• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been addressed....
I am looking for a LM room (is this the only section that have non family rooms??) in November and my AP isn't letting me chose that room.

Does anyone know if these are blocked or no? I would love to stay there but also would like to use my AP discount.

One would think they would have done singles in the other areas too... Seems rather restrictive.

Any hoo... anyone know if the singles at LM are blocked for AP's?

Thanks so much! :wave2:

AP discounts at AoA were only available for the family suites -- not the LM section. I checked the first day the AP discounts were announced to see if I could discount my already-made reservation for early November.

I made my LM reservation about a month ago but I had to check constantly before I found availability. I originally booked less than the desired number of days and then found additional days later that I called and added. I've checked on LM availability for a number of different dates in October, November and December -- most of the time LM is not available. It is incredibly popular at the moment.

There are AP discounts at Pop, the All Stars and POR.

Does anyone know an estimation of the walk time from LM rooms to the food court? I'm thinking 7 min.? I would really like to request building 7 lakeview.

archdandy said:
I just looked at the video that was shot by AllEars of the inside of the LM rooms and it looks beautiful! One thing I did have a question about for the people who are planning on staying in those rooms or who have stayed there is, did your clothes fit into the drawers? They look pretty small. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on what to do about clothing storage? I dont really want to keep my clothes in our suitcases because its a pain to have to pull them out and dig through them. But I also dont want to spend a lot of money on an organizer or something of that sort, plus it would take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I was thinking about going to the dollar store and seeing if there was something cheap that would work for clothing storage there. Any ideas?

We bring cheap shelf type hanging organizers to pop (same configuration) for each of us and hang them in the closet. Use the drawers for bathing suits undies socks etc. when we leave we throw out the organizers (usually purchase in target dollar spot).

I just looked at the video that was shot by AllEars of the inside of the LM rooms and it looks beautiful! One thing I did have a question about for the people who are planning on staying in those rooms or who have stayed there is, did your clothes fit into the drawers? They look pretty small. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on what to do about clothing storage? I dont really want to keep my clothes in our suitcases because its a pain to have to pull them out and dig through them. But I also dont want to spend a lot of money on an organizer or something of that sort, plus it would take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I was thinking about going to the dollar store and seeing if there was something cheap that would work for clothing storage there. Any ideas?

When we stay at Pop Century, I use a few fabric storage bins for extra "drawer" space. I bought them at Dollar Tree several years ago but all the Dollar Tree stores around me still carry them. They fold flat so they're easy to transport. I use the bins for the small stuff -- socks, undies, swim stuff, etc. and use the drawers for our shorts and shirts. I put the bins on the shelf in the "closet".

At AoA right now and have to say it is beautiful!!!LM rooms are great!many extras from other values I e stayed!the walk really isn't that bad at all.we r in building 9 parking lot view and I would stay here again.sidewalk around parking lot which leads right to bus stop.I would request building 9 front half parking lot view.nice and quiet too and I know the area is full!!buses fine except last night abate MK waited hour and a half for bus!!!!pops was even longer than ours though!enjoying a great snack credit at landscape of flavors right now-oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts!yummy!;)

Wonderful!

And hearing the LM rooms are quiet made me so happy! We haven't stayed on property before and I worried that the hotel might be noisy. What floor are you on?

Just diagnosed with a heel spur that may upset my trip a bit, AOA CARS bldg 1 does not look like a long walk to bus stop, anyone have any info?

Just diagnosed with a heel spur that may upset my trip a bit, AOA CARS bldg 1 does not look like a long walk to bus stop, anyone have any info?

Me, also. It's quite painful. Not sure what this will mean for our trip. We leave in one week. Have been doing exercises and felt it was getting better, but today it is just as bad as ever. I ask for room close to the main building. Not that it will matter after walking all day at the parks.

Me, also. It's quite painful. Not sure what this will mean for our trip. We leave in one week. Have been doing exercises and felt it was getting better, but today it is just as bad as ever. I ask for room close to the main building. Not that it will matter after walking all day at the parks.

ICE your feet before bedtime EVERYDAY!!!!!

Even if your feet don't feel too bad, PLEASE ice them everynight. From my own past experience it makes a BIG difference! Hope you have a great trip!!!

PRINCESS VIJA said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather

Even if your feet don't feel too bad, PLEASE ice them everynight. From my own past experience it makes a BIG difference! Hope you have a great trip!!!

Ice for everyone or just for those with a heel spur?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

And get yourself some good tennis shoes. I would suggest stability running shoes. I suggest brooks either Ariel or Beast depending on gender. I wouldn't recommend the adrenaline as I don't like this years model (it is not as cushioned as previous years).

If you have foot problems and if your insurance will pay for it, get custom inserts for your shoes. I can't tell you what a difference this made for me( I broke my foot 3 yrs. ago, had surgery, and still have foot pain all over). Also, avoid walking barefooted or even in socks on non carpeted floors. My Dr. said that was one of the worst things you can do for a troubled foot. Wear shoes indoors. I hope this helps someone. I wish I had gotten my inserts sooner. We took a Christmas trip to WDW a few months after my surgery and inserts would have made a big difference for me.

I'm still wondering if anyone knows the walk time estimation from LM rooms to the food court. We were at POP and visited AOA and LM rooms looked so far away from the action.

If you have foot problems and if your insurance will pay for it, get custom inserts for your shoes. I can't tell you what a difference this made for me( I broke my foot 3 yrs. ago, had surgery, and still have foot pain all over). Also, avoid walking barefooted or even in socks on non carpeted floors. My Dr. said that was one of the worst things you can do for a troubled foot. Wear shoes indoors. I hope this helps someone. I wish I had gotten my inserts sooner. We took a Christmas trip to WDW a few months after my surgery and inserts would have made a big difference for me.

I'm still wondering if anyone knows the walk time estimation from LM rooms to the food court.
We were at POP and visited AOA and LM rooms looked so far away from the action.

I read a report someone wrote (I think on Dis) that said walking at a moderate pace, it was 6 minutes to the bus.

Can anyone please tell me if there is room for a roll away bed in the LM section? It's not like we're trying to sneak an extra person into our room. We only have three adults, but because of a sudden medical problem I need to sleep alone and the other two aren't able to sleep in just a double bed (queen sized maybe, but not double). Thanks. This is very important to me. :worried:
Thanks for all of the info that's coming thru; hope you're all having good weather and lots of fun!

I really don't know where you could fit a roll away bed. There's only about 2-3 feet in between the beds and between the bed and the wall. The only place that might work us if you moved the table and chairs from where they are. There is about maybe 6 feet by 5 feet of space. If it does fit there you would definitely have no room to walk around it.

Here right now, the hotel is really great- its everything that previous posters have said! You will not be disappointed!!!
We have had 2 glitches, (don't want to call it problems)
1. The Internet is pretty bad, so bad I was using 3G instead-I couldn't log on, then I called and they reset the modem.Better but It's very slow.
2. We stayed at Magic Kingdom last might for emh, when the park closed at midnight, we found the bus line loooong. Like it took 5 busses , before we got on one. The problem was it took almost an hour to get on the bus!! I have never seen it like this. We were the one of the last resorts left, us and pop!!!! I mean the other hotels lines were gone for like 20 min and we still had long lines!!!!! Finally after a few people complained some more buses came( after 1am!!!) I'm hoping it was a fluke, I have been to Wdw many times and this was a first. I was gonna call and complain but after this post I am gonna forget it, (it was very stressful)That was only one thing and I'm sure it was just an isolated thing.
Everyone have a great vacation!!!!!!

you should complain about the bus service after EMH - if you don't complain they won't know that it happened and that people are upset about it.

The suits upstairs don't always know what's going on in operations.
They need to be told - by complaining - so that they can fix it.

So by all means, go to the front desk of AoA and ask for a complaint form and also tell them about it.
But don't just tell them verbally, fill out a complaint form.
If no one complains, it won't be fixed.

I didn't see the article from all ears on here yet so here it is
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/09/art_of_animation_little_mermai_1.html

Looks like the a/c is motion controlled. I did not see any posts here though about any issues w/it.

ETA: This is the best write up I have seen so far.

thanks for the link!

regarding motion controlled A/C - we've found having a balloon in the room keeps the A/C going at night.

most (if not all) Disney resorts are motion controlled.
The ballon trick has worked every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter