Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The reports on the drilling and vibrating noise is very concerning. I have booked a room only and check in on Sunday. I planned several pool days. I have tried to call and no one has called me back.
Some are saying it is ridiculously loud.
I can cancel the room still today if I have to. I don't know what to do. I would have to stay off site as I booked the room with a fall discount which is no longer offered and can't pay full price at a deluxe.
My vacation will really be ruined if I have to hear a jackhammer all day.

The reports on the drilling and vibrating noise is very concerning. I have booked a room only and check in on Sunday. I planned several pool days. I have tried to call and no one has called me back.
Some are saying it is ridiculously loud.
I can cancel the room still today if I have to. I don't know what to do. I would have to stay off site as I booked the room with a fall discount which is no longer offered and can't pay full price at a deluxe.
My vacation will really be ruined if I have to hear a jackhammer all day.

I really don't think that it will be that bad. We are going in 11 days and I am not concerned. Especially if your primary concern is the pool, as from what I have read they are not really doing a lot of work in that area. Also, I have heard conflicting reports but most seem to indicate that they are doing sections at a time, so more than likely the noise will be minimal.

I hope you are correct but some are reporting loud drilling and vibrating buildings.

I know they are. But others are not reporting that, and are talking about parts of the resort being closed off for construction. I guess I will find out when I get there, but even the worst that I heard was that they were hearing noise from 9-5 which is a time most people are going to be at the parks and/or pool and not really in their rooms, so I don't see it being that big of a deal.

Hello Trishadono, I wish you a magical time at your Disney Institute class. A few years ago my then boss took his staff, a bunch of engineers and project managers, to a local community college for the one day Disney Institute Creativity class. We had a blast! Great trainers! Of course a number of us, including the boss, are addicted to Disney which only made it better. And enjoy your stay at the BWI. We have stayed there many times including a 1 week splurge at a 1BR at the BWV.

We were at the community pool yesterday and it was quite loud. The work was on the fourth floor in both wings around the pool. The pool at the Inn side was very quiet but we were unable to use it twice this week due to lifeguard training.

A fellow guest did complain that her room was below the construction floor (Villas) and it was loud with vibrations.

I really don't think that it will be that bad. We are going in 11 days and I am not concerned. Especially if your primary concern is the pool, as from what I have read they are not really doing a lot of work in that area. Also, I have heard conflicting reports but most seem to indicate that they are doing sections at a time, so more than likely the noise will be minimal.

I hope you are correct but some are reporting loud drilling and vibrating buildings.

I know they are. But others are not reporting that, and are talking about parts of the resort being closed off for construction. I guess I will find out when I get there, but even the worst that I heard was that they were hearing noise from 9-5 which is a time most people are going to be at the parks and/or pool and not really in their rooms, so I don't see it being that big of a deal.

Hello Trishadono, I wish you a magical time at your Disney Institute class. A few years ago my then boss took his staff, a bunch of engineers and project managers, to a local community college for the one day Disney Institute Creativity class. We had a blast! Great trainers! Of course a number of us, including the boss, are addicted to Disney which only made it better. And enjoy your stay at the BWI. We have stayed there many times including a 1 week splurge at a 1BR at the BWV.
Thanks!

My husband and college age daughter did the leadership class which was held at CSR in March. She is a business major and these classes seem like a nice addition to her resume.

When they looked to do another class we found this Service class at bwi. My Dh offered for me to go this time and to have to stay at the bwi (I have always wanted to) was icing on the cake!

I also booked the Merry and Bright Dessert Party for the night after our class!

Hi - Sorry for this silly question, but I'm a bit confused. So there is construction going on but it's for the DVC villas? The hotel portion was renovated last year? Going in 3 weeks and I actually didn't know about this, but I've been so busy briefing on Magic Bands and FP+! :rotfl:

Hi - Sorry for this silly question, but I'm a bit confused. So there is construction going on but it's for the DVC villas? The hotel portion was renovated last year? Going in 3 weeks and I actually didn't know about this, but I've been so busy briefing on Magic Bands and FP+! :rotfl:

No, it's on the Inn side too based on photos I've seen. Here's a link to a photo of the construction: http://disboards.com/threads/disney...ormation-and-questions-thread.3344344/page-90
And there's a refurbishment notice now for the Boardwalk on Disney's site. I noticed that it was just added a couple of weeks ago.

It says "In an ongoing effort to improve the quality of our facilities and offerings, some of our Resort locations are currently being refreshed. To avoid damage to personal items due to painting or exterior construction, we suggest that you bring all personal belongings from your patio or balcony inside during the work hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Please pardon our pixie dust while we make more magic!"

Ok so just returned from Disney and already looking into next years trip. Saw all the construction equipment in and around the BW and was wondering when is it scheduled to be complete? BW is high on our list of places to stay for next November. Had stayed there in the past and just love it but construction is a concern. Thanks!

Ok so just returned from Disney and already looking into next years trip. Saw all the construction equipment in and around the BW and was wondering when is it scheduled to be complete? BW is high on our list of places to stay for next November. Had stayed there in the past and just love it but construction is a concern. Thanks!
I believe the work will be done well before then. We have reservations at BWI for Oct 2016.

WE'RE DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY!! We arrive in ****** 9 ****** days for our 41st Anniversary Celebration at BWI Club Level - our first time at BWI and first CL stay!

Congratulations on your 41st!

We are at 43 years and counting and have enjoyed many visits to the BWI. Be forewarned, a first visit can turn into a BW addiction.

Wishing you a magical visit!

They have been repainting the exterior.

Good morning from the most Magical Place on earth. I resumed the semi live trip report here at

http://disboards.com/threads/disneytopia-live-trip-reports.3002994/page-26

We checked in at All Star Movies yesterday evening and went to the Boardwalk for dinner.

WP_20151010_002.jpg

With the baseball game crowd, we found a nice spot at Ale & Compass and had dinner & drinks while we finished watching the game.

WP_20151010_014.jpg

I swear this is the Boardwalk behind DW. :lmao:

so does that mean AP holders don't need to buy Memory Maker anymore?
With new AP purchases, downloads are included. It's not retroactive though, so current AP holders aren't grandfathered in.

I think I did request close to lounge. Hmmm I can try to reach out closet to the trip. I'm sure it will be okay. I really want to be able to look out on the balcony without seeing construction lol. The kids are jazzed about BWI and keep asking about the snack room so as long as I don't ch ch change all is good :) thank you for the birthday wishes, little Brian just turned 7 last Thursday. He shares a birthday with WDW how cool is that??

That is very cool, (did you plan that?). A very (belated) :bday::cake: to Little Brian, too!!:bday::cake:

Add us too please. Me and DD 11/11-14.(Although she leaves the 13th and dh arrives then.) Taking a Disney institute class on the 12th :)

Sounds like lots of fun!

WE'RE DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY!! We arrive in ****** 9 ****** days for our 41st Anniversary Celebration at BWI Club Level - our first time at BWI and first CL stay!

We can't wait!!!!

It's almost time! I hope you'll file a report with us when you can.

According to the permit, the "room rehab" is due to be completed by May 2016. BWV's rehab is supposed to be completed next month. I don't have an end date for the scaffolding/painting work at BWI.

Good morning from the most Magical Place on earth. I resumed the semi live trip report here at

http://disboards.com/threads/disneytopia-live-trip-reports.3002994/page-26

We checked in at All Star Movies yesterday evening and went to the Boardwalk for dinner.

With the baseball game crowd, we found a nice spot at Ale & Compass and had dinner & drinks while we finished watching the game.
I swear this is the Boardwalk behind DW. :lmao:

:wave:
Everyone looks happy, but maybe they need a Lobster Roll? Hope you're having a great time and not causing too much trouble.

Guests have already announced this here (thank you!), but here is the announcement today from the DIS HERE, (I corrected their typo;)):

Disney World Bus Schedules

Changes to bus stops:
- Caribbean Beach - Transportation to Epcot and Hollywood Studios will be split into two sides at the resort. In the afternoon, the pickups will be combined.
- Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin - The Boardwalk will now have its own bus and the Swan/Dolphin will continue to share.
- All-Star Resorts - Each resort will have its own bus going to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Winter Summerland Golf - Guests will need to take a bus to Epcot, then transfer to a Coronado Springs bus, which will stop at Blizzard Beach.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter