Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so if i request a room close to parking, i can not access the room from the parking lot? I have to walk to the center to get to a room at the end?

I honestly have no idea how things were on the back sides of the buildings. Maybe the landscaping doesn't prevent you from direct access like it does on the courtyard side.

I was going to request a 1st floor in BLDG 9 close to parking. So i guess it won't matter to be close to parking if you can't access room there. I may change it to BLDG 9 1st floor close to center.

PolyAddict said:
I was going to request a 1st floor in BLDG 9 close to parking. So i guess it won't matter to be close to parking if you can't access room there. I may change it to BLDG 9 1st floor close to center.

I'm pretty sure that the LM building doors on the 1st floor exit to outside so you don't have to worry about going down an indoor hallway to exit. I was in a FN suite but took a walk down there to check it out. I'm sure someone that has stayed there can confirm this for you. HTH

I bet they don't put the money into landscaping the back side like they do the courtyard side. So I bet you're good there. But that's just a guess.

Really none of them are much different. That's because all access to the building is from the center of each building. Yes, they have exterior doors, but there is no sidewalk from the room through all of the landscaping. You have to walk back to Ursula herself (in the middle of the building) to access the walkways. Our room was near the end of the building. So we had to walk from the end back to the middle, then past the end again...... just to leave.

Since you end up having to go to the center anyway is it better in your opinion to request a room near the elevator to at least be closer to the exit walkway?

Since you end up having to go to the center anyway is it better in your opinion to request a room near the elevator to at least be closer to the exit walkway?

If you are requesting a courtyard view room, then yes.

I submitted a quote request today. I figured for our next trip I would prefer to have control over my ressies but, for a good enough rate, I'll deal! :thumbsup2

We were in building 9 with a parking lot view and there was definitely more access there than there was for the courtyard views. I know in the "wing" we were on, there was access on the end of the building and in the middle, just not from the courtyard.

I'm pretty sure that the LM building doors on the 1st floor exit to outside so you don't have to worry about going down an indoor hallway to exit. I was in a FN suite but took a walk down there to check it out. I'm sure someone that has stayed there can confirm this for you. HTH

I may be misunderstanding the conversation but LM does NOT have interior hallways like the suites do so you can exit to outside directly from your room.

the map at the start of this page shows walkways at both the middles AND the ends of the LM buildings. :confused3 so I don't get what you guys are talking about. is the map wrong?

Hi I know that was a cheezy title - but i have been hearing conflicting reports on the beds at A o A - some say super uncomfortable, hard to sleep, linens too noisy....others say everything is great!

Would love to hear some real life experiences with this - worried about being miserable if nobody can sleep!

Thanks

Hi I know that was a cheezy title - but i have been hearing conflicting reports on the beds at A o A - some say super uncomfortable, hard to sleep, linens too noisy....others say everything is great!

Would love to hear some real life experiences with this - worried about being miserable if nobody can sleep!

Thanks

I had no complaints - we all slept just fine. Either we were all too tired from the day to care or we're not that picky but I thought the beds and all were fine.

Wow so if i request a room close to parking, i can not access the room from the parking lot? I have to walk to the center to get to a room at the end?

I didn't. I had a room on the end of the Ursula building and was right by the stairs at the end. I just used the stairs then went out the back (like I was going to the lake not the parking lot) and cut across the grassy area to catch the sidewalk that you can take to the LK/parking area. Technically grass is not a walkway but also not a path blocked by flowerbeds or landscaping.

Also the grass was cut very short so I didn't worry about any 'wildlife' that might be hiding in it.

Thanks

The comforters are super stiff (we ended up folding ours back most nights) but the beds themselves are comfortable. Somewhat firm, I guess, but I prefer a more plush mattress and I slept just fine.

The comforters are super stiff (we ended up folding ours back most nights) but the beds themselves are comfortable. Somewhat firm, I guess, but I prefer a more plush mattress and I slept just fine.

thank you so much! i think since we are driving i will just bring a couple of our own blankets - the kids will want one for the car anyway

We will be staying at AOA here in a couple weeks and while we are there with our kids my grandmother who lives in FL is going to be visiting us for a day. My question is what when she comes to visit if she meets us at the resort will they let her go on the bus to the park with us?

We will be staying at AOA here in a couple weeks and while we are there with our kids my grandmother who lives in FL is going to be visiting us for a day. My question is what when she comes to visit if she meets us at the resort will they let her go on the bus to the park with us?

Yes.

Are the little mermaids really far from the main building??? Is there one LM building that is closer than the rest!???

My mom has knee problems and does really well in the parks but at the end of the day I'm not sure a long walk is really that awesome????

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter