Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! Online, though, it has me check 2 requests. Was curious what other people liked or thought was the best.

If you want a quiet location in Nemo, I would go with lake view, which would be the back side of the resort and away from AH. That should keep you away from the pool side and the main walkways (assuming you get your request!).

I've been looking through the thread but having a hard time deciding which room to request. We're staying in the Nemo suite. We'll be mainly driving and would like a quiet room and have 3 little kids. What would you recommend? Ground floor, top floor, lake view, landscape view? Thanks for any help!!!

It sure is. It's the reason we most likely won't stay there again.

We stayed in LM room last October. It was a VERY long walk back, especially when you've been out walking all day to begin with. After the first nights walk, we decided to drive to the front parking lot the next morning and park, then drive back when we got off the bus that night. We're thankful we had our car, can't imagine if we didn't.

Hi everyone,
Less than 2 weeks out. woo hoo!
We get in super late, and I'm sure the resort as our info (as we're riding ME), but do I need to call so they "keep the light on for us" as such?
Am I allowed to bring a small plug in tea kettle to use in a LM room? I plan on bringing some Starbucks Via Readybrew for the mornings.
After all this planning all there is to do is pack. Yay!

We stayed in LM room last October. It was a VERY long walk back, especially when you've been out walking all day to begin with. After the first nights walk, we decided to drive to the front parking lot the next morning and park, then drive back when we got off the bus that night. We're thankful we had our car, can't imagine if we didn't.

We stayed at LM in August of this year and didn't find the walk to be bad at all. It may seem counter intuitive but if you take the sidewalk by the parking lot it is a faster walk than walking through the resort

I did a search on this thread for the information, but it didn't come up with any results...can anyone give me some info about the laundry facilities there? How much per load, cost to purchase detergent there, etc...? thanks!

Does anyone have a recreation sheet for AoA? Wondering approximate times of pool party, crafts, games, etc. TIA! :)

My first post! I have a question about the LM rooms and their distance from the main building. Can anyone who has stayed at Riverside help me visualize the walking distance? At POR we stayed in the far end of Oak Manor, and didn't mind the 6-7 min walk at all. Would the walk to a LM room be comparable, or much farther do you think? Thanks for ANY insight you can give, I am super excited to stay here!

My first post! I have a question about the LM rooms and their distance from the main building. Can anyone who has stayed at Riverside help me visualize the walking distance? At POR we stayed in the far end of Oak Manor, and didn't mind the 6-7 min walk at all. Would the walk to a LM room be comparable, or much farther do you think? Thanks for ANY insight you can give, I am super excited to stay here!

If you are staying in a LM room in building eight, the walk would be farther.

I did a search on this thread for the information, but it didn't come up with any results...can anyone give me some info about the laundry facilities there? How much per load, cost to purchase detergent there, etc...? thanks!

Very nice. $2 per load for a regular load and then $2 to dry and that is for 60 min. You cannot use your room card for these. The machines only take quarters. There is a change machine in the laundry room. There is also a vending machine for laundry detergent, dryer sheets, etc but I took my own. You can get travel bags of the detergent packs for like $2 at Target. And then I just took dryer sheets. It's at the pool so we just did laundry while we swam!

$2 for a regular wash load and $2 per dryer but that is for 60 minutes. The machines only take quarters bt there is a change machine I the laundry room. You cannot get cash from your key or magic band. They also had a vending machine for detergent, dryer sheets, etc but we took our own. target has travel size laundry gel packs for around $2 for 5 packs. And the we took dryer sheets. The laundry is at the big pool so we just did laundry while we swam. Didn't seem as bad as it does at home! :)

Ugh... For some reason, this app wants me to think my replys don't post so that I'll post another one! Sorry for the double posted info!

hglenn said:
$2 for a regular wash load and $2 per dryer but that is for 60 minutes. The machines only take quarters bt there is a change machine I the laundry room. You cannot get cash from your key or magic band. They also had a vending machine for detergent, dryer sheets, etc but we took our own. target has travel size laundry gel packs for around $2 for 5 packs. And the we took dryer sheets. The laundry is at the big pool so we just did laundry while we swam. Didn't seem as bad as it does at home! :)

There is a laundry room at the cozy cone pool also

bus stop to LM section will have you walking between 300 and 600 yards, depending on where your room is.

I've walked more than that from the car to the room when the parking lot was loaded in the evening (both at AoA and POP). And I would surely walk more than that from the bus stop to the car, and then from the car to the room. (Not mentionning the transfer of kids from the bus to the stroller, from the stroller to the car, from the car to the stroller, and back to the room ... granted that we don't have to carry them ...)

The walk is not that bad even after a full day at the park, it's even relaxing while you sip on that refillable mug you've just filled at AH, and enjoy the lionking icons on your way back to LM section ... just in time for a late night dip in the pool.
my kind of vacations :)

ymmv

Here now. Checked in yesterday and got upgraded to a LK suite! They didn't have any LM rooms left so they asked if I wanted the upgrade. Had to check with "the boss" DD3 since she really wanted to stay in an Ariel room. Asked her if she was OK with a Simba room instead since it was bigger and closer to the Nemo pool and she said yes. Yippee! Pixie dust for us. The room, admittedly, is a bit big for two, but DH arrives tomorrow so it will be nice to have privacy. Very nicely appointed and clean. Worth it for bigger families! Lots of "living space". Just came from POP (which I loved!) so I can attest to the difference!

We're in the 60 day mark. I was able to make some FP+ choices but tell you the truth wasn't real thrilled with the options. So probably won't use it that much.

I was able to snag a Wishes Party reserviation. So excited to pig out on sweets and watch fireworks from a (I hope) comfy chair.

Next month I'll be in the "WORLD".pixiedust:

Here now. Checked in yesterday and got upgraded to a LK suite! They didn't have any LM rooms left so they asked if I wanted the upgrade. Had to check with "the boss" DD3 since she really wanted to stay in an Ariel room. Asked her if she was OK with a Simba room instead since it was bigger and closer to the Nemo pool and she said yes. Yippee! Pixie dust for us. The room, admittedly, is a bit big for two, but DH arrives tomorrow so it will be nice to have privacy. Very nicely appointed and clean. Worth it for bigger families! Lots of "living space". Just came from POP (which I loved!) so I can attest to the difference!

That's awesome! enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter