Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The kids can definitely double up. I have a 15 year old and if necessary he could share with one of his younger brothers. We love Art of Animation! Hope you do too!
We stayed there 2 years ago and are going back this summer. Stayed at CBR last summer and prefer AOA. We found the beds to be very comfortable. We did not try the sofa bed but the table bed and the bed in the bedroom were both comfortable.

My parents slept on the table bed and said it was very comfortable. My dad is also 6'4 and never said anything about it being too short. I,6'2, slept on the pull out sofa and it wasn't all that comfortable but did sleep all throughout the night. Wasn't bad enough to keep me up or not fall asleep but it was a little too hard for me.

Did bounce back last year for 10 nights of free dining at the AoA. It will be our first stay there. Looking forward to our family of 5 being in a family room!

Is there anywhere I can go to find out how the rooms are numbered in each of the buildings? I know we were in Bldg 5 last time, so I know that the first number of the room number is the Bldg. The second digit is the floor (where 5=1st floor, 6=2nd, etc), then room number. I did online check-in, and requested top floor, lake view, and hoping for building 5 again. We had a wonderful view of some fireworks (must have been Illuminations??). We have it set up for direct-to-room text this time, so wanted to have a good idea of room location once I see the room number on the text!

If anyone knows how the rooms are laid out in the building, please let me know! Thank you!

If I remember correctly touring plans.com has a section on their AOA page that let's you see a map of the room numbers.

We are actually here right now in building 5! Great building!

If I remember correctly touring plans.com has a section on their AOA page that let's you see a map of the room numbers.

We are actually here right now in building 5! Great building!

Thank you so much! Touring plans did have the layouts of the room numbers! Now I know that I want either 5802-5826 even numbers!

Glad to help! Had a great stay at AoA! Only complaint I could say is the craziness of the restaurant (always busy, loud and chaotic). But it is a cafeteria style restaurant so you would expect that. Our Nemo room was fabulous! Comfy, clean and enough room for 6. Only complaint would be that the fridge never gets super cold. Also if you dont want noise at night, dont get a room facing the big blue pool. The movies and kids in the pool until 10pm are loud. But AOA is so well run (the transportation, staff, etc) that I give it a 10!

:simba:Has anyone had any experience with requesting different room types near each other? For example, a LK suite near a LM room? We are taking a family trip in november and have a LK suite for myself, DH, DS and MIL and my parents are in a LM room (separate reservations). I'm thinking I'll just put this request in closer to the time when we do online check in. Our reservations are also linked to each other on MDE, so perhaps they would know anyway to try and give us rooms closer together? TIA!

I know I could probably find this out by reading this entire thread, but it's long :)
We may be switching our Oct 2015 reservation from 2 rooms at POFQ to one room at AofA. We have two boys, age 8 and 5 so I'm thinking Lion King or Cars suites. What would be the longest walk we had to bus stop and the food court?
Thanks for the help!

I know I could probably find this out by reading this entire thread, but it's long :)
We may be switching our Oct 2015 reservation from 2 rooms at POFQ to one room at AofA. We have two boys, age 8 and 5 so I'm thinking Lion King or Cars suites. What would be the longest walk we had to bus stop and the food court?
Thanks for the help!

No need to read the entire thread, jut check out the map in post #1. Both the Lion King buildings and two of the three Cars buildings are extremely close to Animation Hall and the buses.

No need to read the entire thread, jut check out the map in post #1. Both the Lion King buildings and two of the three Cars buildings are extremely close to Animation Hall and the buses.

I can tell they are close, was just trying to get a general idea of how long the wall really was.
Thanks!

Now I need all the good about this resort. Don't know exact cost but it could save us a substantial amount of money by switching.

According to tourplans the longest bus ride is about 20 minutes? It also has POFQ bus rides between 24-29 minutes, if that's the case it will make my husband very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter