Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Good to know about the fan in the bathroom. I bought some glow necklaces and that should do the trick. We shouldn't have to turn the light on in the middle the night !
The fan is indepdendent of the light. I always take a night light on every vacation so my eyes don't wake up from having to turn on a light if I have to go during the night. We had our night light and the fan still kicked on every time someone entered the bathroom.

So can anyone else report that the bedroom in the suites are hot? Thats a concern.
I know there have been varying reports....I felt it got hot but my husband didn't. Haha! I guess it depends on your idea of hot!

So, it's not booked but we just decided on a LM room (instead of an All Stars) for our next trip. (I wanted to rent points again but we need some more flexibility). We'll be going down next November (11 months to go!) but I have a few questions?

-We'll be on DDP so I know we get refillable mugs. How far a hike is it from the LM rooms? Should we bring drinks to keep in the room or will it be quick/easy enough after a long day in the park or first thing in the morning to get to the Food Court
-We won't have a car. Do Pop and AoA share buses at slow times or each have their own?
-Any chance of a cheaper upgrade at check in to a family suite when we arrive? Are pixie dust upgrades common? (There's only two of us so it's not worth the extra cost right now, but I'd love to try one any way)

So, it's not booked but we just decided on a LM room (instead of an All Stars) for our next trip. (I wanted to rent points again but we need some more flexibility). We'll be going down next November (11 months to go!) but I have a few questions?

-We'll be on DDP so I know we get refillable mugs. How far a hike is it from the LM rooms? Should we bring drinks to keep in the room or will it be quick/easy enough after a long day in the park or first thing in the morning to get to the Food Court
-We won't have a car. Do Pop and AoA share buses at slow times or each have their own?
-Any chance of a cheaper upgrade at check in to a family suite when we arrive? Are pixie dust upgrades common? (There's only two of us so it's not worth the extra cost right now, but I'd love to try one any way)

1. It will be anywhere between ~300-525 yards from a LM room to the food court (depending on the location of the room). For me, that would be a long walk just to refill a mug -- especially after a full day in the parks. I would most likely drink the entire mug of soda/tea/whatever before I even got back to the room. However, when we had a remotely located room at Pop Century, we used to leave the mugs in a locker in the changing rooms by the pool right behind the main building before we got on the bus in the morning. Then when we returned after a long day at the parks, our mugs were close to the main building and we could refill them before heading to the room. I think it cost us $.75/day at the time. There were never more than 2 or 3 lockers in use any day, so I wasn't preventing anyone from storing their clothing/valuables in a locker if they needed to. I know that there are lockers in the changing rooms by the Big Blue Pool (at the Nemo section) -- I think they might cost $1.00-$1.50 to use now. I don't know what time those locker rooms get locked for the night so if you decide to go that route, you might want to double check on that if you plan to be at the parks until closing.

2. I've heard a few rare instances of Pop & AoA sharing a bus but it was usually just for a random pick-up/drop-off on a random day. I don't think it happens much at all. We've spent 14 days at AoA in the last 3 years and never shared a bus.

3. Can't help with this one as we've always needed a suite to begin with. I have heard of a few people getting a pixie dust upgrade but I haven't heard/read about anyone asking for a discounted upgrade. It never hurts to ask. I would *love* to try a suite with just 2 people in it. :)

1. It will be anywhere between ~300-525 yards from a LM room to the food court (depending on the location of the room). For me, that would be a long walk just to refill a mug -- especially after a full day in the parks. I would most likely drink the entire mug of soda/tea/whatever before I even got back to the room. However, when we had a remotely located room at Pop Century, we used to leave the mugs in a locker in the changing rooms by the pool right behind the main building before we got on the bus in the morning. Then when we returned after a long day at the parks, our mugs were close to the main building and we could refill them before heading to the room. I think it cost us $.75/day at the time. There were never more than 2 or 3 lockers in use any day, so I wasn't preventing anyone from storing their clothing/valuables in a locker if they needed to. I know that there are lockers in the changing rooms by the Big Blue Pool (at the Nemo section) -- I think they might cost $1.00-$1.50 to use now. I don't know what time those locker rooms get locked for the night so if you decide to go that route, you might want to double check on that if you plan to be at the parks until closing.

2. I've heard a few rare instances of Pop & AoA sharing a bus but it was usually just for a random pick-up/drop-off on a random day. I don't think it happens much at all. We've spent 14 days at AoA in the last 3 years and never shared a bus.

3. Can't help with this one as we've always needed a suite to begin with. I have heard of a few people getting a pixie dust upgrade but I haven't heard/read about anyone asking for a discounted upgrade. It never hurts to ask. I would *love* to try a suite with just 2 people in it. :)

Thanks, I think what we'll probably due is have a few "emergency" drinks in the room in case we don't want to hike over to food court. We'll be there for the Wine & Dine half so what's another 300-525 yards, right?

I'm glad to know the buses don't share.

And why'll never expected, I'll plan to just ask about a possible upgrade.

I have a question on the beds at AOA. Are they fairly comfortable? We have someone who needs a good bed

I have a question on the beds at AOA. Are they fairly comfortable? We have someone who needs a good bed
I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the beds. I normally have a hard time sleeping in hotels, but I had no problems there. My husband and I slept on the queen bed in the bedroom and my kids slept on the murphy bed, and everyone slept great. It was probably partly due to the fact that we were tired from walking around all day. That aside, the beds are comfy and they have good pillows too.

Here now and I'm pleasantly surprised at the hotel. My DH loves BC that's his very favorite resort. Even though the larger than life characters on the grounds are "kiddie" the rooms are very nice. The theming within the rooms
Is spot-on just take some time to really look! We are in building one right by the main hall. Room is spotless, no complaints. 5adults in the room and we have plenty of space. I'd stay again, but DH still favors BC!

Quick Review of our Stay 12/04/15-12/07/15:

Room/Resort- 2705 Cars Family Suite
We arrived at around 7pm to AoA. Was about to check in until I saw an email from 3:29pm the read “Your resort room is ready!” located in Building #2. I’ve never been to this resort, but I must say it was extremely easy process to find our room. Buildings were marked well! You actually have to use your magic band to get into the building as this is not the typical outdoor layout like most values/moderates. So make sure you have them ready to go. We took our elevator up to the third floor, and got into our room! The view was just as requested, and amazing (pic below)! We were traveling with 4 teens and 1 adult. We had to call down to mousekeeping for extra towels + soaps & a roll away bed for the male traveling with us. It was up to us within 30 minutes. Our luggage we had to hunt down due to a dinner reservation, but they stayed on top of it & we had it to us within an hour and a half.. they made our room the first drop off which was GREAT! The room was very clean & just absolutely adorable! We walked around the resort a bit, and it does feel a bit busy. So make sure if you’re booking here that you understand it is not a relaxing, laid back resort. Every area was themed very well, I’d say my favourite area hands down was the Cars area.. theming was over the top. My second favourite was the Lion King area.. because it had some minor interactive elements. Room Rating: 7.5/10

IMG_7147.jpg

Beds: I really can’t say too much here..I did find the pull-down bed to be the most comfortable out of the queen bed & the pull out. However, if you’ve stayed in a value, you should know what to expect. I will say that it was much more comfortable than ASMovies. Rating: 4/10

Mouse-Keeping: The only thing I really disliked about mouse-keeping (which is my fault) but it really sucked coming back to all of the beds put away after a long day at the parks. I really wish they’d just make the beds & clean throughout the rest of the room. I also felt like for the amount of people in that room, they didn’t take into consideration how much soap we would’ve needed. However, I don’t blame them because we did not request this. I did walk in on a lady one day, they don’t talk haha! I said hello and she just continued cleaning. I felt so bad haha. We’ve had better mouse-keepers, so maybe a 6/10 here.

Buses: The busses are my favourite part of the trip LOL! Love hearing “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have now arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Please collect your belongings.. “. I thought the bus service was outstanding at AoA. Every-time we needed to catch our bus, it was already there. We had to send a member running to make sure it didn’t leave, but it was great. We only stood once this entire trip, and that was on the way to HS. I for sure think it was the best bus timing we’ve ever had. Rating: 10/10

Food Court: I wish I had more time to eat here, but we were pulling off 14 hour days in the park, so it was impossible to make it happen. We sat down one morning and had breakfast.. I found the cast members EXTREMELY helpful and sweet. I did the ‘make your own yogurt bowl’ & although it was nothing extraordinary, the cast members were very sweet. Same with an iced coffee, they just were above and beyond. Always smiling & make you feel at home. I did enjoy how you ate on real plates, with real silverware and not plastic! No rating here because I wasn’t able to review to its full potential.

Pool: We checked out the big blue pool. All I can say is WOW. I won’t over-hype it, but I must say that the under-water music is the coolest thing I’ve ever experienced at a resort. You felt like you were immersed in another world every-time you went under-water. This pool was a bit crowded, but its completely understandable as to why it would be. Rating: 7.5/10

Overall: I think that this resort was very cute.. the CM’s were very helpful & I really do think this is the best Value out of them all. We even walked over the bridge to Pop during the night, which was pretty cool! This resort is for sure a recommendation if you have young children, or for anybody who enjoys the heavy theming. Would I stay here again? If it was a good deal & a last minute trip.. yes. This value would be my first pick. However, I think this resort was a little to busy for my liking.. and I’d prefer to stay at a moderate for a cheaper price. Very cute, very spacious.. but busy. Overall Resort Rating: 7/10

Hope that helped someone looking to stay here!

Quick Review of our Stay 12/04/15-12/07/15:

Room/Resort- 2705 Cars Family Suite
We arrived at around 7pm to AoA. Was about to check in until I saw an email from 3:29pm the read “Your resort room is ready!” located in Building #2. I’ve never been to this resort, but I must say it was extremely easy process to find our room. Buildings were marked well! You actually have to use your magic band to get into the building as this is not the typical outdoor layout like most values/moderates. So make sure you have them ready to go. We took our elevator up to the third floor, and got into our room! The view was just as requested, and amazing (pic below)! We were traveling with 4 teens and 1 adult. We had to call down to mousekeeping for extra towels + soaps & a roll away bed for the male traveling with us. It was up to us within 30 minutes. Our luggage we had to hunt down due to a dinner reservation, but they stayed on top of it & we had it to us within an hour and a half.. they made our room the first drop off which was GREAT! The room was very clean & just absolutely adorable! We walked around the resort a bit, and it does feel a bit busy. So make sure if you’re booking here that you understand it is not a relaxing, laid back resort. Every area was themed very well, I’d say my favourite area hands down was the Cars area.. theming was over the top. My second favourite was the Lion King area.. because it had some minor interactive elements. Room Rating: 7.5/10

View attachment 139791

Beds: I really can’t say too much here..I did find the pull-down bed to be the most comfortable out of the queen bed & the pull out. However, if you’ve stayed in a value, you should know what to expect. I will say that it was much more comfortable than ASMovies. Rating: 4/10

Mouse-Keeping: The only thing I really disliked about mouse-keeping (which is my fault) but it really sucked coming back to all of the beds put away after a long day at the parks. I really wish they’d just make the beds & clean throughout the rest of the room. I also felt like for the amount of people in that room, they didn’t take into consideration how much soap we would’ve needed. However, I don’t blame them because we did not request this. I did walk in on a lady one day, they don’t talk haha! I said hello and she just continued cleaning. I felt so bad haha. We’ve had better mouse-keepers, so maybe a 6/10 here.

Buses: The busses are my favourite part of the trip LOL! Love hearing “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have now arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Please collect your belongings.. “. I thought the bus service was outstanding at AoA. Every-time we needed to catch our bus, it was already there. We had to send a member running to make sure it didn’t leave, but it was great. We only stood once this entire trip, and that was on the way to HS. I for sure think it was the best bus timing we’ve ever had. Rating: 10/10

Food Court: I wish I had more time to eat here, but we were pulling off 14 hour days in the park, so it was impossible to make it happen. We sat down one morning and had breakfast.. I found the cast members EXTREMELY helpful and sweet. I did the ‘make your own yogurt bowl’ & although it was nothing extraordinary, the cast members were very sweet. Same with an iced coffee, they just were above and beyond. Always smiling & make you feel at home. I did enjoy how you ate on real plates, with real silverware and not plastic! No rating here because I wasn’t able to review to its full potential.

Pool: We checked out the big blue pool. All I can say is WOW. I won’t over-hype it, but I must say that the under-water music is the coolest thing I’ve ever experienced at a resort. You felt like you were immersed in another world every-time you went under-water. This pool was a bit crowded, but its completely understandable as to why it would be. Rating: 7.5/10

Overall: I think that this resort was very cute.. the CM’s were very helpful & I really do think this is the best Value out of them all. We even walked over the bridge to Pop during the night, which was pretty cool! This resort is for sure a recommendation if you have young children, or for anybody who enjoys the heavy theming. Would I stay here again? If it was a good deal & a last minute trip.. yes. This value would be my first pick. However, I think this resort was a little to busy for my liking.. and I’d prefer to stay at a moderate for a cheaper price. Very cute, very spacious.. but busy. Overall Resort Rating: 7/10

Hope that helped someone looking to stay here!

Thank you for your review!! It made me REALLY excited to take our boys there in a month and a half!!

I would *love* to try a suite with just 2 people in it. :)

I have a Cars suite booked for ten days next month, and for all but two I will have the suite to myself (my sister is joining me for two nights mid-trip). I stayed there last January, but had a very bad (bordering on pneumonia) cold and didn't really leave the suite much at all. I was very happy to have the space on that trip, and I'm hoping I stay healthy this time so I can actually explore the resort. I really loved the way the Cars section was themed, and I had a great view of Hourglass Lake (which I've requested this time as well). I agree that bus transportation is very good there. I just got back from a trip at YC to do the holiday stuff and there's just no comparison. I hate taking buses at the Epcot resorts but never seem to have issues at mods and values. Maybe it's because buses are all they've got so they try a little harder? :confused3

Just booked finding nemo for next july!! Is this the closest one to the food court? thanks

great review!! thanks for taking the time so detailed too!!

Yeah! Congratulations on booking! In general, the Finding Nemo and Lion King rooms are about equally close to the food court. If you look at the map in the first post of this thread, the food court is located at the left-hand side of Animation Hall (the side closest to the Lion King section). There are a few rooms in Building 5 of the Nemo section that are super close (~ 50 yards from door-to-door), after that, it's a toss up as to whether the LK rooms or the Nemo rooms are closer -- it all depends on where the specific room is located. The good thing is, all of those rooms (Nemo & LK) are all less than about 250 yards away from the door to the food court so they're all pretty close (plus, if you're located at the far end of the building, at least you can walk inside in the a/c for most of the trek which makes the walk seem even shorter.). We've stayed in a LK suite twice and had less than a 100 yard walk to the food court (which is important to us as we use the refillable mugs a lot.) Next summer we're booked in a Nemo suite and I'm really hoping we're in Bldg 5 because we've been so spoiled by our location in the LK suites that anything more than a 2 minute walk is going to feel like a hike! lol! We have other family members traveling with us who are staying at Pop Century so we wanted to be close to the bridge to make it easy to meet up with them every day and Nemo is the best section for that! We're also looking forward to decor in the Nemo suites -- it's my favorite!

We just got back from an awesome stay at AoA in a cars suite. Our room was 3835 which was top floor, facing the cars courtyard, three rooms down from the stairs that are closest to Animation hall in building 3. I had requested near transportation and highest floor and this definitely fit both requests. When we used the stairs we were no more than 2 minutes from our room to the main building and even walking to the main entrance of building 3 to take the elevator was pretty quick. In wandering the resort I can't say that anywhere seemed too far from Animation Hall- I made a loop one night walking pretty leisurely and even taking the long route back by the lake and it only took me 20 minutes from Cars>Nemo>Lion King> Little Mermaid> back to Animation Hall though granted I didn't go all the way to the furthest reaches of LM before cutting over to the lake.

My only complaint is that nap time was hard because the mousekeepers had to go in and out of the rooms a lot it seemed and the doors are heavy, they slam shut unless you very carefully slow the closing and latching. This limited at least one nap and lead to a cranky kid later that evening. As for the bathroom fan, a folded up piece of paper taped over the vent kept it from kicking on while DD was sleeping in the master bath and then I pulled it off for showers. I just packed some painter's tape from home (so I wouldn't damage any surfaces when I pulled it off) by wrapping it around a pencil and it came in handy for a few different things including the fan sensor.

I loved the theming- even more than I thought I would- I thought the food court was great and the customer service was of the same level that I've received on previous trips at Deluxe hotels. I was a little worried that I had been spoiled by past trips but keeping this last minute trip on a budget and still really enjoying our accommodations makes me want to return to AoA for our next trip too! Having two bathrooms (so we could use one for our light sleeping DD at night and then have two for showers in the morning) was huge, the little kitchenette held all of the groceries we had delivered and there was plenty of space to put away all of our stuff and not feel like we were tripping over it throughout our stay. We took turns getting lunch and dinner once DD was down for a nap or for bed and brought it back to our room. I enjoyed the chicken burger, tandori shrimp, make your own pasta and salad and the soups. They packed them in take out boxes for us and we used trays back to our room which mouskeeping collected for us the next day.

One thing I wished I'd thought of earlier in our trip- hop in a cab if the bus timing isn't going to work for you! For the most part the buses were great and we waited less than 10 minutes, even one morning when there was a huge line for the MK, there were three buses that came one right after the other and a fourth was pulling up as we were loading. One day though, we were leaving the resort later than planned (an interrupted nap that then ran much later than normal) to get to Epcot for our Soarin FP and then on top of that waited 35 minutes for the bus. We missed our FP which was a bummer. The next day we needed to get to the Grand Floridian for 1900 Park Fare and decided to take a cab rather than two different types of transportation and realized when the Epcot bus didn't come right away the day before and we were in a hurry- we should have grabbed a cab then too! Oh well, live and learn. But at least one taxi was always sitting right outside the resort so there was no wait and even all the way to the GF was only $20, Cape May at the Beach Club was $9.50 and the ease and piece of mind of not being late for a reservation was so worth it.

I still really love the WL and BW but I have to add AoA to that list too, it was a really awesome place to stay!

33 days until Lion King Suite. We stayed in Little Mermaid last time which was small and a long hike to the food court and buses. Looking forward to more room and the more convinient location.

Another follower with a January 2017 trip date. I'll be keeping my eyes on the prize during the next few months. Would love to hear reviews, updates, deals, offers.... Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter