Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the little mermaids really far from the main building??? Is there one LM building that is closer than the rest!???

My mom has knee problems and does really well in the parks but at the end of the day I'm not sure a long walk is really that awesome????

Thanks,

I've heard Building 9 was best. But would welcome other opinions as well.

we have a finding nemo suite - is there a best room/area that we should request? we have two little ones - 3 and 4 so I want to try to get the best location we can

Are the little mermaids really far from the main building??? Is there one LM building that is closer than the rest!???

My mom has knee problems and does really well in the parks but at the end of the day I'm not sure a long walk is really that awesome????

Thanks,

Building 9 is the closest, followed by 7, and 8 is the furthest away.

It is all flat land, no hills, so with knee problems it will could 8-10 minutes from the lobby. Depending on how fast she walks with her knee problem, it could add or subtract some time.

we have a finding nemo suite - is there a best room/area that we should request? we have two little ones - 3 and 4 so I want to try to get the best location we can

They both have essentially the same views: in both building 4 and 5 you can have pool, courtyard, lake, or LK (from bldg 5) or Cars (from bldg 4) views.

Wherever you are placed in FN it wont be too far a walk to the lobby as FN is located directly behind it.

A few quick questions:

1. Does the resort provide coffee for the in-room coffee maker? If not, what type of coffee make is it (so I can purchase the proper coffee)?

2. Can I fit a gallon of milk in the fridge?

3. I remember reading months ago when I booked the resort that their was a plan for drink refill stations in each section of the hotel. Did this ever happen? We are booked in a Cars suite. Where is the nearest refill station?

4. Can I request a pack and play and/or bed rails or are they located in the room already?

5. As mentioned we are booked in the Cars suites. Any suggestions for a building as close to Animation Hall, parking lot, pool, etc?

6. Is there a playground located at the resort?

7. Any opinions on the buses as of late? Good, bad, the same as usual, etc?

Thanks. Sorry for all the questions. We leave in a few weeks and I am a bit behind in my planning and research. And my husband is not thrilled with this resort option!

TheLadyTremain said:
A few quick questions:

1. Does the resort provide coffee for the in-room coffee maker? If not, what type of coffee make is it (so I can purchase the proper coffee)?

Yes, the provide coffee. If you need extra ask mouse keeping. They wre generous with it during our stay!

2. Can I fit a gallon of milk in the fridge?

You might be able to in the main section. We fit quit a bit in our fridge with some clever rearranging. We've even removed a shelf for more space!

3. I remember reading months ago when I booked the resort that their was a plan for drink refill stations in each section of the hotel. Did this ever happen? We are booked in a Cars suite. Where is the nearest refill station?

The only drink refill stations are at Landscape of Flavors in the lobby building and st the Big Blue Pool.

4. Can I request a pack and play and/or bed rails or are they located in the room already?

You can request both. I would call and request both prior to your stay, especially bed rails. I also recommend bringing a pack n play sheet from home.

5. As mentioned we are booked in the Cars suites. Any suggestions for a building as close to Animation Hall, parking lot, pool, etc?

We were in building one and thought the location was great! The lightening mcQueen building is furthest from Animation Hall.

6. Is there a playground located at the resort?

There is a little play area in Lion King and Finding Nemo. Plenty of space for kids to run and play!

7. Any opinions on the buses as of late? Good, bad, the same as usual, etc?

The buses ran smoothly for us in December. It seemed business as usual as far as the buses went.

Have a great trip!

!

I inserted my answers below your questions!

Staying in a LM room made reservations through Disney are we able to request which building? After reading looks like #9 is closest how do we request prior to arrival? Thanks

Does anyone know if there is an extra charge for requesting a pool view room in the little mermaid area?

No, there are no differing room rates for the Little Mermaid rooms. So adding a request wouldn't cost you extra, but it's also not a guarantee you'll get that request.

For comparison at Pop Century you can specifically reserve, and pay extra for, a preferred pool view or standard pool view room.

Staying in a LM room made reservations through Disney are we able to request which building? After reading looks like #9 is closest how do we request prior to arrival? Thanks

You can call back to Disney reservations and ask to add a building request to your reservation. It won't be guaranteed but they do their best to fulfill what you want. They do add specific building number requests so you can ask for building 9.

the map at the start of this page shows walkways at both the middles AND the ends of the LM buildings. so I don't get what you guys are talking about. is the map wrong?

anyone?

the map at the start of this page shows walkways at both the middles AND the ends of the LM buildings. so I don't get what you guys are talking about. is the map wrong?

anyone?

I honestly don't remember. If it was anywhere near convenient, I would have taken it. Maybe it is too far to the outside of the resort to save any steps. We were in building 7 and always heading toward the bus stops and Animation Hall.

anyone?

If I remember correctly they map makes it look like they come out right from the stairways but they don't you have to cross the grass behind the stairs to get to the walkways. Just slightly different.

If you leave a stair and try to go to the 'front' of the building 9 (towards the parking lot) you have to walk along the walkway to the middle of the whole building. If you exit to the back you can cut across some grass to get to the walkways and then cut back to the parking lot.

Not sure how buildings 7 and 8 are set up.

we are looking into AOA for dec 2013 exact dates for pop warner but don't want to share resorts! We aren't sure if we will have 4 or 5 so does anyone know for both LM rooms Or suites?:)

I don't know if this has been answered but it's unlikely because the LM rooms are so popular, they're likely just all booked. December isn't that far away (even from August when this was posted).

Do you think LMR are being held for Pop Warner overflow? I tried to book a room for the first week of December (tried different days checking in, less days, more days, etc.) and no LMR rooms came up until I tried checking in on the 9th, which is the first day after Pop Warner ends. No problems finding one after that either. I ended up booking for later in the month but would reallllly like something before the 9th. I was just wondering if the rooms would be released closer to Pop Warner or if this is completely unrelated. I'll keep trying (and also trying to get the military discount).

There are a ton of LM/AoA videos on YouTube that show walkways, landscaping, etc to get an idea of how it is laid out.

We are requesting a ground floor room close to the parking lot and I will have no problem walking through the grass to get to our room easier but will not walk over plants and landscaping for just a few more feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter