Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

It was Cinderella's Royal Table. DH wanted to try the French Toast (his was banana bread that was battered and fried which isn't as described. Think WCC at WL French toast!). I recommend the "Healthy Choice" if you're eating there!

We haven't done a BoG breakfast but I'm told it is decent. I prefer lunch there. The salads and sandwiches are really good! I recommend the quinoa salad or ham and cheese sandwich.

Liz
Yep We did the Lunch last Nov. & I thought it was good. DW didn't like it as much. She's GF. though. Most of us also enjoyed the dinner there 2 years ago...I just like how well themed it is too. That helps w/ the experience.

We've never done CRT though in all our visits. Now that they are older I don't think we'll be going there any time soon either.:confused3. For Breakfast if we do anymore, it'll always be 1900 PF ( on MK days ) or Boma's when we stay AKL/V... Heard good things about Kona though.

It was Cinderella's Royal Table. DH wanted to try the French Toast (his was banana bread that was battered and fried which isn't as described. Think WCC at WL French toast!). I recommend the "Healthy Choice" if you're eating there!

We haven't done a BoG breakfast but I'm told it is decent. I prefer lunch there. The salads and sandwiches are really good! I recommend the quinoa salad or ham and cheese sandwich.

Liz

Ooooh Lots of food talk!!! :cloud9: :thumbsup2....Im feeling hungry...lol....

Wanted to pop in and say safe travels Liz and Mexi :goodvibes....Looking forward to hearing all about your trips!! Hopefully seeing some pics too:thumbsup2...its the next best thing to being there!!

Yep We did the Lunch last Nov. & I thought it was good. DW didn't like it as much. She's GF. though. Most of us also enjoyed the dinner there 2 years ago...I just like how well themed it is too. That helps w/ the experience.

We've never done CRT though in all our visits. Now that they are older I don't think we'll be going there any time soon either.:confused3. For Breakfast if we do anymore, it'll always be 1900 PF ( on MK days ) or Boma's when we stay AKL/V... Heard good things about Kona though.

Now that you're older, it's the perfect time to go to CRT! I posted this on my FB. The comment included. :)

image.jpg

Realistically, though, we found the food there to be way better than we were expecting (like REALLY GOOD), but still a terrible value for the price. If it was $30 per person like some of the other character meals, it would be acceptable. At whatever price it is (near $50? We were on the Dx dining plan), it's way too much if you pay OOP. But as a "what the heck, do once" thing, or if you have kids who would love the pics with the princesses, then definitely do it. We enjoyed it. Ariel and Jasmin were especially nice. Some characters can be a little standoffish to two adults without kids, but not the case with them. (Any of them here really.). The best in two meals though was Alice at 1900. She's been hilarious both times.

Wanted to pop in and say safe travels Liz and Mexi :goodvibes....Looking forward to hearing all about your trips!! Hopefully seeing some pics too:thumbsup2...its the next best thing to being there!!
Thanks Blue:). I will definitely post pics. POR first stop for 4 nights then off to BWI for the next 4 nights.:cloud9:

Now that you're older, it's the perfect time to go to CRT! I posted this on my FB. The comment included. :)

View attachment 110320

Realistically, though, we found the food there to be way better than we were expecting (like REALLY GOOD), but still a terrible value for the price. If it was $30 per person like some of the other character meals, it would be acceptable. At whatever price it is (near $50? We were on the Dx dining plan), it's way too much if you pay OOP. But as a "what the heck, do once" thing, or if you have kids who would love the pics with the princesses, then definitely do it. We enjoyed it. Ariel and Jasmin were especially nice. Some characters can be a little standoffish to two adults without kids, but not the case with them. (Any of them here really.). The best in two meals though was Alice at 1900. She's been hilarious both times.

OK...LIke I said We'll be going to CRT this trip..LoL:rotfl2:.

Don't think the DW would mind me taking a few pics w/ Jaz..LoL:thumbsup2:confused3

$50 is kinda pricey, but I have TiW which will offset the price some....It's hard to get an adr for sure here though right?

Don't think the DW would mind me taking a few pics w/ Jaz..LoL:thumbsup2:confused3

$50 is kinda pricey, but I have TiW which will offset the price some....It's hard to get an adr for sure here though right?

I think so. My wife took care of all of that. We did go at a funny time, though, like 9:30 which is obviously prime park time. But it was an 8am open for 4th of July week, so we got in some good rides before we ate. Speaking of DW, I did crop her out of the Cinderella picture, which made it even funnier. She laughed at the whole thing. People did ask why no pictures of her with all the princes! No such luck. :)

I think so. My wife took care of all of that. We did go at a funny time, though, like 9:30 which is obviously prime park time. But it was an 8am open for 4th of July week, so we got in some good rides before we ate. Speaking of DW, I did crop her out of the Cinderella picture, which made it even funnier. She laughed at the whole thing. People did ask why no pictures of her with all the princes! No such luck. :)

:rotfl2::hyper::laughing:. Thats too funny.

We did this at Park Fare as you did...W/ Alice & Mary Poppins.....Now those were some good pics...Naturally I don't know where they are but, that was a very good character meal breakfast..Best by far, in terms of overall....The Dinner we just did last Nov. but we were underwhelmed..The stepsisters were good ,but that's about it. Fod was just Meh.

@WDWKOOK - no, their rooms were not refurbished either.

Does anyone know the best number to call if we left something in a room? My Mom thinks she may have left her reading glasses there. Thank you!

Try this: (407) 939-6200.

Testing iPad picture posting. Castle prior to park opening if it works.

View attachment 110194

Liz

Why can't it look that way all the time? Not a selfie stick to be seen...

View attachment 110320

I love how you get progressively cooler and have to add sunglasses:smooth:. You definitely had a great "meal" and those pictures are priceless.

Speaking of DW, I did crop her out of the Cinderella picture, which made it even funnier. She laughed at the whole thing. People did ask why no pictures of her with all the princes! No such luck. :)

That's hilarious. You are so competitive. Are you sure you didn't give poor DW a little shove when you sidled up to Cindy?

The only time we've eaten at CRT was when DD was little so all the attention was on her. I think now that DD is 16, DH might like some of the attention. He enjoyed his "meal" at Akershus a couple of years ago;)

Theming is why I love lunch there. You pick your room and after can wander to the others taking pictures. We aren't eating there this time since we're on the "other side" but we always lunch there if we're staying MK resorts.

Thank you Blue! It is ALWAYS about food! DH has that pecan bun on his list to try! I'll give a review.

View attachment 110320

LOVE those pictures. I was going to say DH was in all the Princess pictures AND the Cinderella down stairs picture. Odd how I wasn't in that one either!

Thanks Blue:). I will definitely post pics. POR first stop for 4 nights then off to BWI for the next 4 nights.:cloud9:

Mexi safe travels to you. You should be on your way soon if not already. (Sorry for the delay. We had a near lightning strike and are sorting out what electronics need replacing still. Internet is on and off sadly! Luckily MOST things were protected as this is common here but obviously a few fell through the cracks.)

If you can't get CRT then try for Akershus! I think they have a combination of Mary Poppins and princesses! Best of both worlds.

Selfie sticks are for whacking the guest that brought them right? And I think I'll continue to use Photobucket. Most of the pictures I DL from my camera and they are WAY too big for the sight. I either have to run another program to resize the file or upload them there. Nothing is ever easy! It would be awesome directly from a phone though!

I love how you get progressively cooler and have to add sunglasses:smooth:. You definitely had a great "meal" and those pictures are priceless.
That's hilarious. You are so competitive. Are you sure you didn't give poor DW a little shove when you sidled up to Cindy?

The only time we've eaten at CRT was when DD was little so all the attention was on her. I think now that DD is 16, DH might like some of the attention. He enjoyed his "meal" at Akershus a couple of years ago;)

Where else can you be surrounded by all those Princesses! I recommend it once for every DH!

We are down to 7 days! :hourglass DH started the "Where would we be a week from now" game! He actually started it last night which could mean we leave a day early! Men are so wishy washy!

It looks like it will be close to a full moon so I'm hoping to get some Crescent Lake moon rise pictures! Does Boardwalk Inn face west toward the lake or east? I'm guessing west but I'm directionally challenged even looking at a compass!

Happy Planning everyone and have a safe weekend!

Liz

Mexi safe travels to you. You should be on your way soon if not already. (Sorry for the delay. We had a near lightning strike and are sorting out what electronics need replacing still. Internet is on and off sadly! Luckily MOST things were protected as this is common here but obviously a few fell through the cracks.)

Liz
Thanks Liz and safe travels to you. We leave Wednesday early morning.

Sorry to hear about the storm knocking out some of your electronics. That's never fun.

Have a great trip!

We did this at Park Fare as you did...W/ Alice & Mary Poppins.....Now those were some good pics...Naturally I don't know where they are but, that was a very good character meal breakfast..Best by far, in terms of overall....The Dinner we just did last Nov. but we were underwhelmed..The stepsisters were good ,but that's about it. Fod was just Meh.

We've only done 1900 at breakfast. We try to avoid the buffets at dinners. It just seems like it's harder to screw up breakfast food, if that makes sense! We do like Boma dinner (no chars of course), but we weren't a fan of Cape May dinner (also no chars at dinner). Speaking of screwing up breakfast, this trip at Chef Mickeys the scrambled eggs were literally one of the worst looking foods I've ever seen! But they had these frittatas with cheese and meats and potatoes that were actually REALLY good so I didn't need to go near those other sad eggs. I like that 1900 has the omelette station though so I can get fresh fried eggs.

Try this: (407) 939-6200.

That's funny, but no, no shoves. :). We haven't tried Akershus yet, the food doesn't look like something we'd like. But long ago when we just started going to WDW, and old coworker told me "you don't go to the character meals for the food." With Akershus he's probably right. :)

Theming is why I love lunch there. You pick your room and after can wander to the others taking pictures. We aren't eating there this time since we're on the "other side" but we always lunch there if we're staying MK resorts.

Thank you Blue! It is ALWAYS about food! DH has that pecan bun on his list to try! I'll give a review.

LOVE those pictures. I was going to say DH was in all the Princess pictures AND the Cinderella down stairs picture. Odd how I wasn't in that one either!

If you can't get CRT then try for Akershus! I think they have a combination of Mary Poppins and princesses! Best of both worlds.

Selfie sticks are for whacking the guest that brought them right? And I think I'll continue to use Photobucket. Most of the pictures I DL from my camera and they are WAY too big for the sight. I either have to run another program to resize the file or upload them there. Nothing is ever easy! It would be awesome directly from a phone though!

Where else can you be surrounded by all those Princesses! I recommend it once for every DH!

We are down to 7 days! :hourglass DH started the "Where would we be a week from now" game! He actually started it last night which could mean we leave a day early! Men are so wishy washy!

It looks like it will be close to a full moon so I'm hoping to get some Crescent Lake moon rise pictures! Does Boardwalk Inn face west toward the lake or east? I'm guessing west but I'm directionally challenged even looking at a compass!

Happy Planning everyone and have a safe weekend!

Liz

I think at Crescent Lake the Inn side faces northwest, and the Villa side faces northeast. But I'm no Marco Paul-o, so they might both face south! :rotfl2: Enjoy your trip!

Further to my room request queries earlier, is requesting the year the room was refurbished a thing? Bathrooms aside, we both much prefer the 2013 rooms to the 2014 rooms. The colours just don't go with the rest of the theme.

Thank you for posting the beautiful pictures. We are staying club level as well, so it's nice to see the new mini refrigerators. Your pictures have added to my already high levels of excitement as we have reached the single digits! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter