mind sitting with a glass of wine and people watching either. I suppose i could sit poolside?

Anybody have any favorite spots to share????

Out of 50+ stays i have only stayed at YC once. I have bwi and bc and aoa scheduled so only have SSR left of my bucket list.

So, after our class is done on 11/12 dd is leaving on the 13th. Her ME will be about 4:30 and my dh doesn't arrive until close to midnight. I am so excited to have a night to myself. Now i just can't decide what to do! If warm sit at the pool, walk F&W, see the "lights" again?

Is there a nice bar area outside/patio on the boardwalk? I wouldn't mind sitting with a glass of wine and people watching either. I suppose i could sit poolside?

Anybody have any favorite spots to share????

Out of 50+ stays i have only stayed at YC once. I have bwi and bc and aoa scheduled so only have SSR left of my bucket list.
Trip planning, what fun! :goodvibes
One of our favorite places to enjoy a glass of wine is the patio outside of the Belle Vue Lounge. Pretty view, and so relaxing!

WDWKOOK- Please put us on the list for Feb. 26,2016- March 3,2016 in a standard CL room. We are so looking to coming back but per my husbands request we will be spending 3 nights at the Poly CL (Feb. 23- Feb. 26) before moving to the BWI. Do you know how many rooms they are planning on making CL on the 4th floor that are now regular rooms? Part of what I love so much about the BWI is the fact that almost all the rooms CL are behind the concierge door on the 4th floor if you know what I mean. It makes you feel like you have your own little hotel within the hotel and I really don't want to receive one of these new rooms. I know you can make a request but over the years my requests have been really hit or miss and I don't like to complain when on vacation so I generally take what I'm given.

WDWKOOK- Please put us on the list for Feb. 26,2016- March 3,2016 in a standard CL room. We are so looking to coming back but per my husbands request we will be spending 3 nights at the Poly CL (Feb. 23- Feb. 26) before moving to the BWI. Do you know how many rooms they are planning on making CL on the 4th floor that are now regular rooms? Part of what I love so much about the BWI is the fact that almost all the rooms CL are behind the concierge door on the 4th floor if you know what I mean. It makes you feel like you have your own little hotel within the hotel and I really don't want to receive one of these new rooms. I know you can make a request but over the years my requests have been really hit or miss and I don't like to complain when on vacation so I generally take what I'm given.
They already converted 10 rooms all of them "before the concierge desk". Actually converting is the wrong word, the rooms are exactly the same as before, all they did was add a nameplate outside the door saying
Innkeepers Club.

They already converted 10 rooms all of them "before the concierge desk". Actually converting is the wrong word, the rooms are exactly the same as before, all they did was add a nameplate outside the door saying
Innkeepers Club.
Thanks for that update on BWI.
I'm trying to visualize where these CL rooms are. Are they at the end of the hall on 4th, just before you turn right to the CM's desks?

Thanks for that update on BWI.
I'm trying to visualize where these CL rooms are. Are they at the end of the hall on 4th, just before you turn right to the CM's desks?

Yes. That's exactly where they are.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30AM, the four ladies from Massachusetts board the flight for Orlando and our LONG awaited trip to Disney and the BWI. Cannot believe its finally really here. We will be leaving cold, rainy weather for a week of gorgeous sun and heat! BRING IT ON!! Thanks to everyone on this board...it is always helpful and entertaining!

Happy to:

The bride and her bridesmaids

Dad is really trying not to break down in front of all these people

The happy couple.

BTW, if you see them wandering around Disney or Uni, congratulate them--they are honeymooning right now. :love: Yep, we will be there too, but not with them. party:

What a gorgeous, young bride! Beautiful dress. Thank you for sharing your special moment with us and they must have had an amazing honeymoon - they were at WDW!

UGH, well for us it was between WL and BWI so I think we will be A-OK with the refurb. I can't escape construction I suppose LOL

I believe most of the interior room work will take place on the 4th floor. Are you in a Deluxe room?

WDWKOOK - you are amazing and your threads have so much info. I can't believe anyone would insult them by removing FAQ from the title and burying them. Ridiculous.

But THANK YOU! You have helped me more than you will ever know, from the first time I stumbled onto your WL thread.

Thank you for your kind comments and for cheering me up. We are back to officially providing "information" and we're no longer buried:thumbsup2. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks, WDWKOOK, for all the hard work you put into your resort info threads. I love giving and receiving advice over on the Wilderness Lodge thread, and I love reading over this thread to learn the ropes at Boardwalk for our trip next year.

The resort threads (all of them! I've spent time on yours and others when trying to make resort choices for future trips.) are invaluable, and it feels like cheapening them to change the name to something so frivolous sounding. Here's hoping the admins will take the complaints to heart!

I appreciate your positive comments and it does appear that someone did take the comments seriously so please continue answering questions:)

So I started to read that thread Kook posted and was getting quite incensed on behalf of Kook, Andre, and others who have authored these very helpful and comprehensive threads. Then I got a big error message before I got thru the second page. Maybe that means the administrators understood and are making things right. Fingers crossed!

This thread is fabulous. Thanks Kook.

Yep, it went POOF! It was removed that evening and then thread titles started reappearing without "Social Club" and the next day all the Resort threads were moved back to the Resorts forum, so all is good.

Happy Day! Threads seem to be getting back to near normal.

Kook, No more trips in 2015. But, the great news is we will be at F&W 2016.
Could you add us to the Bulletin?
We'll be at our beloved Boardwalk CL Oct 20-31 2016.

Happy, indeed! I would love to add you to the BWB - F&W, what fun and CL, too!

but I thought I'd ask whether any of you can tell me if multi-packs of Coke Zero and larger than snack sizes of chips and other snacks are in stock. I'd also like some yogurt cups. Thank you.

P.S. So glad this thread is back where it belongs @WDWKOOK!

Bumping your question and ITA with your P.S.

Welcome back! I believe that all of the 4th floor will become CL rooms, but other than the 10 they've already re-designated, I can't tell you whether the rest will be converted to a different room type or just re-designated.

Innkeepers Club.

Thank you again for letting us know about the "re-designation" ;)

Tomorrow morning at 7:30AM, the four ladies from Massachusetts board the flight for Orlando and our LONG awaited trip to Disney and the BWI. Cannot believe its finally really here. We will be leaving cold, rainy weather for a week of gorgeous sun and heat! BRING IT ON!! Thanks to everyone on this board...it is always helpful and entertaining!

The FLFMs will be a force to contend with. Watch out MCO, ME and BWI - the ladies are coming and they're ready to PAR-TAY.

Unknown.jpeg

That's my thought too thank you! It looks crowded from pics, but it's a walk through so we will survive. I just find those dessert parties are worth it for location more than anything else. I really appreciate the reply :)

I also see the light show as a walk through and so many little details to see as you walk up and down the street (including hidden Mickey's), I just don't see the value from an experience or cost for this.

I am very disappointed to learn about the repairs. I would never have booked at BWI if I had known. We spend a lot of time at the resort. We will be checking in 10/11. I don't like to see or hear the noise. I have a very hectic daily schedule and am in need of some real down time.

We are booked in a standard room. What will be the best location to not see construction?
Is there any way we can ask to be moved to the YC/BC either now or when we checked in?
We have a room only booked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter