Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

No not packed yet. We leave on the
22nd for 4 nights at Riverside before BW and all I have are grocery bags filled with stuff we need to get packed.

I have 2 dogs and once they see those bags they go into a panic. So I'm trying to wait as long as possible.

Enjoy your Friday. It won't be long now!

That's why they're down and just sitting. Hopefully they will lose interest soon. I bought new bell balls and a giant nylabone today. If it all ends up in a suitcase I'm still in trouble!

Still wrestling with the anniversary dinner. It's narrowed down to 3. Need to make a decision soon!

I'm down to one week from tomorrow! Looking forward to my first stay at BWI! Kids are in the 'I'm being crazy because I'm so excited' mode

It's almost time and you'll be there! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Happy planning and safe travels!

Liz

I'm down to one week from tomorrow! Looking forward to my first stay at BWI! Kids are in the 'I'm being crazy because I'm so excited' mode

I know how your kids feel - I still get that way! (Must be a Hoosier thing;))

We checked in today and received the exact room I wanted, deluxe CL room 3255. We are over Seashore Sweets and the stairs to the fourth floor are very convenient. I love the refrigerator in the lounge. When I get back I will post a few photos.

That's terrific! Everyone will want to know how you got the exact room you wanted. Did you only email/call the IPO? Did you ask for that specific room number or just the 3rd floor? Did you check any OCI boxes? Did you bribe anyone upon arrival…

The CL chapter sure could use some new lounge photos. We don't have any of the new fridge, coffee maker or the new food offerings. If you get a chance, Deluxe room and lounge photos would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your first full day!

We checked in today and received the exact room I wanted, deluxe CL room 3255. We are over Seashore Sweets and the stairs to the fourth floor are very convenient. I love the refrigerator in the lounge. When I get back I will post a few photos.

Glad you got the room you requested and it sounds like a Boardwalk View! When you have a moment, pictures please! And if you could answer DH's burning question: What beer do they serve in CL?

We will be there in 13 days and can't wait.

Liz

Sometimes when you're using a discount code, the CL rate may only marginally increase your nightly rate, maybe $75 or so depending on the CL. If you divide that out by the number go guests in the room, sometimes it's not that much more per guest/per day.

We got our rooms for $199 per night, so on this trip the CL would still be significantly higher. But one of these trips I'll make it work out :-)

I would have ranked those four exactly the same. Pre-rehab, I would have ranked CAG much higher, but post-rehab, it's never been the same, which is a shame. In Epcot, our favorite is right next door to yours, Tokyo Dining. But, I always take a peek at all the TE excitement on the way to the lovely keshooshitsu. Thanks for posting your reviews.

The funny thing is that I said Teppan Edo, but I totally was thinking of Tokyo Dining. :) we've never even tried Teppan Edo!! :rotfl2:

Glad you got the room you requested and it sounds like a Boardwalk View! When you have a moment, pictures please! And if you could answer DH's burning question: What beer do they serve in CL?

Liz

I remember that they had Samuel Adams and Bud Light and maybe a few others. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures from my tablet but will definitely do that when I get home next weekend. The CL CM's haablall been fantastic. Have a great trip!!

That's terrific! Everyone will want to know how you got the exact room you wanted. Did you only email/call the IPO? Did you ask for that specific room number or just the 3rd floor? Did you check any OCI boxes? Did you bribe anyone upon arrival…

The CL chapter sure could use some new lounge photos. We don't have any of the new fridge, coffee maker or the new food offerings. If you get a chance, Deluxe room and lounge photos would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your first full day![/QUOTE]

I requested my room through IPO and when I made reservation and just asked for third floor over Seashore Sweets to be close to the stairs. No bribes required

I took some photos of the lounge this evening including the refrigerator and the dessert offerings (the little lemon marangne tarts are delicious) and will take more and some of the deluxe room. I will post them when I get home this weekend.

The funny thing is that I said Teppan Edo, but I totally was thinking of Tokyo Dining. :) we've never even tried Teppan Edo!! :rotfl2:

You're not missing very much..

TE is no better than your reg. hibachi type joint at home. ( At least near us ) food was about the same, and the show/ part of it , the same too.

TD on the other hand, we thoroughly enjoyed....My kids at the time were only 10 and they want to go back in the worst way...But with our large groups that we tour with it's always tough to make everyone happy. SO we'll wait tll it's just us 4.

Last edited:
I remember that they had Samuel Adams and Bud Light and maybe a few others. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures from my tablet but will definitely do that when I get home next weekend. The CL CM's haablall been fantastic. Have a great trip!!

I requested my room through IPO and when I made reservation and just asked for third floor over Seashore Sweets to be close to the stairs. No bribes required

I took some photos of the lounge this evening including the refrigerator and the dessert offerings (the little lemon marangne tarts are delicious) and will take more and some of the deluxe room. I will post them when I get home this weekend.

Thank you for the beer info! :drinking1

I have never mastered posting directly from a device to the boards. Since they were changed it might be possible. I always upload to photobucket (or similar site) then copy it back to the board here. The only issue I have is not being able to resize it with the tablet. Someone with more tech knowledge will hopefully pop in and explain it to us both!

Again thanks for the updates and enjoy your stay. I'll look forward to your thoughts after you return home!

Liz

12 days until I glue myself to the Boardwalk Bakery display case! :hourglass

Thank you for the beer info! :drinking1

I have never mastered posting directly from a device to the boards. Since they were changed it might be possible. I always upload to photobucket (or similar site) then copy it back to the board here. The only issue I have is not being able to resize it with the tablet. Someone with more tech knowledge will hopefully pop in and explain it to us both!

Again thanks for the updates and enjoy your stay. I'll look forward to your thoughts after you return home!

Liz

12 days until I glue myself to the Boardwalk Bakery display case! :hourglass
I am excited to read both of your reviews...and see pics!! I'm definitely NOT an expert (my 11 yr old is more tech savvy than I) but I do know that posting photos is MUCH easier now. When you are writing a comment, there is a button to "upload a file" and you can post a photo directly from your device instead of having to use photobucket, etc. I posted some from my iPad once that were too large so I just cropped the photo, saved the image, and it let me post. I didn't know this would work, but it did for me. I've never had a problem with photo size when posting from my phone. I hope this helps because I want to see those pics:) !!! BTW, speaking of Boardwalk Bakery, I was looking at pics online and could have sworn I saw the pecan sticky buns they used to serve at GF CL. I would love to know if they have those. It may be wishful thinking, but GF had to get them from somewhere, right??

I am excited to read both of your reviews...and see pics!! I'm definitely NOT an expert (my 11 yr old is more tech savvy than I) but I do know that posting photos is MUCH easier now. When you are writing a comment, there is a button to "upload a file" and you can post a photo directly from your device instead of having to use photobucket, etc. I posted some from my iPad once that were too large so I just cropped the photo, saved the image, and it let me post. I didn't know this would work, but it did for me. I've never had a problem with photo size when posting from my phone. I hope this helps because I want to see those pics:) !!! BTW, speaking of Boardwalk Bakery, I was looking at pics online and could have sworn I saw the pecan sticky buns they used to serve at GF CL. I would love to know if they have those. It may be wishful thinking, but GF had to get them from somewhere, right??

I think they ARE the same. DH commented on it last night. He says I enjoy the planning as much as the trip but whenever I run across something new, he is constantly taking the iPad away to read it!

I subscribed to Disney Food Blog which is focusing on F&W right now. Lots of new things happening if anyone is planning a trip then. It also has reviews of the new places opening in the parks and DTD. This actually has turned into a snack trip!

And thanks for the tip on posting pictures! I see the camera and the disc icons now. I'll try it out (I'll have to hit the GF boards since those are the only ones I have atm!)

Liz

Silly kids!!! Dong the single digit dance for you! :dance3:

Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing your pics! :goodvibes

Liz

Sooo..did you pack yet!!???

We got our rooms for $199 per night, so on this trip the CL would still be significantly higher. But one of these trips I'll make it work out :-)

Wow great rate! Bet it wasone of those "magical" deals...:thumbsup2 I think that standard rooms at the BWI are very nice! So many good dining and entertainment options right close by!

I am looking forward to them too! :goodvibes and I totally agree....posting pics is much easier now...:thumbsup2....OH wait until you get to spend some time in that BW bakery...soooo many delicious choices!::yes:::mickeybar

I think they ARE the same. DH commented on it last night. He says I enjoy the planning as much as the trip but whenever I run across something new, he is constantly taking the iPad away to read it!

I subscribed to Disney Food Blog which is focusing on F&W right now. Lots of new things happening if anyone is planning a trip then. It also has reviews of the new places opening in the parks and DTD. This actually has turned into a snack trip!

And thanks for the tip on posting pictures! I see the camera and the disc icons now. I'll try it out (I'll have to hit the GF boards since those are the only ones I have atm!)

Liz

Liz I am always reading the DFB too...hey there's a surprise right??? lol....Thanks for the F&W info....they always have excellent ideas and reviews...A snack trip sounds just right....Cause we both know what it's all about! ;) Looking forward to your pics....They really are not hard to post...Have a great trip!!!

I have been poking around on touring plans...checking out room views...lots of nice options....:flower:

I just booked our Club Level room here for October 2 to 4. It's just my son and I this trip celebrating his 10th birthday on October 10th. We'll be at All Star Music with friends from September 28th to October 2nd. So excited to be Club level first time and first time at BWI and first time in the Epcot area. So many firsts!

I just booked our Club Level room here for October 2 to 4. It's just my son and I this trip celebrating his 10th birthday on October 10th. We'll be at All Star Music with friends from September 28th to October 2nd. So excited to be Club level first time and first time at BWI and first time in the Epcot area. So many firsts!
That's going to be a great birthday trip for your son. The Epcot area is my favorite.

Happy planning!

We've booked for 2 weeks next year with free dining. I need some advice on room requests. How do I go about room requests? We booked through a third party so I don't know whether that affects anything?

Also, would anyone have a suggestion on where to request? We have just booked a standard room, so we are unsure of where actually counts as an option, as most places seem to be garden or water view, so I think we are short on choices. We reckon that there is no point asking for any areas that fall under anything other than standard we won't get them, as we are staying for 2 weeks, it's peak time, and we aren't the kind of people that get offered upgrades.

Last time we had an amazing location within 30 seconds of the actual boardwalk, about three doors down from the lounge (I forget the room number even though I looked it up last night!), with a king instead of two queens. We overlooked the entrance, or at least would have if we didn't have the roof of the walkway blocking our view of everything except people's feet and a small slice of sky. Are there any standard rooms that are better than this? If somebody could suggest a king room, with similar location and a balcony where there isn't an obstruction a foot away it would be really appreciated.

We've booked for 2 weeks next year with free dining. I need some advice on room requests. How do I go about room requests? We booked through a third party so I don't know whether that affects anything?

Also, would anyone have a suggestion on where to request? We have just booked a standard room, so we are unsure of where actually counts as an option, as most places seem to be garden or water view, so I think we are short on choices. We reckon that there is no point asking for any areas that fall under anything other than standard we won't get them, as we are staying for 2 weeks, it's peak time, and we aren't the kind of people that get offered upgrades.

Last time we had an amazing location within 30 seconds of the actual boardwalk, about three doors down from the lounge (I forget the room number even though I looked it up last night!), with a king instead of two queens. We overlooked the entrance, or at least would have if we didn't have the roof of the walkway blocking our view of everything except people's feet and a small slice of sky. Are there any standard rooms that are better than this? If somebody could suggest a king room, with similar location and a balcony where there isn't an obstruction a foot away it would be really appreciated.
Congratulations on getting free dining. Two weeks sounds fantastic.

Standard views are courtyard, quiet pool, or front of the resort. I'm not sure how many rooms have a king bed though. I would put in your request through your agent. You can request upper or lower floor too. Put them in order of preference also.

Like Mexi said, your biggest issue will be the king bed. Like all WDW resorts, there aren't a lot of them. So that will limit your available rooms. The best standard view is the one Kook always says, high floor "Epcot" view (which gives a view over the other buildings, not a clear view per se), or high floor courtyard view. But I don't know if any of those views also have a king. And yes, you would put the request in through your agent. Good luck!!

Looking for input/opinions/sell me on Boardwalk
I was looking around at availability for our trip here in a couple of weeks.
We are currently booked for 8 nights Standard Room at Poly (we have never stayed at Poly)
I just noticed that I can stay Club Level at Boardwalk for pretty much the same costs we have a Standard room at Poly.
We've never stayed at Boardwalk. We have stayed at Yacht Club and we do like the area
Unsure about the "Scary Clown Pool", and we do plan to spend time at the pool/breaks in the Resort every day
We do love Club Level stays. We got a lot of use out of the AKL Club level on our trip last summer so I'm pretty sure we'd use it at Boardwalk too
Our park time is split pretty evenly among all parks. So location is probably a wash.
We use Disney transportation and have no stroller
Would you stay at Poly or give Boardwalk a chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter