Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Frequently Asked Questions (slight update 5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed in concierge last summer and requested Arusha Savannah view on the 5th floor. We were put in Sunset savannah view on the 6th floor (very convenient to the lounge, but we didn't care for the view). They were able to move us the next day to a 5th floor room on Zebra Trail, and we were very happy with this room. I think the concierge staff want to make you happy and will get you in the location you want if at all possible.
Good Luck!

The concierge services were wonderful as usual at AKL this stay. 5th floor. On a stay last year, our 5th floor sav.room was not ready but they offered us a 6th floor room which was pool view and smelled heavily of smoke.We passed on it.Don't know about the refrigerators.

Hi , I am sure this was asked before but don't own a computer at home and using mine from work so don't have time to read the entire post and the search isn't - wasn't - working

I really just want to know what are good room # to request..
I said i would like 4th floor on Zebra trail ? any other suggestions
We will only be there for 2 nights ( 12/05& 12/06) and would like to get maxiux viewing - we won't be doing parks just enjoying the resort?

thanks for any help.. Michelle

Hi,
I am booked at AKL in October for 2 nights for my anniversary and reserved a one bedroom suite. I would like any feedback from anyone who has stayed in the suites and also, what views and room #'s if possible. I want to make sure for the extra $$$ I get the best possible view's.

From the posts I have read, I understand there are not Zebra's in all the savannah's.

We are Zebra Crazy and want to make sure we see them!:Pinkbounc

The CM that was at the Arusha rock viewing area told us that they have to keep the zebra in only one area because they dont get along well with the other animals, So they have to confine them to one area. He also said that they have only one sex of any particular species. Some species are male and some are female. If they mix them, they get agressive towards each other and the other species.

Can I just say how much I love this resort!!! We just stayed last week for nights and was upgraded to a pool view from a reg standard view. We originally had 1 night booked but when we got there decided to book and extra night. We had a dicounted rate and they gave us the additional night at the same discounted rate. Hoping to stay in 2004 concierge!!!

Hi, I am new to this post. Last trip we stayed WL.This trip we would like to try AKL. I have been checking the maps. I have 2 DDs. One would like to sit on the balcony and watch the animals. the other is in the pool all the time. I am looking at rooms that face zebra trail and other side of hall are the poolside rooms. These rooms look close to the elevator so easy access to the pool and the mara. the numbers are 2423 or 2451. Is there a name for this location? Could someone give me some good locations for what I am looking for???? thanks.....corvair amy

We stayed in rooms 1462 and 1464 last June. They were facing the pool area, but with many bushes that the pool were not viewing at all. But it was greatly located,near the pool exit , near laundry room, and Simba Club house and of course to Mara. I like them very much.

minniemosa,, did you request ground level? The section of rooms you were in, is there a name for these? I would like to be there only on the third floor? Did you make any requests and if you did were they met? Was there somewhere close you could go to veiw the animals? How was the Mara? Would you stay on ground floor again? How did you enjoy the pool??? thanks,,,corvair amy

We are just back from 2 nights at AKL. We paid for a standard room and made no special requests except nonsmoking and 2 Queen beds. At check in they told us we had been upgraded to a pool view room at no extra charge. Great!!

We had room # 4016 in the Giraffe trail section. I could not have asked for a better room. It was right by the elevator that went directly down to the pool and restaurants.

We ate at Mara twice. Never busy. It was good. I tried the sugar cane chicken since it was one of the least expensive "african fare" choices. The veggies were too spicy for me, but the chicken was fine. Cost $6.99. My husband and kids ate American. the 2nd night we got a pizza there, about $17 for a large pepperoni pizza, it had 10 large pieces, plenty big for me and my husband and 2 light eater children, we had 3 pieces left over.

I would not pay for a savanna room if it isn't in you budget, we saw plenty of animals from all the public areas. I loved the pool view room we had, we could see the whole pool from the balcony.

Great resort.

pam2girls, thanks for the info. Was your room right above the Jiko? How was the pool? would 2 girls 12 and 9 enjoy it? How were the hottubs? We are thinking of savanah for my one daughter and pool veiw for other. It was great to hear that you could see alot of animals from the veiwing areas. thanks...corvair amy

Originally posted by MelissaD
Hi,
I am booked at AKL in October for 2 nights for my anniversary and reserved a one bedroom suite. I would like any feedback from anyone who has stayed in the suites and also, what views and room #'s if possible. I want to make sure for the extra $$$ I get the best possible view's.

We have booked a 1BR suite for AKL and we also would really would like some tips on how we should request the right room.

My 3 y/o DS is a real animal fan and we want him to be able to see Zebras as well as be close to the pool.

What about the big patios we read about. Is that something only on the 6th floor?

Thanks for any help. :earsboy:

Any suggestions for room requests(section, room number, floor)?We will be in a savannah room.

Thanks!:bounce:

cornair, I think your girls would love it. I have 3 girls, ages 7 and 3 and 8 mos. They are not animal lovers, but they thought it was great. They loved the pool. It is less than 5 ft at its deepest part, so they thought it was neat that daddy could take them all over the pool. I'm sure you know that one area is zero ft. entry, another side has steps. There is a water slide, very mild but looked like all the kids loved it.

I walked by the hot tub on the way to the playground area, but I didn't pay that much attention to it. sorry. I was watching my 8 mo. old nap most of the time we were there. That's why I liked my pool view room, I watched my other 2 girls swim with dad.

Room 4016 very centrally located and yes, pretty much above Jiko, just take the elevator down. The elevators seemed very spaced out, that is why I liked eing so close to one. Easy access to refill mugs at Mara and to pool.

You will have a great time any room you stay in though. Hope this helps. Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter