Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Just did online check-in and was a bit confused by the "4th floor" and "highest floor" room request. The 4th floor is the top floor right? We are in the Nemo section.

Btw, I also customized our MB's and made Fastpass+ selections. So exciting! 59 more days!:cool1:

We have a Little Mermaid room reserved. I know it's a good hike away from the bus stop, but I figure it can't really be any worse than being in the Country Western building at ASMusic during our last trip (which was without kids). Anywho, I was curious if there's really that much of a difference in distance between getting from building 7/9 to the bus stop and from building 8 and the bus stop. We have 2 kids (6 and 3) and I was wondering if I should request to be in building 7 or 9 to save us a few steps or just go with whatever.

Anyone care to share the best room locations for the finding Nemo area? I was thinking a water view might be nice, but is it far from the food court and buses?

None of the Nemo rooms would be far to AH, at least compared to the other sections. I'm assuming "water view" would encompass both pool and lake? Which would be a majority of the rooms in the Nemo section. If you are looking for a lake view, that would put you in the farthest part of the building from AH, but still closer than the people in LM, LK, and the farthest building of Cars.

We have a Little Mermaid room reserved. I know it's a good hike away from the bus stop, but I figure it can't really be any worse than being in the Country Western building at ASMusic during our last trip (which was without kids). Anywho, I was curious if there's really that much of a difference in distance between getting from building 7/9 to the bus stop and from building 8 and the bus stop. We have 2 kids (6 and 3) and I was wondering if I should request to be in building 7 or 9 to save us a few steps or just go with whatever.

If saving a few steps is more important to you than view or something else, I would request 7 or 9. Building 8 isn't THAT much farther, but you would have to walk around the pool, which makes it seem longer.

Just did online check-in and was a bit confused by the "4th floor" and "highest floor" room request. The 4th floor is the top floor right? We are in the Nemo section.

Just a guess, but highest floor may be to request the highest floor available at the time the assignment is made -- perhaps for those who want to avoid the ground floor but don't mind which floor that is.

Just a guess, but highest floor may be to request the highest floor available at the time the assignment is made -- perhaps for those who want to avoid the ground floor but don't mind which floor that is.

Ok, that's what I was thinking as well. Thanks!

I was thinking about booking the LM rooms for our next trip, my little girl is princess crazy! But my husband is 6'4" does anybody know if the double beds would be long enough for him? Last time we did POR royal rooms , I think they had queen.

We're going to be staying at AoA in December 2013 just before our Disney Cruise.

I was reading through this thread (from the start) to see various tips and experiences everyone had. :coffee:

There are lots of acronyms that everyone seems to be using and since I'm new to the forum I don't understand what some mean (others I kind of figured out).
Is there a page here on disboards that explains all the various acronyms that people use most commonly.

Thanks

There are lots of acronyms that everyone seems to be using and since I'm new to the forum I don't understand what some mean (others I kind of figured out).
Is there a page here on disboards that explains all the various acronyms that people use most commonly.

This thread might help. If there's something that's not on there, just ask. :goodvibes Welcome to the DIS!

Originally posted by Pinkerella
I was thinking about booking the LM rooms for our next trip, my little girl is princess crazy! But my husband is 6'4" does anybody know if the double beds would be long enough for him? Last time we did POR royal rooms , I think they had queen.

My family and I were just at WDW last month, and we had a res with two rooms in the LM wing of AoA. We were assigned to building 7, the "Ursula" wing, up on the top floor, with two connecting rooms facing the courtyard.

I'm 6'1", and I had no trouble sleeping in the double beds that were in both rooms. There's four of us, so we each had our own bed (and with two bathrooms between us, it really worked out well, as we paid less for the two LM rooms than had we went for one of the suites). So, unless you're sharing one of these beds, I would say that he'll probably be just fine.

And, although you didn't ask, a few other posters were inquiring about the distance from the three different LM buildings when walking toward the bus stops and the main dining area/shops. Although building 8 is physically the farthest away, bldg's 7 and 9 are hardly that much closer. One might even argue that a courtyard-facing first floor room in bldg. 8 requires less walking than a waterfront/parking lot-facing upper-floor room in bldg's 7 or 9, so it really doesn't matter all that much, as they're all about equal. The fact is, it's a bit of a walk from any of the LM bldgs to the main dining area, but certainly not unmanageable.

What we found convenient, having our rooms on the top floor of bldg 7, was our close proximity to the parking lot, as we drove down in our own vehicle. We experienced the "joy" of Disney's bus transportation system our first day in the parks :headache:, and for the next 7 days, we decided to drive ourselves (and never regretted that decision once!).:thumbsup2

Enjoy your stay in the Little Mermaid section; you're gonna love it!:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me if the new fridges in the LM rooms have freezers built into them? Thanks!

Here now at building 3 (Luigi and Guido). Way better than I expected, and had planned to get on here to report how thrilled we are with the buses. Then I tried to do a load of laundry and that put a bit of a damper on my gushy happiness! All machines fully loaded at 10:30, with three other happy campers with double loads waiting ahead of me... Not good! Anyway, venting completed, I can gush about the buses. We left MK about an hour before closing and to our dismay, the AoA bus line had overtaken the Caribbean beach queue. I had never before encountered such a thing! Within 7 minutes, 3 buses had arrived. A fourth appeared shortly thereafter and so we went from the end of a very exceptionally long bus ride to on our merry way home within 16 minutes (lots of strollers on the last load of passengers took awhile to load safely with sleepy little ones). Resort is very clean, staff are lovely, and the fridge works. Didn't hear too much corridor noise last night, but we were completely wiped. Also happy to note that they have apparently changed the horrid bedcovers and the bedding is very comfortable! We did buy a balloon today to see if that will keep the AC running all night. Very pleased 2 days in :)

Qmom, thanks for the great update. Is building 3 in the CARS? Can you please explain the ballon and AC comment?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. Have a great time!

magictam2 said:
Qmom, thanks for the great update. Is building 3 in the CARS? Can you please explain the ballon and AC comment?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. Have a great time!

That's right, 1-3 are Cars. I had read somewhere on here that the AC shut off during the night because it's motion sensitive. We found that when we were up and about during the day, it was great but did become warm during the first night. Specifically,it was warm when we got up but the AC kicked in quickly once we were moving. Not sure if we should credit the balloon, but when I got up this am, it was nice and cool.

That's right, 1-3 are Cars. I had read somewhere on here that the AC shut off during the night because it's motion sensitive. We found that when we were up and about during the day, it was great but did become warm during the first night. Specifically,it was warm when we got up but the AC kicked in quickly once we were moving. Not sure if we should credit the balloon, but when I got up this am, it was nice and cool.
Thanks!! I will take into consideration for my December trip. I hate when the AC turn off during the night since that wake me up due to the temperature change. Thanks again!

Thanks again Qmom. I'll always bring a ballon. We are also staying in a Cars Suite in December. Would you recommend building 3? Top floor? We do have time scheduled each day to stay at the resort to enjoy it and provide down time for the 3 year old.

YaHoo, I am able to customize the magic bands this morning. Still 65 days out, but this makes it seem closer!

magictam2 said:
Thanks again Qmom. I'll always bring a ballon. We are also staying in a Cars Suite in December. Would you recommend building 3? Top floor? We do have time scheduled each day to stay at the resort to enjoy it and provide down time for the 3 year old.

YaHoo, I am able to customize the magic bands this morning. Still 65 days out, but this makes it seem closer!

I like building 3. We are on the first floor because my mother is traveling with us and has had her knees replaced. We are close to animation hall, two pools, and laundry, but I think the same could be said of building 1 also. I could hear Illuminations tonight but couldn't see anything. I suspect that some top floor rooms would be able to see it. When I checked in, I requested ground floor and close to transportation -both wishes granted :)

magictam2 said:

Lots to do here for little ones :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter