Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Quick question that I haven't seen addressed (unless I missed it) - when looking to book new reservations at BWI/BWV there is a disclaimer coming up about parking, that self parking may not be available for resort guests, that valet may be your only option, or that there may not be parking at all. Are they staging construction equipment or something in the lot? BW has a huge lot (I've had to park out by the guard shack before, lol) and I have never seen this kind of disclaimer pop up before when looking at reservations. I don't do valet (I don't let anyone drive my car but me), so I want to be prepared if something is going on during my September trip. Thanks!

Off BWI topic, but thought I would ask here...first tome coming since magic bands, just got my card tix in the mail today. Didn't expect these- thought I would just get the bands. It looks like the tix are linked to my bands on-line. Do the cards just have the ticket info on them? When will I need these cards if the bands have everything?
TY

Do you mean KTTW cards or paper tix? Are they AP vouchers that you have to exchange upon arrival? Did you also receive MBs?

Just 97 days until we check-in at BWI!!! Which means just 103 days until our SeaBreeze Point wedding!

:yay:

31 days to go until BWV again! :flower1:

It's almost time!

New here and I'm sorry if this has already been asked. This is our first time going to the BWV and we just heard about the renovations going on. For you folks in-the-know, is there a chance that we might be able to get a refurbished one-bedroom at the end of August? We booked a 1 bedroom standard view. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

No problem asking questions here. Yes, some one-bedrooms are done and more will be done by the time you arrive. To increase your chances of getting one, make sure you add a request for a "rehabbed villa" to your reservation by calling whomever you made your reservation through.

Quick question that I haven't seen addressed (unless I missed it) - when looking to book new reservations at BWI/BWV there is a disclaimer coming up about parking, that self parking may not be available for resort guests, that valet may be your only option, or that there may not be parking at all. Are they staging construction equipment or something in the lot? BW has a huge lot (I've had to park out by the guard shack before, lol) and I have never seen this kind of disclaimer pop up before when looking at reservations. I don't do valet (I don't let anyone drive my car but me), so I want to be prepared if something is going on during my September trip. Thanks!

I noticed that, too and like you, assumed it was due to BWV equipment staging, but I have no information on what actually is the reason for the reduced self-parking. We're like you about our cars, so that would concern me, too.

Do you mean KTTW cards or paper tix? Are they AP vouchers that you have to exchange upon arrival? Did you also receive MBs?

They are plastic credit card like- KTTW? Came with receipt indicating the ticket plan purchased. One for each of us. MB aren't due to ship until 5/8 per Disney website. Not APs.

I am very interested to see if anyone knows what is going on? When I booked our trip back in March for June, I did not get this disclaimer. When I logon to the website now I see it. We are driving in and sure as heck have not budgeted for valet parking for our week stay. And I know they have a ton of parking space so why would it be full? Very interesting. Maybe they are redoing/resurfacing the parking lots?

I don't know if this is the reason, but since you mentioned September, it made me think of NFL Sundays. Last year, we were staying at BWV standard view and had the parking lot/ front fountain view. On Sunday, there was a team of parking officials directing and parking cars, including one in the intersection at the bus stop. They were extremely efficient and i could hear them talking over the radios from the balcony. Once they were full, they announced full, all the cars in line were re-directed, the traffic returned to normal, and the team disappeared.

I don't know if this is the reason, but since you mentioned September, it made me think of NFL Sundays. Last year, we were staying at BWV standard view and had the parking lot/ front fountain view. On Sunday, there was a team of parking officials directing and parking cars, including one in the intersection at the bus stop. They were extremely efficient and i could hear them talking over the radios from the balcony. Once they were full, they announced full, all the cars in line were re-directed, the traffic returned to normal, and the team disappeared.

I don't think it's for a specific event. I see the disclaimer coming up when looking at availability for the next two to three weeks (was mulling over the idea of a last minute weekend trip before F&G ends). But since there isn't an end date, I was concerned that it could impact the trip I already have booked for September. One thing in my favor is that once I get my car parked at the resort, it doesn't move until it's time to check out - so once I have a space I won't have to worry. But on arrival day I usually don't get there until around 5pm - so I didn't know if my timing combined with limited parking could cause a problem. Whatever happens I won't be valet parking. I'd rather sit in my car in the lot driving around for hours than let those people park my car. I've seen how they drive . . . . . .

I don't think it's for a specific event. I see the disclaimer coming up when looking at availability for the next two to three weeks (was mulling over the idea of a last minute weekend trip before F&G ends). But since there isn't an end date, I was concerned that it could impact the trip I already have booked for September. One thing in my favor is that once I get my car parked at the resort, it doesn't move until it's time to check out - so once I have a space I won't have to worry. But on arrival day I usually don't get there until around 5pm - so I didn't know if my timing combined with limited parking could cause a problem. Whatever happens I won't be valet parking. I'd rather sit in my car in the lot driving around for hours than let those people park my car. I've seen how they drive . . . . . .

I have read on other threads here that they are repaving the BW parking lots, so parking capacity is temporarily reduced. I don't know how long it takes to pave all the lots there, but I wouldn't think more than a couple weeks. I think I also read that while they were repaving the main lot in front of the conference building, people staying at the BW were able to park in the valet lot. If you do some searches you should be able to find the threads.
Denise

That makes sense. I hadn't seen anything about a repaving job. I would hope it would be done by September :)

Anyone know if there a specific site or thread to follow that gives the latest refurb updates being done at the BWVs?

Hi! We just enjoyed our first BWV stay April 28-May 1. First of all, we loved the location and the room. We were in 4054-a studio villa. It was a quick walk to the elevator, then walk out to the pool or walking path to HS, or walk to the front to be right on the boardwalk. The only disappointment was that our balcony had the solid front instead of the railed front, so we had to stand if we wanted to have a nice view! It was big, though, so I still enjoyed sitting out there in the morning with my tea! When standing, we could see TofT at HS, a peak at the pool slide (we had a tree right there), and part of the Swan.

As far as the parking situation, they did have one lot (BWI side) completely closed and there were a lot of trailers in there--they looked like construction trailers to me. We parked in the self-parking lot right near the guard gate. It was a bit of a walk to the lobby, but besides carting our luggage at check-in and check-out, we only drove to AK once, so it wasn't a big deal. I do agree with a poster on another thread that said the valet parking and self-parking should be switched for the time being so that it's a little closer for self-parkers. You have to walk past the valet parking to get to self-parking and the valets have their carts to get them back and forth! I did not see any road paving going on as some people have indicated as the reason for the closed lot, but that doesn't mean they weren't doing it elsewhere on property.

We've stayed at POP, BC, and all mods except POR, and I do believe BW has now become our favorite! I'm looking into renting points for our next stay, but I think I'm too late! Looks like December will probably be POR. This was a bonus trip for us since we had airline credit that needed to be used. Now we will probably go back to what has become an annual pre-Christmas trip to the World!

This thread was great to get ready for this trip, so thanks to all for the great info! If I can answer questions, feel free to ask. It was a short trip and we didn't spend too much time at the resort, but I 'd be happy to answer any questions I can!

I'm alternating about being excited about trying out BWI in a month with being scared of the clown slide. I actually can't wait to try the slide myself, but I am a little creeped out about being shot out of that mouth. LOL.

I do have a couple of questions about the pool, well specifically the clown slide. Is there an age or height restriction? How deep is the water where the pool lets out? Can an adult lurk near the bottom of the slide? Are life vests allowed? My 5 1/2 year old is a new independent swimmer and I'd like to be at the bottom of the slide the first time he goes down, if possible. If not, it's no big deal. Me standing there would be more for me than him. :blush:

I did go to the pool last week (by myself!) just to do the slide. It's a long slide and a good one! I am sure your 5 1/2 year old would be allowed--I saw young children go down the slide. I'm not sure about you waiting at the bottom. It's probably ok. I'm glad some kids came up when I first got there. There's a traffic light at the slide indicating when you can go (green means go!). I guess I was kind of self conscious about being an adult going on the slide without any kids and I totally missed the light until the kids pointed it out to me!! About the clown theme--I didn't feel that it was obvious when you are right there.
I think the water was probably about 4 feet deep, but I'm not positive.

I am so excited in one week from today I will be there!! I am trying to get packing done between work and day to day stuff. And not pack too early stuff we may need before then...... Plus I am ordering gatorade to get sent to the hotel and need to figure out how long it will take to ship but not sit there too long waiting for me.

I'm alternating about being excited about trying out BWI in a month with being scared of the clown slide. I actually can't wait to try the slide myself, but I am a little creeped out about being shot out of that mouth. LOL.

I do have a couple of questions about the pool, well specifically the clown slide. Is there an age or height restriction? How deep is the water where the pool lets out? Can an adult lurk near the bottom of the slide? Are life vests allowed? My 5 1/2 year old is a new independent swimmer and I'd like to be at the bottom of the slide the first time he goes down, if possible. If not, it's no big deal. Me standing there would be more for me than him. :blush:
The lifeguards don't allow anyone to stand at the bottom of the slide to catch someone sliding down. They need to keep the bottom of the slide free so no one slides into someone standing there. Otherwise, multiple guests can get injured.

Just got back from our trip - and we got a little Disney magic at the outset when we were upgraded from a standard studio to a pool/preferred one bedroom! We were in 2090 - the pool was a little noisy during the day but our kid didn't nap anyway. We really liked being on the same floor as the lobby - even though we weren't super close to the elevators it didn't matter. All in all a terrific trip and we loved the atmosphere at the BWV.

tried searching, but could not seem to find...when you get off the elevator to the rooms at BW (no the villas), do the room numbers go up or down? Trying to pick a room for a request. Last trip we did not have a very good balcony (boardwalk view but it was recessed which cut off a lot of the view) and I would like to do better this time.

Is Village Green standard or garden/pool view through DVC?

It's pool/garden view. The standard views are all of the rooms on the parking lot side of the wing that heads down towards Hollywood Studios. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter