Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Question on Garden Grocer delivery - if we check in Saturday morning, is there any way I can get my delivery since the convention center is closed?

Thank you! So appreciate all the great information.

BWI does have the screens and the photo below was taken just a few weeks ago. It was very handy to have.

View attachment 112769

They do have bus screens but they stopped working Monday and were not working when we left yesterday. The bus is shared with Swan/Dolphin with the exception of Downtown Disney / Tyhpoon Lagoon, which adds Beach and Yacht clubs. I don't recall waiting more than 5 minutes for a bus at the Boardwalk pickup.

Liz, I am so sorry about your pictures! We will all be fine with whatever pictures you took, but I'm so sorry you won't have them for yourself:( On the bright side, you gave a great summary of the CL offerings (which sound fantastic), and I'm so excited to hear how pleased you both were with BWI! It sounds like you had a great trip:) Safe travels going home!

I was almost in tears when I realized what I had done!

Our room was directly across from the club and we were not disturbed by boardwalk noise or people coming / going to the club. King bed with a boardwalk view! What an incredible room! The boat horns were barely audible and didn't bother DH during his afternoon naps (while I was taking lots of pictures with an empty camera /sigh).

The staff were always happy and went above and beyond to make guests happy. Lorenzo, Mary, Pete, Michael, Grace, Claudia and all of you! :grouphug: Thanks for making our stay so wonderful!

The only person I saw who wasn't completely happy was someone requesting a refund on their dining plan because they missed a meal! :confused3

As for the sticky bun at Boardwalk Bakery, it's not the same; good but not the same.

We started our anniversary day with a visit to DTD and a boat trip to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.

We also visited Olivia's at Old Key West. We shared conch fritters and the Key Lime tart. Both were delicious! It wasn't crowded and we just walked up and were seated!

Our anniversary dinner at Shula's exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic and the service comparable to Queen Victoria Room at V&A! I highly recommend this for special dinners!

We caught the boat over to Hollywood Studios and watched a bit of the frozen sing- along. Pretty much the whole park was in that area so we wandered over to Star Tours and did several walk ons since there was zero wait!

Tuesday we had a reservation at Spice Road a Table in Epcot at 8:10 for an illuminations view. It was raining and we weren't sure if it would be cancelled but went any way! We had a water side table with a perfect view! The fried humus fries were my favorite but their chairs were VERY uncomfortable. The food was great but I couldn't sit there much longer than I did! The convenience to EPCOT Boardwalk Inn has is the only thing that stopped us from canceling.

Just a bit more to come later on!

Liz

Question on Garden Grocer delivery - if we check in Saturday morning, is there any way I can get my delivery since the convention center is closed?

Thank you! So appreciate all the great information.

GG delivers to bell services, not to the convention center. We often check in on weekends and our GG delivery is always fine. (I'm assuming you're staying at the BWI or BWV and not just there for a conference. I don't believe they'll accept a grocery delivery for someone who is not a registered guest.)

Yes, staying at BWV. Great news.

Thank you for your quick reply!

GG delivers to bell services, not to the convention center. We often check in on weekends and our GG delivery is always fine. (I'm assuming you're staying at the BWI or BWV and not just there for a conference. I don't believe they'll accept a grocery delivery for someone who is not a registered guest.)

We started our anniversary day with a visit to DTD and a boat trip to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.

We also visited Olivia's at Old Key West. We shared conch fritters and the Key Lime tart. Both were delicious! It wasn't crowded and we just walked up and were seated!

Our anniversary dinner at Shula's exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic and the service comparable to Queen Victoria Room at V&A! I highly recommend this for special dinners!

So sorry to hear about your camera, and happy to hear about your excellent trip. We have done that boat ride as well - SSR to DTD to OKW - as a relaxing day. We's also done to boat ride to POR and walked up for some beignets. Yöu did find some good restaurants - Olivia's and Shula's. Shula's service and steaks were amazing. Olivia's is good food for both breakfast and dinner, and has a lower price tag that many Disney restaurants as well.

When I booked on the Disney website, an advisory message popped up about limited self-parking. I'm checking in next Wed (8/5), and will have a car. Has anyone experienced issues with finding a space in the self-parking recently?

Just returned early this morning from another great trip to the BWI.

We were in 3238 just below the club lounge. I loved that we had a huge area with couches and chairs just outside of our room. My girls sat out there sometimes when they needed to escape the parents for a while. Our room seemed a little bigger to me too.

Saw the high Illuminations fireworks one night from our balcony. That was nice.

The bus screens were working the 2 mornings we used the bus (Monday and Wednesday) and I loved knowing when it would arrive.

I'm having trouble posting pics from my phone so I'll try later if I get it to cooperate.

Wasn't happy with the first part of our trip to POR. We gave it another shot and decided it's just not us. For now on we are only GF, BWI, YC, or BC.

My wife and I are arriving on Monday for a short 20th anniversary trip. This will be our first time staying at BWI, We are DVC members and have stayed in the villas on a number of occasions. We want to get a room with a decent view, but would like to be on one of the higher floors. We would like to be close to one of the quiet pools, but also maybe have a room were we could see some fireworks at night. Any Advice on which rooms to request, Not looking for a particular room, but a section would be nice. I plan on calling tomorrow to put in our request. I also know that not all request can be meet. But I can at least let the CM know what we are looking for. Thanks for the help.

My wife and I are arriving on Monday for a short 20th anniversary trip. This will be our first time staying at BWI, We are DVC members and have stayed in the villas on a number of occasions. We want to get a room with a decent view, but would like to be on one of the higher floors. We would like to be close to one of the quiet pools, but also maybe have a room were we could see some fireworks at night. Any Advice on which rooms to request, Not looking for a particular room, but a section would be nice. I plan on calling tomorrow to put in our request. I also know that not all request can be meet. But I can at least let the CM know what we are looking for. Thanks for the help.
Happy anniversary! I would request high floor facing epcot. I think they assign rooms a few days before your trip so I would call today.

Have a great trip!

Thanks, Kook, for the reply! By the way, I have enjoyed this BWI thread for a couple of years now, so I appreciate all your hard work. I think I was ambiguous with my original question. This is actually what I mean (see picture): the only category showing up as available for 1/23-1/30 2016 is "standard view" i.e., no boardwalk/water view or club level rooms available. I was just wondering if there was a planned rehab of those categories for that week (I thought that was concluded now), or perhaps there's a glitch on the website. I've checked ever since the 2016 dates became available (looked very first day available) and none of these categories have ever been available for this week.

I did a quick 1 night stay search for every night of that week (thinking maybe it was full for Saturday night at the tail end of MLKJr week), and it appears the problem is surprisingly Sunday 1/24. When I search 1/24-1/25 no categories show up, but every other night of that week shows availability in every category.

That's great to know you've enjoyed the thread. Rehabs have already occurred at BWI and only BWV is undergoing a rehab. I'm sorry, but IDK what would be taking up all the CL and BWV rooms that week. But, if 1/24 is the problem, it could be a wedding or other event/convention which has blocked off many of those rooms. But, don't give up, people cancel all the time.

Sorry about the lack of updates. We stayed more busy than I anticipated!

Let me get the bad news out of the way first: I blew it! I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera after uploading those first pictures. I spend 4 days taking pictures without the card! I've uploaded the few I took this morning onto photo bucket so just click the following picture to see what I managed to get. I'll post more Friday from home!

This is the food offerings area. It is small but they really make the most of it!

Morning offerings include oatmeal, charcuterie (ham salami and prosciutto) and cheeses,fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs and 2 types of pastries.

Snack is pictured above and had the make your own trail mix, 2 types of tea sandwiches ( made with fresh basil!) fruit and chips and cookies.

The tea sandwiches were out from 11:30 to 4.

Evenings included a soup (tomato basil and cream of potato) vegetarian roll up, and a seafood offering. If I'm remembering correctly, the charcuterie plate was out then too.

Beer and wine were out for serve yourself during this time but you could ask for it any time the staff was there.

The staff was incredible. I'll post more when we are home Friday.

We will be returning to BWI as it is DH new favorite! He has declared all future stays to be split 3 nights monorail area and 4 nights BWI!

Liz

Great update, Liz and no apologies here, please, you're on vacation! Four days must have made for way too many invisible photos. UGH. DH once did this with a film camera back when our DD was born in '98. The film wasn't threaded properly and we ended up with no photos of DD in the NICU/hospital.

Hope you get to book your new favorite again soon!

BWI does have the screens and the photo below was taken just a few weeks ago. It was very handy to have.

View attachment 112769

Thank you for the photo. I'm going to add it to the TRANSPORTATION chapter soon:)

They do have bus screens but they stopped working Monday and were not working when we left yesterday. The bus is shared with Swan/Dolphin with the exception of Downtown Disney / Tyhpoon Lagoon, which adds Beach and Yacht clubs. I don't recall waiting more than 5 minutes for a bus at the Boardwalk pickup.

I was almost in tears when I realized what I had done!

Our room was directly across from the club and we were not disturbed by boardwalk noise or people coming / going to the club. King bed with a boardwalk view! What an incredible room! The boat horns were barely audible and didn't bother DH during his afternoon naps (while I was taking lots of pictures with an empty camera /sigh).

The staff were always happy and went above and beyond to make guests happy. Lorenzo, Mary, Pete, Michael, Grace, Claudia and all of you! :grouphug: Thanks for making our stay so wonderful!

The only person I saw who wasn't completely happy was someone requesting a refund on their dining plan because they missed a meal! :confused3

As for the sticky bun at Boardwalk Bakery, it's not the same; good but not the same.

We caught the boat over to Hollywood Studios and watched a bit of the frozen sing- along. Pretty much the whole park was in that area so we wandered over to Star Tours and did several walk ons since there was zero wait!

Tuesday we had a reservation at Spice Road a Table in Epcot at 8:10 for an illuminations view. It was raining and we weren't sure if it would be cancelled but went any way! We had a water side table with a perfect view! The fried humus fries were my favorite but their chairs were VERY uncomfortable. The food was great but I couldn't sit there much longer than I did! The convenience to EPCOT Boardwalk Inn has is the only thing that stopped us from canceling.

Just a bit more to come later on!

Liz

Thank you for posting all of your photos. I will get around soon to posting them to the CL chapter:). Loved your updates and review.

When I booked on the Disney website, an advisory message popped up about limited self-parking. I'm checking in next Wed (8/5), and will have a car. Has anyone experienced issues with finding a space in the self-parking recently?

So far, everyone who has posted about parking has reported that there weren't any shortages or issues with self-parking.

The quiet pool is in the garden area that has the Epcot view:)

Under 2 weeks to go now..Anticipation is Building tremendously.....:goodvibes:banana:

Sorry.I need to do that..LoL:drinking1

WOOHOO! Three weeks from today will be our first full-day so I know how excited you are:)

We've very excited here...we paid off our Fall trip using my Disney Vacation Account - now to see how long it takes for those $20 bonus cards to arrive...has anyone else used this? Seems like a really great deal to me. I know that there is a whole Dis-thread on the DVA, but just thought I'd bring it up here in case someone else has experience with it.

Woo Hoo ----- 74 days until our first BWI and Club Level trip! :yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter