Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am travelling to Disney World for the first time ever next January all the way from Australia. Am quite excited and will be staying in the LM rooms!
I don't think i'll be spending much time in the room though, will only be there 4 nights.

Wow! Just spent my first night in a little mermaid room!
I have to say the walk is not nearly as bad as it looked (to me anyway!) last night we were walking back to our room and seriously we were enjoying the scenery so much we felt like it took no time at all!
We are in building 9 (king Triton) and have a pool view. Very nice room! The shower is adorable, looks like Ariel's grotto of course and had me singing part of your world a little bit.
Love the whole resort so far, it's absolutely gorgeous!
Very early here still and dh is asleep so I'm going to take my camera and get some early morning shots.

Forgive me if this has been addressed....
I am looking for a LM room (is this the only section that have non family rooms??) in November and my AP isn't letting me chose that room.

Does anyone know if these are blocked or no? I would love to stay there but also would like to use my AP discount.

One would think they would have done singles in the other areas too... Seems rather restrictive.

Any hoo... anyone know if the singles at LM are blocked for AP's?

Thanks so much! :wave2:

I am looking for a LM room (is this the only section that have non family rooms??) in November and my AP isn't letting me chose that room.

Does anyone know if these are blocked or no? I would love to stay there but also would like to use my AP discount.

One would think they would have done singles in the other areas too... Seems rather restrictive.

The LM section is the only area in the resort that is non-family suites. Disney only allots a limited number of rooms at AP (or any other discount) rates. Since this is a brand new resort, it is likely that all the rooms at the AP rate are already taken. You may want to call for reservations instead of going online.

Lynn

The LM section is the only area in the resort that is non-family suites. Disney only allots a limited number of rooms at AP (or any other discount) rates. Since this is a brand new resort, it is likely that all the rooms at the AP rate are already taken. You may want to call for reservations instead of going online.

Lynn

Thank you! :)

Not only are the AP discount rooms likely gone (if there were any to begin wit) but even the full price rooms could be gone. That section is very popular as a way to experience AoA without paying for a suite. It's the only way we're going to experience it since we're a party of 3 and don't way to pay the highe suite price.

we check in saturday at 7:30 A.M.:cool1::cool1::cool1: Super stoked. I can't believe itll be here!! We booked in January and it seems like its still forever away!!!!

I've been following a lot of the progress of the LM sections for a LONG time, but had my first GASP! moment when I saw the shots of the inside of the showers! Those are too cool!!

Just confirming for LM rooms, no coffee makers, right? The beds are full size?

Thanks!

No coffee makers in the LM rooms.

The two beds are double/full size, not queen. We don't know for certain yet but there should be some rooms with a single king size bed as there is at Pop Century. You'd need to make a request on your reservation to see if one of those rooms are available.

At AoA right now and have to say it is beautiful!!!LM rooms are great!many extras from other values I e stayed!the walk really isn't that bad at all.we r in building 9 parking lot view and I would stay here again.sidewalk around parking lot which leads right to bus stop.I would request building 9 front half parking lot view.nice and quiet too and I know the area is full!!buses fine except last night abate MK waited hour and a half for bus!!!!pops was even longer than ours though!enjoying a great snack credit at landscape of flavors right now-oatmeal with brown sugar and nuts!yummy!;)

Here right now, the hotel is really great- its everything that previous posters have said! You will not be disappointed!!!
We have had 2 glitches, (don't want to call it problems)
1. The Internet is pretty bad, so bad I was using 3G instead-I couldn't log on, then I called and they reset the modem.Better but It's very slow.
2. We stayed at Magic Kingdom last might for emh, when the park closed at midnight, we found the bus line loooong. Like it took 5 busses , before we got on one. The problem was it took almost an hour to get on the bus!! I have never seen it like this. We were the one of the last resorts left, us and pop!!!! I mean the other hotels lines were gone for like 20 min and we still had long lines!!!!! Finally after a few people complained some more buses came( after 1am!!!) I'm hoping it was a fluke, I have been to Wdw many times and this was a first. I was gonna call and complain but after this post I am gonna forget it, (it was very stressful)That was only one thing and I'm sure it was just an isolated thing.
Everyone have a great vacation!!!!!!

we check in saturday at 7:30 A.M.:cool1::cool1::cool1: Super stoked. I can't believe itll be here!! We booked in January and it seems like its still forever away!!!!

We arrive on Saturday too. How do you know you can checkin at 7:30a.m.? We nervous about checking in after 12:confused3

We arrive on Saturday too. How do you know you can checkin at 7:30a.m.? We nervous about checking in after 12:confused3

You can check in anytime, no matter what time of the day or nigth you arrive. We have checked in as early as 4:30am, they had already printed our stuff, because we had booked the room for the night before, so we were guaranteed our room would be ready at arrival. We almost always arrive between 6:30 and 7:30 am and there is no line to check in, that way we have our key and tickets and dining if we purchased a package, then we usually get a room assigned around lunch time when we're ready to take our break.

I just looked at the video that was shot by AllEars of the inside of the LM rooms and it looks beautiful! One thing I did have a question about for the people who are planning on staying in those rooms or who have stayed there is, did your clothes fit into the drawers? They look pretty small. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on what to do about clothing storage? I dont really want to keep my clothes in our suitcases because its a pain to have to pull them out and dig through them. But I also dont want to spend a lot of money on an organizer or something of that sort, plus it would take up a lot of room in the suitcase. I was thinking about going to the dollar store and seeing if there was something cheap that would work for clothing storage there. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter