Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Our trip is down to 80 days away :D. This trip was booked about a year in advance so its been on the board for a long time o_O. We're staying in a studio at BWV. Heard they've been refurbed...........does anyone have any photo's they could share..........I've heard they're beautiful but would like a preview.:yay:

Thanks,

Doug :goofy:

Check out the Boardwalk Villas post, post #8 of this thread, for a link to pictures of a refurbished Studio. The first page of the these resort information threads are full of useful and the most up to date information. :thumbsup2

Check out the Boardwalk Villas post, post #8 of this thread, for a link to pictures of a refurbished Studio. The first page of the these resort information threads are full of useful and the most up to date information. :thumbsup2

I posted several photos of the refurbished studio on page 95, #1891.

Thanks Kook ..Thanks fr the up to the minute info..as always! :goodvibes
You're welcome and it's nice having you over here on Crescent Lake.

Just got back from a great 1st trip to the BWI CL. We really loved the location, 5min walk to EPCOT and 12min walk to DHS. CL staff was fantastic, very helpful and friendly. Our room was spotless and had no issues with housekeeping.

We will be back to BWI for sure.

Thank you for posting your little TR:)

Thought I would share a few photos of our brand spanking new, never been slept in room--we were the first to occupy 2063 (Villas) after its rehab:

We loved the location--steps to the lobby and elevator--although the balcony was less than private, we enjoyed it.

A few glitches along the way--lifeguard training in the quiet BWI pool on two separate afternoons--couldn't enjoy the quiet of the pool nor get into it due to the training. Not sure why Disney doesn't have its own training pool for the lifeguards--makes no sense to tie up a guest pool for lovely afternoons. The community pool was available although due to construction on the 4th floor of the two surrounding wings--it was very noisy. Not a relaxing space.

We had a fantastic stay until check-out day. We had express check-out and despite providing our card upon arrival and having it linked to MDE online, Disney was unable to process the payment (which, BTW, was NOT over the charging limit). My husband went to the desk and it was determined the expiration date on the card was incorrect. We pointed this out at arrival because we were issued new cards this summer (chipped cards vs the old swipe design). I had changed it online but for some reason it kept reverting. The concierge assured me that the date was correct yet somehow by check-out day the new expiration had reverted. No problems, or so we thought, it was processed and went through without an issue. So, off we went to EPCOT only to have our MBs declined for payment due to being over our credit limit--embarassing :headache:. Three calls later to BW we were finally informed they had closed our account at check-out and we would have to use our credit card to pay for the balance of our day. Thank goodness we are AP holders or our MBs might not have worked to admit us. While it was a minor issue--the first two calls made assured us that the account had been reset and we were fine. It was only on the third call that we got the correct answer. That is Disney communication for ya'! :confused3

Looking forward to our return in May--although this time we will be at BC. We will return to BW in the future though--love this place.

I know I'm late with this, but THANK YOU for your great photos! We are thrilled to have your just-rehabbed Studio photos and review. I'm going to add them to the BWV chapter - thank you!

So excited. We'll be at BWI tomorrow! We land late tonight so we are sleeping at ASMo for the night and we'll head over to BWI early in the morning. Looking forward to our first stay there

Hope you've been having a magical vacation. Did you visit WL?

Anyone know if there's a pullout bed in every BW room? When I called, they couldn't say for sure if there would be one in our room...

If you mean the daybeds at BWI and not the Murphy beds in the villas (BWV), then yes, there is a daybed in each room, including the king rooms. The Disney booking websites' room configuration description is misleading, but their photos do show the daybed in each room.

I had lots of help holding strong with BWI ;) Thank you for that. My kids are super excited. I was able to get all checked in and get my FP literally at midnight :) It helps sometimes to be a night shift vampire! This morning my kids asked if we can go eat at Cape May so that's a possibility I will look into today.

Online check-in I requested close to elevator, which my DS7 would be very happy with.

Choices given:
  • Second floor
  • Fifth floor (the imaginary 5th floor I guess)
  • Highest floor
  • Near Lobby
  • Near elevator
  • Fourth floor
  • Ground floor
  • Upper floor
  • Lower floor
  • Boardwalk view
I wanted to show the choices for those considering online check-in

Thank you:)

Hello,
We are staying at BWV in a deluxe studio with pool or garden views. What requests should I put in? I would like a large balcony with some nice views

Thanks!

Bumping your question and you can try Touring Plans where they show views from many villas.

Wife made our FP+ selections for our December BWV trip. Each step makes it feel closer. Woo hoo!

We also booked an Alaskan cruise in June on the DCL Wonder when we were on the Fantasy two weeks ago, and we booked a five day trip at the Poly villas for March, but those are just side notes. Hehehehehe. 2016 is the Year of the Mouse for us!

Year of the Mouse, indeed! You might as well not unpack in 2016;)

2 more days until DH and I are checking in at BWI for our Food and Wine weekend :) Excited!!!!!

Hope you're having a great time.

Page 2 rescue! I've been remiss in my itinerary planning for my December trip. I am 99% sure it is because of my GF trip with DH and I in 19 days :) I've been totally picking my must eat & drink list from F&W. In unrelated news, a few years ago my DH and I booked the same room I have now for GF and GF overbooked it and moved us to a YC suite. Weeeeelll, I dropped my vacuum on my big toe this morning and OUCH....wouldn't it be funny if GF overbooked us again and DH and I ended up in a BWI suite :)

And no, that would not be funny and I would not be happy BUUUT I wouldn't cry if we were in walking distance to Grey Goose Slushies. Happy planning BWI peeps!

NO vacuums and definitely NO frozen chickens for you! We want you in perfect condition for your upcoming trips, even if it means settling for your little RPC and BWI Deluxe rooms:duck:

Those vacuum cleaners can be trouble. :lmao:

Yeah, they suck.

Two weeks from today, we check in for our first BWI stay. Looking forward to experiencing this resort.

:yay:

Here now and its been great! Loving our stay at the Boardwalk!! Friday was fabulous at Food and Wine...nice weather and crowds weren't as bad as I expected. Went early today got a few booths in then left about 2...it was hot and very crowded...will go back later for PFTS.

Hope you're still having a magical vacation.

Our trip is down to 80 days away :D. This trip was booked about a year in advance so its been on the board for a long time o_O. We're staying in a studio at BWV. Heard they've been refurbed...........does anyone have any photo's they could share..........I've heard they're beautiful but would like a preview.:yay:

Thanks,

Doug :goofy:

They are a big improvement, IMHO, and your trip will (finally) be here before you know it:)

20151016_220715.jpg
20151016_220718.jpg 20151016_220753.jpg We're having a great time here. Here's a mini report so far...

We arrived on Friday, Oct 16. Staying CL level, and were met at the Magical Express stop (1 stop at Caribbean Beach before BWI) and were taken right up to the Club desk at the lounge for check in. They checked all our Magic Bands and since we had requested to have our room ready, we were able to drop our carry on bags, change into our "park touring" clothes, and off we went.

Our room was everything we requested. Nice view of gardens, and great for viewing Illuminations. Outside the Innkeeper's Lounge doors.

We walked to Epcot, and the crowds were thick! We tried a few of the food booths, then, went to our cooking demo we had scheduled. By the time our Rose & Crown reservation was ready, the crowds were nasty. Many folks had been drinking much of the day and while they seemed to be having a good time, many around them weren't. The Pub at R&C was packed, and because they were so crowded in the restaurant, we were seated inside rather than on the patio, which would have been much more pleasant. Inside, we couldn't even hear our server for the rowdy pub crowd, and decided to eat quickly and head back to our room to watch Illuminations from our balcony. Rose & Crown has always been one of my favorite restaurants, but not this time!

Other than that, it's been a fun trip so far...BWI CMs have been wonderful, Lounge has been great for a quick breakfast before heading off to an early morning at the parks. Here are a few photos of the room, before we messed it up too badly. We're hoping the heavy crowds we saw over the weekend will be less now that the work/school weeks has begun again. I'll do a more thorough report after we get home, but thought you might like to see the view from our room.20151017_115748.jpg 20151017_115756.jpg 20151016_220753.jpg 20151016_220718.jpg 20151016_220715.jpg 20151017_115827.jpg 20151017_115830.jpg 20151017_115859.jpg

Attachments

• 20151017_115808.jpg
    20151017_115808.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 6
  • 20151017_115811.jpg
    20151017_115811.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 7

View attachment 129815
View attachment 129816 View attachment 129817 We're having a great time here. Here's a mini report so far...

We arrived on Friday, Oct 16. Staying CL level, and were met at the Magical Express stop (1 stop at Caribbean Beach before BWI) and were taken right up to the Club desk at the lounge for check in. They checked all our Magic Bands and since we had requested to have our room ready, we were able to drop our carry on bags, change into our "park touring" clothes, and off we went.

Our room was everything we requested. Nice view of gardens, and great for viewing Illuminations. Outside the Innkeeper's Lounge doors.

We walked to Epcot, and the crowds were thick! We tried a few of the food booths, then, went to our cooking demo we had scheduled. By the time our Rose & Crown reservation was ready, the crowds were nasty. Many folks had been drinking much of the day and while they seemed to be having a good time, many around them weren't. The Pub at R&C was packed, and because they were so crowded in the restaurant, we were seated inside rather than on the patio, which would have been much more pleasant. Inside, we couldn't even hear our server for the rowdy pub crowd, and decided to eat quickly and head back to our room to watch Illuminations from our balcony. Rose & Crown has always been one of my favorite restaurants, but not this time!

Other than that, it's been a fun trip so far...BWI CMs have been wonderful, Lounge has been great for a quick breakfast before heading off to an early morning at the parks. Here are a few photos of the room, before we messed it up too badly. We're hoping the heavy crowds we saw over the weekend will be less now that the work/school weeks has begun again. I'll do a more thorough report after we get home, but thought you might like to see the view from our room.View attachment 129806 View attachment 129807 View attachment 129817 View attachment 129816 View attachment 129815 View attachment 129810 View attachment 129811 View attachment 129812
Lovely room! Hope you have an awesome day!!!

NO vacuums and definitely NO frozen chickens for you! We want you in perfect condition for your upcoming trips, even if it means settling for your little RPC and BWI Deluxe rooms:duck:I was tempted to clean today...but no no no! I'm doing better. Now back to my homework :hug:

Yeah, they suck.
:rotfl2:

Hi everyone!
We'll be there in a couple weeks and I don't remember the a/c or bathroom vent noise situation at the BWI. Usually the in-room ventilation system is pretty good as far as white noise for me - I have a radio with a white noise feature I could bring, but if I don't have to bring it, I won't. Anyone recall the background noise there? Thanks for your help~ :)

-penny

Hi everyone!
We'll be there in a couple weeks and I don't remember the a/c or bathroom vent noise situation at the BWI. Usually the in-room ventilation system is pretty good as far as white noise for me - I have a radio with a white noise feature I could bring, but if I don't have to bring it, I won't. Anyone recall the background noise there? Thanks for your help~ :)

-penny

BWI doesn't have enough of a background sound for me, but I typically sleep with a box fan running. I have a white noise app on my iPhone and iPad. I use those when at Disney, used them at BWI in August, and will again in December. Better safe than sorry when it comes to sleeping!

BWI doesn't have enough of a background sound for me, but I typically sleep with a box fan running. I have a white noise app on my iPhone and iPad. I use those when at Disney, used them at BWI in August, and will again in December. Better safe than sorry when it comes to sleeping!
O my gosh, me too-box fan, year round! My boyfriend and I both have iPhones too, I'll find the white noise apps. Problem solved, thanks !!

My 60 days was on Sunday! I got the FastPasses all setup, but questioned the Online Checking room requests...I selected Boardwalk view. What are the chances of getting it if that was my only request??? It's all a surprise Christmas trip and we're getting in at night, so I thought it would be great to say good night at Disney looking over the Boardwalk for our girls! :cutie:

O my gosh, me too-box fan, year round! My boyfriend and I both have iPhones too, I'll find the white noise apps. Problem solved, thanks !!
We use an app as well when we travel. Sleep machine v 3.0. Be careful because when you are lying in bed waiting for your son to wake up reading the Dis, while your husband is still sleeping, when you hit the app to see the name it turns it on, thus waking up your husband :)

My 60 days was on Sunday! I got the FastPasses all setup, but questioned the Online Checking room requests...I selected Boardwalk view. What are the chances of getting it if that was my only request??? It's all a surprise Christmas trip and we're getting in at night, so I thought it would be great to say good night at Disney looking over the Boardwalk for our girls! :cutie:
Ya I made the same request. Probably won't get it but ya never know.

I also requested upper floor but honestly for a first visit I don't really have any preference at this time.

Happy planning! I'm at 3 weeks:)

Just got confirmation on BWV for September 20-27, 2016! Only 335 days to go!

We've got a 2 bedroom that my family of 3 is sharing with my in-laws. I'm excited to have my own little studio with access to a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

We stayed at the Inn a few years ago for Star Wars Weekends and my husband refuses to stay anywhere else now!

So excited!

View attachment 129815
View attachment 129816 View attachment 129817 We're having a great time here. Here's a mini report so far...

Other than that, it's been a fun trip so far...BWI CMs have been wonderful, Lounge has been great for a quick breakfast before heading off to an early morning at the parks. Here are a few photos of the room, before we messed it up too badly. We're hoping the heavy crowds we saw over the weekend will be less now that the work/school weeks has begun again. I'll do a more thorough report after we get home, but thought you might like to see the view from our room.View attachment 129806 View attachment 129807 View attachment 129817 View attachment 129816 View attachment 129815 View attachment 129810 View attachment 129811 View attachment 129812

Thank you for sharing pictures! You shared all of the reasons we can't wait to go back next month! :yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter