Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I know I could probably find this out by reading this entire thread, but it's long :)
We may be switching our Oct 2015 reservation from 2 rooms at POFQ to one room at AofA. We have two boys, age 8 and 5 so I'm thinking Lion King or Cars suites. What would be the longest walk we had to bus stop and the food court?
Thanks for the help!

The longest walk from a Cars suite to the entrance of the food court is a little less than 400 yards -- less than a 5 minute walk. The shortest walk would be less than 150 yards -- so a minute or two.

For Lion King, longest would be less than 250 yards -- 2 or 3 minutes. Shortest would be less than 100 yards -- about a minute.

Add another minute to get to the bus stops.

I'd go so far to say the LK rooms are a bit closer to the bus stops since the stops are on the LK side of the main building. It shows you on the map.

Has anyone put a twin sized air mattress in the master bedroom on the floor of a suite? We are going with extended family and my son would prefer not to share a bed. He would also be more comfortable sharing the master bedroom with us than the living room with this aunts and grandmother. Just want to be able to manage his expectations if this won't work. We will have 6 in the room.We are not trying to sneak in an extra person.
Thanks in advance!

Does AOA has Elevators to all of the rooms like Finding Nemo, Cars, Lion King and Little Mermaid?:confused:

Hi! It's getting close to our trip and I have a question about room requests at AoA - LK. First visit to this resort so do not know how it's all set up other than the map and the site that shows room numbers, etc. My DH and I are traveling with our 20 year old DD and her friend. The site I found with the room map doesn't indicate elevators but I am assuming they are in the middle? We would like a top floor in the corner at the end. I know I can request top floor with advance check-in but is there a way to request a corner room by the stairs? Or would it be better to just do regular check-in. We arrive pretty early in the morning so know the room will probably not be ready. Thank you!

Is AOA has a free Disney outdoor Movie at night for Disney Resort guest and do you have a list of Disney movies in that Disney outdoor Movie?:confused:

Is AOA has a free Disney outdoor Movie at night for Disney Resort guest and do you have a list of Disney movies in that Disney outdoor Movie?:confused:

There are nightly movies by the feature pool. The movie schedule is released at the beginning of each month. April movies begin at 8pm and are as follows:
Sun - “The Little Mermaid” — Rated G
Mon - “Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast” — Rated G
Tue - “A Bug’s Life” — Rated G
Wed - “The Aristocats” — Rated G
Thu - “Wall-E” — Rated G
Fri - “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” — Rated PG
Sat - Guest Choice

Hi! It's getting close to our trip and I have a question about room requests at AoA - LK. First visit to this resort so do not know how it's all set up other than the map and the site that shows room numbers, etc. My DH and I are traveling with our 20 year old DD and her friend. The site I found with the room map doesn't indicate elevators but I am assuming they are in the middle? We would like a top floor in the corner at the end. I know I can request top floor with advance check-in but is there a way to request a corner room by the stairs? Or would it be better to just do regular check-in. We arrive pretty early in the morning so know the room will probably not be ready. Thank you!

You are correct! Elevators are in the middle. I would phone Disney directly and add your requests (or get your travel agent to add your requests if you booked through a travel agent). Since you are arriving early in the day, I would still do online check-in. With online check-in, you will let Disney know your approximate time of arrival. There's no guarantee your room will be ready, but it doesn't hurt to do the online check-in and you'll be able to start your vacation sooner that day!

You are correct! Elevators are in the middle. I would phone Disney directly and add your requests (or get your travel agent to add your requests if you booked through a travel agent). Since you are arriving early in the day, I would still do online check-in. With online check-in, you will let Disney know your approximate time of arrival. There's no guarantee your room will be ready, but it doesn't hurt to do the online check-in and you'll be able to start your vacation sooner that day!
Thanks so much! Sounds like a plan :) Appreciate the info!

We are staying in a LM room with our two DD's in October. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but are there preferred buildings/rooms in the LM section? :)

Has anyone put a twin sized air mattress in the master bedroom on the floor of a suite? We are going with extended family and my son would prefer not to share a bed. He would also be more comfortable sharing the master bedroom with us than the living room with this aunts and grandmother. Just want to be able to manage his expectations if this won't work. We will have 6 in the room.We are not trying to sneak in an extra person.
Thanks in advance!
This will be tight, but it's doable.

We are staying in a LM room with our two DD's in October. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but are there preferred buildings/rooms in the LM section? :)

Nope. In Disney speak preferred rooms are the closest to the food court and main feature pool. The LM rooms are the furthest from these amenities.

Nope. In Disney speak preferred rooms are the closest to the food court and main feature pool. The LM rooms are the furthest from these amenities.

Maybe I should rephrase. Are there certain buildings or rooms that anyone here prefers over others? Just looking for opinions. We aren't that concerned with the walk to the food court. Maybe a quieter one? One with better views? Sorry. . . I see now how that read. Thanks for the help! :)

I think it depends on what you want. Some will overlook the pool (which could be louder, but it isn't the feature pool, so fewer activities). Some overlook the lake, which should be quietest. If you are driving, it may be nicer to be closest to the parking lot. You may want to be closest to the main building for the food court and gift shop, if you will be eating there a lot. Look at the resort map with the building numbers. Also, touringplans has a really detailed map with room numbers and views that I found really helpful to understand the pros and cons.

Just a quick question: Does anyone know if the king rooms are sprinkled in with the standard room in the LM wing? Would a family be able to get joining rooms if one had a standard and one had a king bed room?
TIA!

Is there an added charge per adult in the AoA suites or is that included in the price of the suite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter