Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I am so excited we are staying BWI CL in a deluxe room. This will be our second stay at BWI. This time we will be traveling with my in-laws and my parents so we have 2 separate rooms. We will be there 6/6-6/13!

Our Magic Bands arrived yesterday and after 3 years of planning this is finally happening!!

I'm still waiting for my magic bands to finish customization and we leave 6/1. Should I be calling and trying to get the process rolling?

We arrive in 10 days for our 3rd stay at Boardwalk. Arriving may 21 and leave may 26. Looking forward to 24 hour event and clown pool(never had chance to use pool on other trips)

Hi! We just enjoyed our first BWV stay April 28-May 1. First of all, we loved the location and the room. We were in 4054-a studio villa. It was a quick walk to the elevator, then walk out to the pool or walking path to HS, or walk to the front to be right on the boardwalk. The only disappointment was that our balcony had the solid front instead of the railed front, so we had to stand if we wanted to have a nice view! It was big, though, so I still enjoyed sitting out there in the morning with my tea! When standing, we could see TofT at HS, a peak at the pool slide (we had a tree right there), and part of the Swan.

As far as the parking situation, they did have one lot (BWI side) completely closed and there were a lot of trailers in there--they looked like construction trailers to me. We parked in the self-parking lot right near the guard gate. It was a bit of a walk to the lobby, but besides carting our luggage at check-in and check-out, we only drove to AK once, so it wasn't a big deal. I do agree with a poster on another thread that said the valet parking and self-parking should be switched for the time being so that it's a little closer for self-parkers. You have to walk past the valet parking to get to self-parking and the valets have their carts to get them back and forth! I did not see any road paving going on as some people have indicated as the reason for the closed lot, but that doesn't mean they weren't doing it elsewhere on property.

We've stayed at POP, BC, and all mods except POR, and I do believe BW has now become our favorite! I'm looking into renting points for our next stay, but I think I'm too late! Looks like December will probably be POR. This was a bonus trip for us since we had airline credit that needed to be used. Now we will probably go back to what has become an annual pre-Christmas trip to the World!

This thread was great to get ready for this trip, so thanks to all for the great info! If I can answer questions, feel free to ask. It was a short trip and we didn't spend too much time at the resort, but I 'd be happy to answer any questions I can!

Thank you for posting about your stay and offering to answer questions. I hope you get to book another trip soon.

I am so excited in one week from today I will be there!! I am trying to get packing done between work and day to day stuff. And not pack too early stuff we may need before then...... Plus I am ordering gatorade to get sent to the hotel and need to figure out how long it will take to ship but not sit there too long waiting for me.

It's probably too late now, but the HESS right across the street sells Gatorade as well as the General Store. You might want to compare the total price. Since it's a convention resort, they charge a surcharge to deliver packages to BWI/BWV.

Just got back from our trip - and we got a little Disney magic at the outset when we were upgraded from a standard studio to a pool/preferred one bedroom! We were in 2090 - the pool was a little noisy during the day but our kid didn't nap anyway. We really liked being on the same floor as the lobby - even though we weren't super close to the elevators it didn't matter. All in all a terrific trip and we loved the atmosphere at the BWV.
Really nice upgrade and welcome back.

tried searching, but could not seem to find...when you get off the elevator to the rooms at BW (no the villas), do the room numbers go up or down? Trying to pick a room for a request. Last trip we did not have a very good balcony (boardwalk view but it was recessed which cut off a lot of the view) and I would like to do better this time.
Bumping your question.

I am so excited we are staying BWI CL in a deluxe room. This will be our second stay at BWI. This time we will be traveling with my in-laws and my parents so we have 2 separate rooms. We will be there 6/6-6/13!

Our Magic Bands arrived yesterday and after 3 years of planning this is finally happening!!

How exciting! I'll add your dates to the Boardwalk Bulletin and I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation:)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! :flower1:

:)

I'm still waiting for my magic bands to finish customization and we leave 6/1. Should I be calling and trying to get the process rolling?

In your MDX account, it should have an alert when your MBs are shipped. Is that not there? Does it still show you have X amount of time left for customization or has that expired?Cookiecamilla reported that she arrives 6/6 and her MBs arrived Saturday.

We arrive in 10 days for our 3rd stay at Boardwalk. Arriving may 21 and leave may 26. Looking forward to 24 hour event and clown pool(never had chance to use pool on other trips)

Welcome to the thread! I'll add your dates to the log and I hope you have a magical trip.

Last edited:

I arrive 6/2 and received my magic bands last week. I would call. I know there are some errors that can cause the bands to show as still customizing indefinitely until you clear it up.

I am looking at the map for BWV and I only see an elevator near the lobby area. Is that the only one and are there steps at other locations that allow you to get out of the hotel without having to use the elevators?

I am looking at the map for BWV and I only see an elevator near the lobby area. Is that the only one and are there steps at other locations that allow you to get out of the hotel without having to use the elevators?

Yes, that's the only elevator. Poor design. (They even admitted that recently.) On the villa side there are stairs that bring you out, but not to the BW itself. The closest one lets you out by the Wyland galleries. On the far side, there is one around the back from Jellyrolls. There are also stairs by the pool, by the parking lot, and down at the end going towards DHS.

Yes, that's the only elevator. Poor design. (They even admitted that recently.) On the villa side there are stairs that bring you out, but not to the BW itself. The closest one lets you out by the Wyland galleries. On the far side, there is one around the back from Jellyrolls. There are also stairs by the pool, by the parking lot, and down at the end going towards DHS.
Thanks for the reply. We are in a standard studio so I was hoping we wouldn't have to walk all the way to the elevators near the lobby every time we want to leave the resort.

Thanks for the reply. We are in a standard studio so I was hoping we wouldn't have to walk all the way to the elevators near the lobby every time we want to leave the resort.
On the standard side, people say there are stairs across from the bus stop, which might be helpful. I dont know where they are exactly, though. We've never used them.

On the standard side, people say there are stairs across from the bus stop, which might be helpful. I dont know where they are exactly, though. We've never used them.
I don't remember the room numbers that are the last ones down at the end of the wing..I think 1125 & 2125 & so on...That is at the southernmost end of the standard wing facing the lil pond/parking lot. It leads you right out there literally a 2 or 3 minute walk.... It's convenient to get to HS as well.

I called about my bands and they were no help. Told me that it's not an issue if it's not a week away. I'm frustrated. But I guess I'm going to wait until a week before our stay and if they still aren't here then I'm gonna be dealing with it. Not like I don't have enough to worry about right now.
Thanks for the advice!

I called about my bands and they were no help. Told me that it's not an issue if it's not a week away. I'm frustrated. But I guess I'm going to wait until a week before our stay and if they still aren't here then I'm gonna be dealing with it. Not like I don't have enough to worry about right now.
Thanks for the advice!

Did you talk to tech support? Or a reservation CM?

I don't remember the room numbers that are the last ones down at the end of the wing..I think 1125 & 2125 & so on...That is at the southernmost end of the standard wing facing the lil pond/parking lot. It leads you right out there literally a 2 or 3 minute walk.... It's convenient to get to HS as well.
Agreed, we have used these stairs several times, very convenient! We almost never use the elevator to exit the resort. Coming back after a very long day however, we do sometimes use it :-). Disney has very fast elevators. Ruins me for all other hotels we stay at.

Can anyone tell me a little about the standard view rooms at the Boardwalk? Are there any located closer to the lobby? Any real bad views? We are contemplating a stay in the fall and while we don't normally book a standard view room at any resort, that's all that is showing for availability with our current discount. This would be a first time stay here for us.

TIA.

Can anyone tell me a little about the standard view rooms at the Boardwalk? Are there any located closer to the lobby? Any real bad views? We are contemplating a stay in the fall and while we don't normally book a standard view room at any resort, that's all that is showing for availability with our current discount. This would be a first time stay here for us.

TIA.

Check out post #3 of this thread for pictures of some of the Standard Views to get an idea. Yes, there are Standard View rooms close to the lobby and yes there are some bad views.

We just arrived back last night from 6 days at the BWI. This was our first stay and we had a great time! The rooms was beautiful with two different balconies on a corner room. Loved the high ceilings and the king bed we were given! I felt the room was nicer than our past rooms at the GF and BC. The Luna Pool was fun and never crowded. So glad we tried a new resort and the walk to DHS was perfection as well as Epcot!

totally lame question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. (an it probably reveals how often I stay in a hotel!)
Do you need to bring towels from your room down to the pool or are there towels there for you to use?
cheers!

totally lame question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. (an it probably reveals how often I stay in a hotel!)
Do you need to bring towels from your room down to the pool or are there towels there for you to use?
cheers!

There are large bins of towels at the pool for your use :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter