Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydreamfan14, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamseeker9

dreamseeker9 Mouseketeer

Excellent, thank you!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dreamseeker9

dreamseeker9 Mouseketeer

Interesting, thanks! So if a park has morning EMHs, then it's either a cold breakfast at AoA or grab something at the park. I think we're only planning to do one morning EMH while we are there, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

How crowded does the food court get around 7:00 AM when hot breakfast starts to be served?

4. buffalogirl

buffalogirl <font color=deeppink>Ohh do I get to be first?<br>

There were maybe 4 or 5 people in each of the hot food lines- not overly crowded. Lots of folks using their refillable mugs and buying the other available items.

5. JillianSam

JillianSam Earning My Ears

Thinking the exact same thing, going for two weeks in April and wondering if I'll be homesick :(
    I Love my bed!!!

6. DisneyRunnerChick

DisneyRunnerChick Princess of the Sneakers

We just got back from staying in a Cars suite, and I cannot state how awesome this room was. We'd booked a LM room as we were on a budget and were thrilled to get an upgrade without even asking! The decor was ridiculously awesome and well themed. We'd debated wether the suites were worth the extra money, and after staying here, I'd say they definitely are! Can't wait to stay here again!!!

7. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Will online check-in affect room requests? I'm debating whether to do it or wait till we get to the resort, but we plan to arrive early so I'm hoping online check in would mean our room was ready, but I'd rather wait if it meant we got what we requested. Anyone have experience with this?

8. czmom

czmom DIS Veteran

How wonderful!!! Did you just find out about your upgrade when you arrived at AoA?

9. 1153rsmith

1153rsmith DIS Veteran

I would love to get an upgrade.... I wish they had LM suites.

10. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

I've always had GREAT luck with online check-in, especially with room requests. Our past two stays (CSR and WL# we not only got our requests granted, but both times we were upgraded too! I think they will definitely try to have your room ready, but there are just a lot of factors that affect that, so it's hit or miss and I don't think online check in makes a difference other than they can "plan" to expect you early #for whatever that's worth#. When we stayed at CSR, we did online check-in and arrived around 11 or 12 and our #upgraded!# room was ready, so we just picked up our package and headed straight to the room to change for the pool!

Another advantage is that the online check in is a time-saver - I've always found the online check-in line to be much shorter than the regular line. I really just don't see a disadvantage. :confused3

11. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Thanks! I think we'll definitely do on-line check in this time around. We're staying in a Cars suite so I doubt there's an upgrade option, but fingers crossed we get what we requested!

12. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

Yeah good point about the upgrade! I still think online check in is a good thing. Have a great trip! I'm counting the days... :hyper:

13. calliecranberry

calliecranberry Earning My Ears

Hello! ...you have free dining? I'm just wondering.... how did you get free dining? We are there at the same time as you (Dec 2-8) and it didn't seem that free dining was an option? If there is something I'm missing, please fill me in!! :)

Cheers,

Vicki

14. DisneyRunnerChick

DisneyRunnerChick Princess of the Sneakers

Yes! We got in late and were surprised . I didn't even realize till after we'd left the counter and were in the car pulling around. Love when you get those little magical surprises!

15. Greenfield1984

Greenfield1984 DIS Veteran

We are also staying at LM room next week with free dining. We got a pin before the offer was released to the general public and the pin included the LM rooms. But I believe all other free dining offers for the general public excluded those rooms.

16. czmom

czmom DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

17. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Got our Mickey mail today! Both our travel docs/luggage tags and our PhotoPass+! Next week we can check in! Yippee!

18. ABDisney

ABDisney Earning My Ears

is it only going up to 60 deg? anyone at WDW now confirm that.

19. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

When...today? Definitely not today. We are about 2 hours north (and usually a few degrees cooler) and it's already 63 here and warming up.

20. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

The Orlando forecast for the next 5 days show the high temps will be in the low to mid 70's. The lows in the low 50's.

21. jmccreery

jmccreery Earning My Ears

We are staying at a o a in march...super excited

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.