Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We have stayed at AoA 2 or 3 times now, and never had a dirty room, always been clean..
Cigarette butts every where. Like I said I spend allot of time at WDW and I always stay on property. We will be at Saratoga Springs for the Halloween party in October and the Animal Kingdoms, Kadani Village for ten days in December. I did not find it up to Disney standards. I have Stayed at all the value resorts and we are very happy with all except AOA. Our room was clean but outside could do with an old fashioned Army police call.

Are the fold down bed and the fold out couch bed big enough for 2 average size adults?

They are about the size of a double bed. The exact (or as exact as my measurement skills can be) measurements are:

Sofa Bed: 77" long x 53" wide x 6" thick

Table Bed: 75" long x 54" wide x 8" thick

We are planning to stay in a family suite. I noticed there is no real closet to stow luggage so it is out of the way. For those of you who are veterans where do you put it?

there is a kind of luggage storage trunk thing that opens up for storage in the 'living room' area where you can put things inside the bottom trunk or on top of the hanging storage. You can put suitcases there. There is also room between the pullout couch and the kitchenette counter to put one or two suitcases upright. We also put our suitcases between the pull down bed and the wall. In the master bedroom, there is a luggage rack that you can use, as well as hanging storage where you could put suitcases on top of the shelves.

Attachments

• nemoroom6.jpg
    nemoroom6.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 62e65986a2e7dbc65cec8cf0bf170821.jpg
    62e65986a2e7dbc65cec8cf0bf170821.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 36
  • master bedroom.jpg
    master bedroom.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 35
there is a kind of luggage storage trunk thing that opens up for storage in the 'living room' area where you can put things inside the bottom trunk or on top of the hanging storage. You can put suitcases there. There is also room between the pullout couch and the kitchenette counter to put one or two suitcases upright. We also put our suitcases between the pull down bed and the wall. In the master bedroom, there is a luggage rack that you can use, as well as hanging storage where you could put suitcases on top of the shelves.
there is a kind of luggage storage trunk thing that opens up for storage in the 'living room' area where you can put things inside the bottom trunk or on top of the hanging storage. You can put suitcases there."
Thank you for this, Beckysko!!! Love the pictures very helpful!

We are planning to stay in a family suite. I noticed there is no real closet to stow luggage so it is out of the way. For those of you who are veterans where do you put it?

We find there are several little nooks to stow luggage in the suites. We completely unpack our luggage and then I fold up the luggage rack in the master bedroom and store most of the suitcases there -- behind the door in the master bedroom. I also usually store a piece or two between the night stand and the bathroom in the master bedroom. And there are shelves above the "closets" in both rooms as well as a shelf above the kitchen area. There are also shelves below the sinks in both bathrooms so we store the "bathroom bags" there. While there are no "closets" per se in the suites, I find they have a lot of out-of-the-way storage space compared to standard value rooms.

We find there are several little nooks to stow luggage in the suites. We completely unpack our luggage and then I fold up the luggage rack in the master bedroom and store most of the suitcases there -- behind the door in the master bedroom. I also usually store a piece or two between the night stand and the bathroom in the master bedroom. And there are shelves above the "closets" in both rooms as well as a shelf above the kitchen area. There are also shelves below the sinks in both bathrooms so we store the "bathroom bags" there. While there are no "closets" per se in the suites, I find they have a lot of out-of-the-way storage space compared to standard value rooms.
Perfect! Thank you for the info!

If I want a specific building in the theme I already chose, do I need to call and make a request?

Yup.

Do they ever grant specific building number requests?

Yup. Just remember it's only a request. But they do try to honor all requests, sometimes it's just not possible.

I wonder if I even have a shot of getting my request granted because we check in on a Wednesday (bunch of people ahead of us on Sun-Tues).

Thanks

Sure you do. What day you check in doesn't matter. What matters is occupancy and how many others requested the same thing as you. Lots of people check in/out mid week as those are typically the cheapest days to fly.

Are these the same toiletries offered at all of the Disney resorts or are different things offered at different resorts?

Generally "yes" as Disney offers H2O products across the resorts. There are/can be some packaging variations, for example, body wash offered at the deluxe resorts, but regardless the toiletries are from the H2O brand.

The set of facial soap / body soap / shampoo+conditioner, from the "Blushing Orange" line currently, is a common offering.

If I want a specific building in the theme I already chose, do I need to call and make a request? For online check in, the choices are only views? Do they ever grant specific building number requests? I wonder if I even have a shot of getting my request granted because we check in on a Wednesday (bunch of people ahead of us on Sun-Tues).

Absolutely call and have it added. I requested a specific LK building for our last trip and we got it. It's never guaranteed, but they will do what they can. We are doing the Cars suites this time, and I think we will just request a view not a building since we really don't care which building we are in, but don't really want a parking lot view. :)

Cigarette butts every where. Like I said I spend allot of time at WDW and I always stay on property. We will be at Saratoga Springs for the Halloween party in October and the Animal Kingdoms, Kadani Village for ten days in December. I did not find it up to Disney standards. I have Stayed at all the value resorts and we are very happy with all except AOA. Our room was clean but outside could do with an old fashioned Army police call.

We've got a LM room in December and I'm hoping the above won't be an issue......the ENTIRE area in and out of the rooms should be clean. We've never had an issue like this before and will be sad if we see this. Really looking forward to seeing AoA as we have family trips coming up and our nieces/nephews/grandchildren will just go nuts over the themeing.

Doug :goofy:

Generally "yes" as Disney offers H2O products across the resorts. There are/can be some packaging variations, for example, body wash offered at the deluxe resorts, but regardless the toiletries are from the H2O brand.

The set of facial soap / body soap / shampoo+conditioner, from the "Blushing Orange" line currently, is a common offering.

Are there other resorts that offer say separate shampoos and conditioners? If you like a product is there a place in the area where you could buy full size bottles for at home?

Are there other resorts that offer say separate shampoos and conditioners? If you like a product is there a place in the area where you could buy full size bottles for at home?
I can't speak for AoA, but I know for certain that when I stayed at POFQ in April, you could buy the H2O products in the resort gift shop. (I really like the face soap!)

We've got a LM room in December and I'm hoping the above won't be an issue......the ENTIRE area in and out of the rooms should be clean. We've never had an issue like this before and will be sad if we see this. Really looking forward to seeing AoA as we have family trips coming up and our nieces/nephews/grandchildren will just go nuts over the themeing.

Doug :goofy:

We've been at AoA twice (most recently about 6 weeks ago) and I saw no trash or cigarette butts anywhere. I walked around the resort numerous times during our stays and again, never saw trash -- even at the smoking areas. When they did the movies on the lawn, the CM's were there as soon as it was over picking up any trash left behind. Perhaps the PP just happened to be in the right place at the right time to see the cigarette butts. I wouldn't be surprised if there are certain times of day (in between clean-ups) that the designated smoking areas might have some cigarette butts on the ground, but it's not like they're all over the ground throughout the resort all of the time.

AoA definitely had the H20 products in the gift shop this past June (as well as 2 years ago when I was there). I can't remember specifically what they had, but I know they had them because I considered buying some.

I have a question.

When making your room requests through Touring plans does that override your room check in?

Say i want room 123 on building A Touring plans sends over the request.

Now it's check in time.. I request early check in first and foremost will that take over the room request? <-- does any of this make sense..

The mods and the deluxes provide separate shampoo/conditioner. But H2O products are available in all the gift shops, and usually some are available at the Disney outlets as well.

This picture is from AoA in 2013 when I spent one night. This is some of the H2O products for sale there.

from raw-8530 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I have a question.

When making your room requests through Touring plans does that override your room check in?

Say i want room 123 on building A Touring plans sends over the request.

Now it's check in time.. I request early check in first and foremost will that take over the room request? <-- does any of this make sense..

Yes. They will try to grant your room location request AND have it ready early. But if they can't do both then you will get any room that's ready when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter