Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Frequently Asked Questions (slight update 5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non members may stay at AK Villas!!! They are buiding the new DVC bldg now which will be named Kidani Village, espected to open early 2009 I think.
The villas that exist now are located in Jambo house that already exists, they renovated existing deluxe rooms and concierge rooms to make way for DVC ..this officially opened July of this year.
So you are still in the "Lodge"....sounds like a great deal! A studio will provide you with a few more amenities such as a little kitchenette! Go to allears.net for photos!!!

Thanks for your quick response, DisneyBride'03. I appreciate the info.:flower3:
The last time we stayed @ AKL was in 2003. We had to walk "miles" to the main hall from our room and I don't remember this type of room. :confused:
Where are these rooms located?

The studios are brand new.....so they will be located on the top floor....not sure exactly abt the trails and savannahs, never stayed there.
You are right abt the long walks...my DD stayed overnight here with my SIL the night we got married...we went the next day to pick her up...I thought for sure their room was in another resort!! lol
But AKL was beautiful!

We are staying at AKL at the end of November....we have a standard view but are hoping for an upgrade...we have a 3 year old so we don't need to be really really far out...can someone tell me the best area to request? thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter