Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have bad experiences with buses? We just got back from a 2 week split Pop/Kidani stay. Of course, getting a bus at park close was a lot better at Kidani vs Pop, but we had some terrible waits in the mornings, especially to MK. Two mornings, we could see the MK bus pull away as we got there. One morning, we had to wait 40 minutes for a bus at park open. Then 2 buses came at once. We basically lost an hour of park time because of the bus.

This upcoming stay at AKL will be our first, so I can't comment on that specifically. More generally, I find morning buses often erratic and we generally drive to the further away parks when we stay onsite unless we are on a monorail resort. When we are ready to go, we go! Parking is free and we've got our car. In the afternoon, evening when there's not usually any time pressure we might drive or we might take Disney transportation, depends on how we feel and if we think we might have an adult beverage.

We've flown a couple of times and find that depending entirely the onsite transportation isn't nearly as convenient. The main exception is MK--to get there we do usually take Disney transportation since it lands us at the park and driving would only get us to the TTC. On our AKL trip, we aren't planning on going to MK at all.

Anyone else have bad experiences with buses? We just got back from a 2 week split Pop/Kidani stay. Of course, getting a bus at park close was a lot better at Kidani vs Pop, but we had some terrible waits in the mornings, especially to MK. Two mornings, we could see the MK bus pull away as we got there. One morning, we had to wait 40 minutes for a bus at park open. Then 2 buses came at once. We basically lost an hour of park time because of the bus.
2 -1/2 stays there and Nope..This has never been an issue....Sorry for your bad timing, but don't let that 1 instance or 2 ruin your memories of AKL/V.

Has anyone done online check in in the last few days? I'm doing ours, and the options have changed! We're staying at Kidani in a one breadroom savannah view. There is no longer a choice for picking a savannah. (Plus, the whole online checking process seems different...) I was eligible to do online check-in a few weeks ago, and I could have sworn they were there then. Anyone else experience this? image1.JPG

By the way, this is our first time staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge.... we are so looking forward to it!!!! :D

Has anyone done online check in in the last few days? I'm doing ours, and the options have changed! We're staying at Kidani in a one breadroom savannah view. There is no longer a choice for picking a savannah. (Plus, the whole online checking process seems different...) I was eligible to do online check-in a few weeks ago, and I could have sworn they were there then. Anyone else experience this? View attachment 192792

By the way, this is our first time staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge.... we are so looking forward to it!!!! :D
Yes! I'm very frustrated by this!!! Just a few days ago it had both savannas as an option and now nothing. I wish I didn't put it off now. I am going to fax in my request for a view of the sunset savanna and hope it works.

Don't be too concerned Jazzylolo, I had actually completed my 2 selections, but when I checked again the "Savannah View" I had selected had changed back to "Make a Selection".

Don't be too concerned Jazzylolo, I had actually completed my 2 selections, but when I checked again the "Savannah View" I had selected had changed back to "Make a Selection".

yes this happened to me too! So frustrating! I think if you had it selected before, it should have stayed on there

Has anyone done online check in in the last few days? I'm doing ours, and the options have changed! We're staying at Kidani in a one breadroom savannah view. There is no longer a choice for picking a savannah. (Plus, the whole online checking process seems different...) I was eligible to do online check-in a few weeks ago, and I could have sworn they were there then. Anyone else experience this? View attachment 192792

LoL...Laffin at the wording above.... By the looks of it, I'm guessing you've got a room in----Sanaa ...........( Bread/service w/ a savanna view..LoL )

We are getting close! AKL Sept 20-25.

One question for those who know the layout- my parents are staying CL and we are not. Does this mean we won't be able to get a room near them? We have a Savanna view, but are all the CL rooms in a separate section somewhere? We were hoping for connecting room, but if not just as close together as possible.
September

Grooovertoo, Aug 31st - 10th, Jambo House

KingdomHeartsFan, 9th -12th, Kidani

KingdomHeartsFan, 12th - 17th, Jambo

Publix subs, 15th - 19th, AKL

Dreamseeker9, 17th - 20th, AKL

Mm. Leota, 17th - 24th, AKL

BanditsMommy, 18th - 25th, AKL

berryinDC, 19th - 23rd, AKL

TreeFalls, 20th - 25th, AKL

PNO4TE, 23rd - 26th, F&W BWV

Brnrss34, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL

YoYoAurora, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL CL

RachelTori, 24th - Oct 1st, GF and BWI

Nicolebridget22, 24th - 8th, AKL

Hill6, 26th - 28th, Kidani

MadMadamMim1, 26th - Oct 1st, Jambo House

AmyA, 28th - Oct 5th, AKL

Is there an exit to the pool by the elevator that is near the laundry room on Zebra Trail?

OK, I changed our Savannah View Room requests today to be King Bed and Close to Lobby. I'm not sure what that will get us but I do know we are just 9 & 1/2 days away!!

Last edited:
Our first couple of days are club level regular hotel reservations but then we change to DVC 1 BR Jambo house. I know we can use club level until midnight right of our club level check out -my question is I have deluxe dining with club reservation and regular dining with the DVC stay. Is my regular dining active after I check in to DVC and should I use 2 separate bands or one? I have bands coming but I bought the Dooney band so I'm thinking about putting everything on it. I just don't want too much confusion with dining, room entry, club level, and charging to the room. Any advice is appreciated.

Our first couple of days are club level regular hotel reservations but then we change to DVC 1 BR Jambo house. I know we can use club level until midnight right of our club level check out -my question is I have deluxe dining with club reservation and regular dining with the DVC stay. Is my regular dining active after I check in to DVC and should I use 2 separate bands or one? I have bands coming but I bought the Dooney band so I'm thinking about putting everything on it. I just don't want too much confusion with dining, room entry, club level, and charging to the room. Any advice is appreciated.

Yes, your standard dining plan will become active. Unless you booked the two different stays on two different My Disney Experience accounts, it doesn't matter which Magic Band you use - they all connect back to your one My Disney Experience account. The bands are all just connections to one account - think of it like your checking account where you can use a debit card, your ATM card, or a paper check - all of the money comes out of the same account, but the debit card, your ATM card, and a checkbook are all representations of that one same account. Make sure to be clear with your server at your restaurants about which dining plan to deduct your meals from on your "crossover" day if you have any Deluxe meals remaining after you check in to your DVC unit.

I have a standard room at AKL booked. My plan is to ask for third floor, near the lobby.

My aim is to not walk too much from the bus stop. Enjoy views of animals from the common areas. Enjoy the activities at AKL with the kids.

Does this type of room request seem foolish for any reason to more experienced people?

We requested a "near the lobby" room with standard view our last trip and had a 3rd floor room on the giraffe trail. Fantastic location to get to the pool, the Mara, and the busses.

The downside - we had a room that had absolutely no view. If you went onto the balcony - the roof above the bus stop was all you could see. There was absolutely zero natural light, it felt like a cave, and we had zero cell service.

For us, the advantages outweighed the disadvantages. However, we are going to gamble with not putting in a request for our trip in October.

We requested a "near the lobby" room with standard view our last trip and had a 3rd floor room on the giraffe trail. Fantastic location to get to the pool, the Mara, and the busses.

The downside - we had a room that had absolutely no view. If you went onto the balcony - the roof above the bus stop was all you could see. There was absolutely zero natural light, it felt like a cave, and we had zero cell service.

For us, the advantages outweighed the disadvantages. However, we are going to gamble with not putting in a request for our trip in October.
What is the best thing to request to get a partial Savannah view - what language is most effective, in people's experience? Is there a specific location/set of rooms?

What is the best thing to request to get a partial Savannah view - what language is most effective, in people's experience? Is there a specific location/set of rooms?
I've heard of people having success using the room request tool on touring plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter