Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Room request question!
It's been a long time since I did a room request and I can't really remember the process (we're there for crazy christmas and new years week so I'm anxious that if I don't get a request in then we'll get a bad room.)

We're in an LMM room so I'd like to request a Block 7, lakeside view, in the wing closest to the main building, preferably not on the ground floor (nothing like being specific! :thumbsup2).

If anyone could remind me of the process then I'd really appreciate it!

Some likes/dislikes:

*Gelato (mixed pumpkin and chocolate- YUM!)
*Make your own pasta
*Every single AoA CM we've interacted with was phenomenal
*Chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake bars
*Amount of space in the Lion King suite- having 2 bathrooms
*Rooms felt quiet - rarely heard doors or people
*Theming - we haven't stayed value in quite a few years and we LOVED it
*Bridge to Pop (got to Epcot bus stop and a Pop bus was beside us, no AoA bus, so we just took the Pop bus and walked over to AoA.)
*Having one bus stop and not sharing with another resort!

Dislikes:
*The suites don't have any way to pop outside (balcony or breezeway) to check the weather temp
*Beds are pretty hard
*Fan in the bathroom is automatic when you walk in and stays on for a while, so if you have to use the restroom in the night the fan comes on and disrupts others.
*Breakfast - they say they offer breakfast through 11:30, but we got there at 10:15 and many of the items were no longer available and the pancakes were cold and looked like they'd been sitting for an hour.

Buses have been hit or miss. We haven't had one case in which we waited less than 20 minutes and the bus situation leaving MK is nuts, but it hasn't been too bad!

Note - If you're staying in a Nemo suite - the parking is all on one side of the resort bc of the lake, so you could potentially be hauling your luggage a decent way through the resort and pool area if you get one of the further (lake side) rooms.

Some likes/dislikes:

Dislikes:
*The suites don't have any way to pop outside (balcony or breezeway) to check the weather temp
I like to check the weather too!
*Fan in the bathroom is automatic when you walk in and stays on for a while, so if you have to use the restroom in the night the fan comes on and disrupts others.
That is annoying when DH with me but dd will sleep right thru it!

When I stayed at POP last , I took which ever bus left the park first, AOA or POP. The walk across the bridge is special considering how long we had to wait to walk it. We were at POP when it first opened.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

I check into AoA on Dec. 4th (just 10 more days, woooo!). One of my very lovely DIS friends has some things she would like to leave for me at the front desk before she leaves town on Dec. 1st. Does anybody know if the front desk will hold the items for the three days until I arrive? Also, what information would she need to give to the Front Desk at AoA when she drops the stuff off? Is just my name as it appears on my booking going to be sufficient? Or will they also need my confirmation #, etc?

Thanks! :cutie:

I check into AoA on Dec. 4th (just 10 more days, woooo!). One of my very lovely DIS friends has some things she would like to leave for me at the front desk before she leaves town on Dec. 1st. Does anybody know if the front desk will hold the items for the three days until I arrive? Also, what information would she need to give to the Front Desk at AoA when she drops the stuff off? Is just my name as it appears on my booking going to be sufficient? Or will they also need my confirmation #, etc?

Thanks! :cutie:
Maybe she should try to have it "packaged up" and leave with bell services. You would need a copy of the "ticket" they give to pick it up but she could take a picture of it and send to you. I would put your name , reservation number and date of arrival on it too.

Oh and a nice tip!

We just got back on Saturday from our 2nd stay at AoA, we stayed at the nemo suites room #4702 it was nice and quiet, we had the AC set to 70 and only the living room area was cold, the master bedroom was hot! Also like a previous poster commented, the automatic fan was very annoying and very loud! DS would sleep with us and woke him up every time one of us had to use the restroom.

I had ordered groceries from garden grocer 2 weeks prior to our arrival, I got a txt message at around 10am saying my groceries were delivered to our resort, we checked it at 1pm and didn't call the front desk until 1:30-2 and they couldn't find my order from garden grocer, I had to call garden grocer to make sure they delivered them to right place and yes they did. I called the front desk to double check and they said they couldn't find anything, so once again I called garden grocer and they said they would call the front desk themselves. About 10mins later I got a call from garden grocer saying the resort found my items, so I called the front desk again at around 2:30 and they apologized they said they don't know what happened, but someone was going to bring us our groceries in a few minutes. It was very frustrating!

Good to know about the fan in the bathroom. I bought some glow necklaces and that should do the trick. We shouldn't have to turn the light on in the middle the night !

Ok we're 9 days out........just recieved email from Disney getting us all excited for our stay at AoA. While reading email I noticed that they stated our room had 2 double beds! :scared:.....well that really won't work.

We've got a LM room and I've done Did Online checkin.......and there is no place to request a bed style...............so I called Disney. Gotta very nice CM "Rose" who took my request and assured me it wouldn't impact my Online Check-in.

As anyone had the king bed in the LM rooms at AoA..? What do ya think my chances are?

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
There are some rooms with King sized beds. They are usually reserved for people who have special needs but if not needed for that purpose, you can be assigned one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter